Total online 1545
 Radio listeners 169+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Tiesto tells why he ditched Trance for House.
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  09:40:35  Show profile Send a private message
Saw in a recent interview on youtube and in the dance press Tiesto answers why he left Trance for EDM and House.

To summarise in short form. He basically says nobody really cares about Trance anymore and that it would have been counter productive to his career.
Also that it is nice to be intouch with the new generation of 16 to 18 year old producers that are mostly into house now days.
Is also more exciting to play shorter tunes that don't go for 8 minutes like Trance tracks.

I never liked Tiesto when he played Trance but have to admit the sound he plays now is alot more versatile and interesting.
Just shows it pays to move with the times. Most of the old Hard Trance djs don't even make the Top 100 anymore. Have nearly all been knocked out by Hardstyle and EDM djs.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Alert moderator

Edited by - rafferty on 2014/11/19 09:45:16
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  09:41:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Saw in a recent interview on youtube and in the dance press Tiesto answers why he left Trance for EDM and House.

To summarise in short form. He basically says nobody really cares about Trance anymore and that it would have been counter productive to his career.
Also that it is nice to be intouch with the new generation of 16 to 18 year olds producers that are mostly into house now days.
Is also more exciting to play shorter trachs that don't go for 8 minutes like Trance tracks.

I never liked Tiesto when he played Trance but have to admit the sound he plays now is alot more versatile and interesting.
Just shows it pays to move with the times. Most of the old Hard Trance djs don't even make the Top 100 anymore. Have nearly all been knocked out by Hardstyle and EDM djs.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  09:49:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage
Take that how you will, my personal perception is that's just marketing fluff for "other genres had more money".

He was a pretty average trance dj anyway compared to others. Artists like Lange, JOC, Aly & Fila, Simon Patterson, Paul Oakenfold, Menno de jong, Indecent Noise are all paving the way for trances bright future in my opinion.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  15:52:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
I always thought he was the most boring shit during his trance career. I never understood why people liked him so much. I think playing at the Summer Olympics helped his career further, which is a damn shame as I would have loved to never see more of him ever.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  18:36:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
should of stuck with gabber

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  18:44:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
If I remember correctly, his latest album was absolutely panned by mixmag.

ninja edit

Spain
51 posts
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  18:47:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ninja edit's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
I always thought he was the most boring shit during his trance career. I never understood why people liked him so much. I think playing at the Summer Olympics helped his career further, which is a damn shame as I would have loved to never see more of him ever.

maybe you dont like trance ?) cause for example these are masterpieces

oxis

Portugal
128 posts
Posted - 2014/11/19 :  22:03:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oxis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
should of stuck with gabber

i dont even trance so i am not familiar with tiestos career
i just googled tiesto gabber
i am now laughing

Edited by - oxis on 2014/11/19 22:03:35
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2014/11/20 :  06:49:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
The music he plays on his Club life show I think is alot better than Trance. Don't think it was ever about the money. Is better music what he plays now.

Davie Forbes left Happy Hardcore and changed his name to just David Forbes making Trance instead. He could be called a sell out in that case too.

Rodz90
Average Member

United Kingdom
208 posts
Posted - 2014/11/20 :  10:13:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Rodz90's homepage
quote:
Is better music what he plays now.

Subjective

quote:
Davie Forbes left Happy Hardcore and changed his name to just David Forbes making Trance instead. He could be called a sell out in that case too.

That's a completely different scale

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/11/20 :  12:12:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Rodz90:
quote:

And then there's Carl Cox aswell

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2014/11/21 :  05:37:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
quote:

Subjective

quote:

Yeah your right, Davie Forbes and Mark Sherrys change to Trance was a much bigger sellout act than what dj Tiesto did.

Is just so typical of the Trance scene. When djs joined their scene from other genres it is acceptable but when djs leave their scene suddenly they are called sellouts.

Trance is a sinking ship, and the genre is far too formulated and generic to evolve into anything new anymore. One reason why EDM House is leaving Trance in the dusty past at all major festivals. It is new, far more creative and a much warmer friendlier sound.

The dance scene has moved on.

Edited by - rafferty on 2014/11/21 12:18:54
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2014/11/21 :  07:56:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:

Subjective

quote:

Yeah your right, Davie Forbes and Mark Sherrys change to Trance was a much bigger sellout act than what dj Tiesto did.

Is just so typical of the Trance scene. When djs joined their scene from other genres it is acceptable but when dj leave their scene suddenly they are called sellouts.

Trance is a sinking ship, and the genre is far to formulated and generic to evolve into anything new anymore. One reason why EDM House is leaving Trance in the dusty past. It is new, far more creative and a much warmer friendlier sound.

I don't know if any DJ leaving a dying genre is selling out. It only makes sense to leave one industry and take your skills to another to save your career.

I don't think Trance has died by any means, and Tiesto was a heavyweight who could have influenced its direction.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/12/02 :  09:28:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:

Also that it is nice to be intouch with the new generation of 16 to 18 year old producers that are mostly into house now days.
Is also more exciting to play shorter tunes that don't go for 8 minutes like Trance tracks.

So to summarise; it is more profitable.

Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/12/17 :  14:15:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lilley's homepage
Tiesto tells why no one gives a shit.

brodster

United States
99 posts
Posted - 2014/12/18 :  04:39:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit brodster's homepage
quote:
quote:
quote:

Subjective

quote:

Is just so typical of the Trance scene. When djs joined their scene from other genres it is acceptable but when djs leave their scene suddenly they are called sellouts.

Trance is a sinking ship, and the genre is far too formulated and generic to evolve into anything new anymore. One reason why EDM House is leaving Trance in the dusty past at all major festivals. It is new, far more creative and a much warmer friendlier sound.

I think you are confusing "more creative" with "more profitable". About 95% of new mainstream EDM ain't creative at all. It is mostly to please the masses. All the producers at the top either had connections or were just lucky. And that's not even considering ghost production. EDM is being manufactured, not created.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page