Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 MCs being signed to a label
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/24 :  09:55:52  Show profile Send a private message
So, I've seen this a few times now and it's probably happened for a while.

Static and Whizzkid are 'signed' to Futureworld, Storm signed to KlubbedUp and noe Wotsee is signed to GTYM.

What does this actually mean? I don't really understand it. It's not as if they will release track on that label.

Is it just simply a publicity statement? It just all seems a little needless to me as does the signing thing in general. For example, since Gammer has been signed to Futureworld, he's had a handful of tracks released in there with Dougal. In the same time frame he's had two complete albums released independent to this.

Am I missing something?

Alert moderator
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/08/24 :  10:21:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Am I missing something?

Yes, you are.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/08/24 :  11:30:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
Its less about the releasing of music, and more about events. If GTYM has an event, they'll have a decent sized line up from just the people they have signed.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/08/24 :  15:44:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Exactly what we don't need.

Try booking DJ's and you'll be forced to book an MC as part of the deal.

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/08/24 :  17:29:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

Yep!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/08/24 :  17:57:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
GTYM so badly want to be in control of the 'scene' it's unreal.

Let's just let them have it and carry on without them.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/08/24 :  19:49:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I still don't know who they're meant to be.. Outforce and Ben Xtreme or something? Obviously Wotsee (as Claxton mentioned)

Or is it obie because real talk was gtym wasnt it?

Edited by - Elipton on 2014/08/24 19:55:23
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/08/24 :  20:01:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
Apparently it's Keyes, Ben X-Treme, Rescue, Outforce, Enemy, Age-O, Reconize, Energized, Chris Shux, Juvenile, Faze

Not a clue who most of these peeps are. Keyes did a track called "Take a chance" about 7 years ago. Ben X-Treme produces, but none of his tracks come to mind. Rescue used to be a decent produce, but I've not kept up with his stuff. Outforce was 4orce DJ, and used to make some nice productions actually. Nothing recent has impressed me as much as his old stuff. Enemy I assume is MC Enemy. Age-O did a free track with Sash Dee once. I had no idea he was still active. Reconize is Re-Cons label (isn't it? or did someone actually name themselves that?). Never heard of Chris Shux, never heard of Faze, and I vaguely remember speaking to Juvenile. I think he's on the list of people never to do graphic design for again.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/08/24 :  23:44:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
What it means is that the UK hardcore scene is stupid as fuck into thinking that MCs are at the same level as DJs and producers which they are not and a waste of time and money because they are not needed at raves. You can throw an event without MCs but you can't throw one without DJs.

and I'm buzzing pretty nicely right now but I'm not pissed off lol excuse me while I drink some more :D

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/08/25 :  00:10:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
What it means is that the UK hardcore scene is stupid as fuck into thinking that MCs are at the same level as DJs and producers which they are not and a waste of time and money because they are not needed at raves. You can throw an event without MCs but you can't throw one without DJs.

and I'm buzzing pretty nicely right now but I'm not pissed off lol excuse me while I drink some more :D

MCs run the raves mate. They influence who plays, and what they play. If they heard a track that they cant talk over enough, they send it back to the studio. Producers and DJs oblige because MCs determine reputations and future bookings.

The scene is indeed stupid as ****.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/08/25 :  00:36:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
quote:

MCs run the raves mate. They influence who plays, and what they play. If they heard a track that they cant talk over enough, they send it back to the studio. Producers and DJs oblige because MCs determine reputations and future bookings.

I remember the old days of the 90s, the MC was mentioned in smaller print, if your favourite MC wasn't there, well oh bugger, still be good anyway.
Now it's MC STORM BACK TO BACK MC WHIZZKID
featuring Styles

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2014/08/25 :  01:02:59  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:

Try booking DJ's and you'll be forced to book an MC as part of the deal.

....and if the promoter can't afford both, then what?

*is puzzled*

Maybe it's a vocal-thing when it comes to producing? Just a stab in the dark as (and I'll use him as a very good example) Obie plays across the board for pretty much any DJ if booked.

Edited by - Entity on 2014/08/25 01:17:01
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/08/25 :  02:50:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
While I mostly despise MCs, Obie and Mayhem are two of the very few MCs that do not cross that obnoxious line and greatly respect vocal tracks. Plus Obie is a badass guy.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/08/25 :  07:56:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
well.. I dont know about not being obnoxious, but yeah obie tends to respect the music more. There was another Mc I liked too who managed to get on the freeformation roster... name escapes me..

Kebab Head
Advanced Member

Wallis And Futuna Islands
645 posts
Posted - 2014/08/25 :  12:59:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kebab Head's homepage
quote:
quote:

this is ******** coz without DJs playing the music raves and clubs would be empty as no one would turn up just to hear an MC rap about shite without any music playing.... so DJs are needed far more than what MCs are

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2014/08/25 :  13:12:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Kebab Head:
quote:
quote:

this is ******** coz without DJs playing the music raves and clubs would be empty as no one would turn up just to hear an MC rap about shite without any music playing.... so DJs are needed far more than what MCs are

I'm not saying that people want MC's more than DJ's, I'm saying that MC's have more influence. They can manipulate who plays at events. Stupid as that is, it's the case.

It's not the ravers choice. Ironically, it was the 'Ravers Choice' event not going ahead that proved that.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.28 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page