Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2014/08/25 :  15:11:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
the UK hardcore scene is stupid as ****

/thread

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/08/25 :  21:55:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Let's not forget, a great way to sabotage a set/dj is to keep inconstant pairing with mcs who don't know their tracks; it's a great way to undermine music.

Given the state of the scene, I find it amazing that people believe splitting things is the answer. I sent a promoter the F&D vs Entity live at rehab set recently (no joke, it's actually reaffirming stuff) and it wasn't even downloaded.

Despite my sincerest efforts, I fear it will get worse before it gets better.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/08/26 07:25:51
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/08/25 :  22:01:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
It's the lack of effort and considering the wider view that's making the 'big' (though god knows why) players less and less attractive in my eyes.

I know i've king of done it for a while but from now on i refuse to support labels/events DJ/Mc's who aren't doing it for more than their own ego and self importance.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/08/26 :  18:20:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Let's not forget, a great way to sabotage a set/dj is to keep inconstant pairing with mcs who don't know their tracks; it's a great way to undermine music.

Given the state of the scene, I find it amazing that people believe splitting things is the answer. I sent a promoter the F&D vs Entity live at rehab set recently (no joke, it's actually reaffirming stuff) and it wasn't even downloaded.

Despite my sincerest efforts, I fear it will get worse before it gets better.

CDJay

It will get worse before it gets better. I think in the long term, it's probably necessary. All the old hands running the ship are starting to wither and pack it in. That goes for MC's, promoters, producers.. Either others step up and try and fill the void, or Hardcore won't reestablish itself to how it once was.

Personally, if a weaker scene in the UK means a better one across the globe, good.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/08/26 :  19:39:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
We're thinking fairly similarly; ultimately things will be better long term from fair foundations. I just don't see that coming easily or quickly in the UK atm. There are some signs that things will turn around in a 8-12 month window, but we're refocusing on the global stages after a few years of largely uk centric activity.

Edited by - CDJay on 2014/08/26 19:45:09

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.98 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page