Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Tracks, DJ mixes & release announcements
 HTID USA Live Sets Up
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
djchexmixer

United States
363 posts
djchexmixer has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/11/15 :  04:32:19  Show profile Send a private message  Visit djchexmixer's homepage
Not sure if this was posted yet.

HTID USA Live sets up for listening:
https://soundcloud.com/htidusa/sets/htid-usa-la-hardcore-sets

Happy Dance Fusion Vol. 2:
https://soundcloud.com/dj-cruelcore-neo/happy-dance-fusion-vol-2

Alert moderator
_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2014/11/15 :  08:58:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

Nice! Cheers. :-)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/11/15 :  12:03:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
Already had a listen, scott browns was my fave, followed by hixxy, all the rest were decent aswell. Enjoyed the hard dance/style sets too. Would of been an enjoyable night for those attending

Maggers

United States
57 posts
Posted - 2014/11/15 :  19:12:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Maggers's homepage
Only had a chance to listen to F&D and Dummy & Oli G so far and loved them. Wish they'd put the recordings up without MC's though. :(

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/15 :  23:11:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Maggers:
Only had a chance to listen to F&D and Dummy & Oli G so far and loved them. Wish they'd put the recordings up without MC's though. :(

I've only listened to the F&D mix and I would not have been too bothered by MC Whizzkid had he not been at a higher volume than the actual mix. And lol how he trainwrecked and spewing shit right over the lyrics to that one song. A clear example he doesn't bother knowing the material outside his own crew of people he normally is stuck with. I felt bad for F&D for that one.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/11/16 :  00:37:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

I've only listened to the F&D mix and I would not have been too bothered by MC Whizzkid had he not been at a higher volume than the actual mix. And lol how he trainwrecked and spewing shit right over the lyrics to that one song. A clear example he doesn't bother knowing the material outside his own crew of people he normally is stuck with. I felt bad for F&D for that one.

shit is pretty annoying hearing back. they def need to be quite 80% more. phased it out in the moment :D. dropped alot of my favorite tracks. i think scott brown's was my favorite though . but that whole "morning glory" set thing hixxy did was beautiful. seriously what a way to end the night :')

Edited by - trippnface on 2014/11/16 00:37:45
Maggers

United States
57 posts
Posted - 2014/11/16 :  01:02:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Maggers's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:

Yeah - that's why I think the mixes should have been put up without the MC's. It really ruined the part of the set that he was on for me. But I also dislike MC's at events for more than a couple minutes per set. (I'm old - I just want to hear the music lol)

oxis

Portugal
128 posts
Posted - 2014/11/16 :  14:06:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oxis's homepage
whizzkid sounds wasted in half of these

jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2014/11/16 :  15:04:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage
I'd much rather hear a lead or breakdown.

By all means MC's are good for genres such as dubstep, trap and glitch hop since they can hype a build up so everyone goes harder for a drop.

But since hardcore is mainly melodic I don't think there's any need for crowd hyping, and if any needs to be done then I'd much rather be addressed by the DJ personally.

Of course MC's are useful for presentation since they can introduce acts and keep the order of the event flowing.

... when I'm at events they're usually talking so fast I don't understand what they're saying anyway.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/11/16 :  16:41:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by jordesuvi:
... when I'm at events they're usually talking so fast I don't understand what they're saying anyway.

And when you do know what they are saying it's usually depressing tales about their lives in the ghetto, threatening to beat up their 'haters', how they are the greatest person ever to use a microphone ever, etc etc.
Goes really well with happy, uplifting music, that.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Maggers

United States
57 posts
Posted - 2014/11/17 :  18:11:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Maggers's homepage
So - listened to more sets. WTF is up with whizzkid *singing* along to Junior and other instrumentals on the mic? Hixxy's set was pretty great except for Whizzkid. The last time whizzkid was in toronto he didn't seem too off, but this was actually terrible. If I had been at the event I would have been hoping for him to shut up. :( Off key mc singing to classics is a sure fire way to make me want to leave immediatley.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/11/17 :  19:18:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
he really wasn't that bad.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/17 :  20:10:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
he really wasn't that bad.

That's probably because you're British and you've heard so much of this awful shit that you don't even notice how awful it really is.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/11/17 :  20:33:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
i dont listen to whizzkid that much. but i do know that he isnt terrible at all

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/11/17 :  20:39:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
As far as MC's go - whizzkid is the best hardcore has to offer by quite some distance. Has a great stage presence and I do enjoy his ryhmes listening back. Much better live though.

Maggers

United States
57 posts
Posted - 2014/11/17 :  22:15:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Maggers's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
As far as MC's go - whizzkid is the best hardcore has to offer by quite some distance. Has a great stage presence and I do enjoy his ryhmes listening back. Much better live though.

All I am commenting on was his MCing at HTID USA, via the recordings posted because I wasn't there in person. And like I said, I don't recall him being this bad in Toronto, but I also had quite a bit of vodka that night lol.

I guess what I'm hoping is that the folks who decide to record & release mixes from events will put a bit more thought into what makes the set good, and record the mix & MC separately so editing decisions can be made. If the MCing was good live, but sounds awful on the tape, or has a handful of bad sections - just cut those out and release a good listenable product. He was voted the only MC better than silence, so it's clear he's popular and talented. He's also one of the few that can feature on tracks and not sound ridiculous. I definitely respect him overall, but what ended up on these sets, with the level issues and randomness, was just not good.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.95 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page