Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Why must people do this???
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/09/06 :  17:44:15  Show profile Send a private message
I ran into this mix this morning and what a fucking trainwreck! It's not only the transitions that I have an issue with, it's the fact that there was a lot of copy and paste jobs done from albums, specifically Hardcore Underground 6. AFAIK there's no release of Darwin and 3Star's Leap, so this guy took that track as well as the following one, Paradise, straight out of the 4th CD of HU6. He probably lifted Thoughts & Smiles and About To Fly from CD2, and who know what else he got from where I didn't want to listen to more of this mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g67pPc9tErE

Alert moderator
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/09/07 :  04:52:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
Those transitions were horrible. I don't see the problem with taking unreleased material from a mix though, unless you actually take consecutive tracks and steal that DJ's mixing talent. Is that what happened here? I haven't had a chance to buy HU6 yet.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/09/07 :  05:58:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
Best mix i ever heard

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/09/07 :  06:14:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
Those transitions were horrible. I don't see the problem with taking unreleased material from a mix though, unless you actually take consecutive tracks and steal that DJ's mixing talent. Is that what happened here? I haven't had a chance to buy HU6 yet.

Yea the 2 transitions that i mentioned are straight from HU6 CD2 and CD4. There might be more, but those are the 2 that I noticed.

I didn't listen to the whole thing, I was mainly looking to see if there was a full version of Leap somewhere, and noticed this mix had it there.

It's super obvious to anyone who owns HU6 that it in fact came from there.

RobW

United States
23 posts
Posted - 2014/09/07 :  16:17:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit RobW's homepage
Sigh.. sounds like this kid just downloaded some random dj app to put this together. Probably used sync instead of beat matching and obviously knows nothing about phrasing properly. And then, on top of all that, he rips and uses songs off of a mix??!! The only thing i liked was the track that sampled pacman.

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/09/07 :  16:25:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
Mixes - however bad - aren't to be discouraged, though. Hardcore's hardly got much new blood in terms of fans, so the more people getting involved the better. There's no point in disliking the video or commenting an essay about how bad it is.

The Dopeman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,393 posts
Posted - 2014/09/07 :  20:13:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Dopeman's homepage
i do mixes like that all the time...not as badly as that mind but i take the odd track from someone elses mix if i like it but can't get a hold of the full track don't see much wrong with it tbh

djchexmixer

United States
363 posts
djchexmixer has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/09/07 :  23:03:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djchexmixer's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
Mixes - however bad - aren't to be discouraged, though. Hardcore's hardly got much new blood in terms of fans, so the more people getting involved the better. There's no point in disliking the video or commenting an essay about how bad it is.

You bring up a good point. We all start somewhere.

But damn those transitions.... sounds like what RobW said, put together with some basic understanding of some software.

I couldn't listen to the entire thing, so I'll take your word latininxtc that he stole some of his transitions. Stealing a transition... even though we all start somewhere, don't start there.

65 views, 95% from probably from this thread :P

Happy Dance Fusion Vol. 2:
https://soundcloud.com/dj-cruelcore-neo/happy-dance-fusion-vol-2

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2014/09/08 :  00:46:45  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
People have to start somewhere, at least they know what a bad mix is, I know a bunch of "DJ's" that have never put a mix out for fear of people saying it's shit.

Truth be told I rejected bluecore's mixes on HappyHardcore.com radio for 5-6 times before accepting him, he worked hard to improve based on feedback and now is a top DJ.

Power to the DJ for getting his mix out there bad or not.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/09/08 :  08:45:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
And here I thought I was bad :P Most of my misstakes (which I still do even if I still use virtualdj) is not properly checking the volume of the track. Most of my beat missmatches are done by myself -.-

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/09/08 :  09:49:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
misstakes

Tee hee!

I'm the same though with the volume thing, that's my main error.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2014/09/08 :  10:06:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
Edit: too harsh, don't wanna hurt anyone's feelings

If the guy who made the mix finds this thread, we'll help you out.

Edited by - Elliott on 2014/09/08 10:24:21

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page