Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2014/09/06 :  19:05:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
Will buy this the day there'll be MC free versions.

Unless it's made like how it was on True Hardcore, where Whizzkid actually sounded part of the track rather than talking over all of the tracks. For example, in Sy & Unknown - Time of Our Lives he's a fanastic contrast to the other parts of the track, almost like he was part of the making of the track. (Y)

My SOUNDCLOUD

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Quicksilver on 2014/09/06 19:13:04
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/09/06 :  20:43:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Cd2 is more like that, the others more traditional live sets.

Something for everyone!

CDJay

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/09/07 :  12:53:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
Can't really comment on track lists since I haven't heard most of the tracks, I only hear hardcore now when I buy the cds! but still buzzing anyway and just pre-ordered it!

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2014/09/07 :  22:07:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
Will buy this the day there'll be MC free versions.

Unless it's made like how it was on True Hardcore, where Whizzkid actually sounded part of the track rather than talking over all of the tracks. For example, in Sy & Unknown - Time of Our Lives he's a fanastic contrast to the other parts of the track, almost like he was part of the making of the track. (Y)

Totally agree.

quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
Cd2 is more like that, the others more traditional live sets.

CDJay

The thing I don't get is that many DJs (Fracus & Darwin and Brisk, for example) frequently give away 'Live Sets' for download, and these feature MCs.. so why should I pay for 3 lots of 'Live Sets' which could possibly have been made available for free?

I kinda assumed that the artists featured on such live sets were happy for it to be released for free because people would listen to it, think to themselves 'god I love X's track, but it's got some horribly MC chatting shit over it, so I'm going to go to TID now and download it'. maybe I'm being naive..

Edited by - robertybob on 2014/09/07 22:20:30
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/09/08 :  07:09:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
As the saying goes.... "you get what you pay for". There's a significant cost incurred in doing things properly, both in the recording and mastering stage. The result is a fairly significant step up from the standard "capture master output and somehow sometimes end up with a mono signal" approach typifying such endeavours to date.

Also, this is a fairly large step away from the standard DJ set. This isn't everyone turning up to play the same tracks as last week in a different order. There was a *lot* of material written specifically for this project, and content dumped in a live setting. CD1 was completed fully a month ahead of the event, as Prospect was moving to Ibiza. I can't stress the thousands of man hours that went into differentiating this project.

I am fully aware, and was well before commissioning the album, that some people don't particularly like having MCs on mixes. Of our subset of the scene that is likely running at a higher perecentage than most. I'd argue, though, that by bringing the MCs into the process a bit earlier and with more investment there's a chance to bring back the concept of complementary comparing. How else to affect change? There's been a coherent effort to balance a range of interests, and whilst we're far from the stars we were shooting for (we essentially ran out of time to truly give the MCs the sort of prep time I think would be ideal, and we had technical issues on the night that have resulted in various issues I'd rather have not faced both at the time and getting the album ready) I still reckon we've come up with something special.

Months, and I do mean months, of prep went into this album and event from all concerned. It's something you can very much tell, when listening to this "one of a kind" project. It's easily worth ?15, IMO.

We already do a near monthly podcast which takes 2-3 days to pull together, and costs us quite a bit to get everyone in a single location to execute. That goes up for free.

CDJay

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/09/18 :  16:44:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Some clips are now up!

https://soundcloud.com/hardcoreunderground/sets/hu-presents-live-at-rehab

CDJay

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2014/09/18 :  17:27:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
And what clips they are!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/09/18 :  17:29:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
With the exception of Whizzkid, I actually don't mind the MCing on this album at all. Some great tracks, was surprised that Cross The Line was a Fracus & Darwin remix it had a powerstomp feel to it that was more like a Kurt and Joey Riot remix. Can't wait till I order this album :)

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2014/09/18 :  19:25:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
It's a very different feel to it's seeming ilk. This is boat pushing, risk taking, at a time when needed. The whole scene should be behind this straining their backs. We f***ing did, heh.

CDJay

robertybob

United Kingdom
328 posts
Posted - 2014/09/20 :  22:47:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit robertybob's homepage  Reply with quote
Urgh, great tracks but there is absolutely no way I could buy this album in it's current form.

Remove the MCs, call it HU Underground 6.5 and I'll happily give you 30 fine English pounds for it.

DJ Reevzy

United Kingdom
128 posts
Posted - 2014/09/20 :  23:30:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Reevzy's homepage  Reply with quote
I say fair fooking play for trying something new and putting in the manhours. For 15 english pounds this is well worth the dosh. Looking forward to getting the album

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/10/04 :  12:54:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage  Reply with quote
I think the concept is brilliant and can't wait to receive my copy next week! and mc's don't bother me at all, in fact I like a bit of mc'ing, especially years and years ago I used to love when I seen a track featuring an mc, couldn't wait to hear it, and when I used to buy loads of tape packs as well, live sets and the mc's, well suppose I've heard poor ones or ones where the mc ruins the mix but all in all its a good think, just some people cry and moan about everything! some people never happy, even with an exciting new project like this that hasn't been done before

DanTheory
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2014/10/04 :  13:18:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DanTheory's homepage  Reply with quote
Buzzing for this!!

Will be interesting to hear some live recorded music, bit different from the usual HU stuff.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/12/29 :  19:29:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
any update on receiving sets with no MC? :D

johnnygomental
Average Member

United Kingdom
192 posts
Posted - 2014/12/29 :  20:23:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit johnnygomental's homepage  Reply with quote
Mixed feelings tbh, admire the new idea twist and love the track selection,but, having the mc's is a bit naff.Modern mc'ing is a bit too 'wigan pier' for me but kudos on the dj's and the tracks, superb.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.3 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page