Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Futureworld Winter Bass 2014
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
skankineddie666

United States
98 posts
Posted - 2014/12/03 :  22:01:21  Show profile Send a private message
If the first one wasn't enough ...

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/futureworld-winter-bass-2014/id945716231

Seriously whats up with this??? Talk about recycling old tunes....

Alert moderator

Edited by - skankineddie666 on 2014/12/03 22:01:57
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2014/12/03 :  22:47:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Not surprised at all. Nothing new has been released from the label in 4 months. The other day I was on beatport because they had a cyber Monday special and saw that Klubfiller has been doing the exact same thing. Him and breeze are so pathetic if they think that rehashing old tunes is enough to keep their buyers satisfied.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djscavenger

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2014/12/03 :  22:55:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscavenger's homepage
Whats happened to Futureworld? so much for the regular releases. Its such a shame that it absorbed good labels like essential platinum which had steady releases. This album is pretty awful especially when you compare it to Hardcore Underground albums.

versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2014/12/04 :  00:38:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage
more like Futureworld Winter Bass.

Edited by - versia on 2014/12/04 00:40:04
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2014/12/04 :  20:18:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
thanks for ruining some really great stuff dj breeze; to "bring" us your absolute shit interpretation of an evolution clearly nobody enjoys or was asking for. maybe now his massive ego can clearly see.. it is a failure; and was never a good idea. from a human perspective; his jealous of HU must be palpable right now. or maybe he still is confindant? lol.

i am pretty bitter and honestly hold something against him and the producers that tried to shove that SHIT down our throat. if we woulda sucked it up like halloween kandi breeze would be so full of himself and they would all be mass producing crap crap crap. good thing it was so bad; and they were so unaware ( apparently) how much of a failure it is; no matter how many hardcore "legends" you put on your team. don't think i will ever fully forgive him/them for attempting such a lame ass money grab. man up; kill it; and attempt to make real good hardcore again until everybody forgets about it .

on this note; anybody hear s3rl's most recent song? absolute dogshit. his last few tracks actually..

Bad Corey
Average Member

United States
235 posts
Posted - 2014/12/04 :  20:24:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bad Corey's homepage
S3RL's been pretty much a let down ever since he moved to 160 bpm. He did sneak out a proper quality 175 bpm tune on Justice recently though, name of it escapes me at the moment.

Edited by - Bad Corey on 2014/12/04 20:25:08
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/12/04 :  22:03:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
This looks pretty gash just like the one before it. Re-releasing a bunch of tracks just in case anyone missed them the first time round. At least the first one had the better tracks on the label. This is like clxh8 all over again.

quote:
Originally posted by djscavenger:
Whats happened to Futureworld? so much for the regular releases. Its such a shame that it absorbed good labels like essential platinum which had steady releases. This album is pretty awful especially when you compare it to Hardcore Underground albums.

Yep they've been terrible lately and it's such a shame because they have got some amazing talent signed, who all retired their own labels to join FW with the promise of regular releases. Theres a breeze ep coming out on Monday which will be the first new release on the label since August I think. Sounds like a half decent release considering its breeze but there are so many tunes that need to be put out and it's taking ages.

Slow releases have always been an issue with hardcore since I started listening and the fact that the digital era has failed to sort it out confirms to me that the producers intentionally hold back releases. I can understand their logic to an extent as it means promoters need to book them if they want to hear these tunes live, so it's maximising their income... But it's frustrating as hell for the average fan. By the time most big tunes are released people have become bored of them.

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2014/12/04 22:05:59
djscavenger

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2014/12/04 :  22:58:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscavenger's homepage
What I really don't get is that the digital age was supposed to solve the release problem. I remember vinyl being more regular than some digital labels. I really don't get what the problem is no other scene is a constipated with its releases like hardcore

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2014/12/05 :  12:58:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
quote:
What I really don't get is that the digital age was supposed to solve the release problem. I remember vinyl being more regular than some digital labels. I really don't get what the problem is no other scene is a constipated with its releases like hardcore

I reckon it's because most scenes are bigger than hardcore and the producers have much more income from events and record sales. There just isn't much money in hardcore so the producers need to maximise the amount of money they can make from their productions. If they hold back releases then promoters have to book them in order to hear the latest tunes.

danielseven

Italy
350 posts
danielseven has attended 4 events
Posted - 2014/12/05 :  14:21:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit danielseven's homepage
quote:

Have you considered the "piracy" factor, that don't even stops even when regards an album released for charity reasons?

Edited by - danielseven on 2014/12/05 14:22:12
jordesuvi

United Kingdom
143 posts
jordesuvi has attended 4 events
Posted - 2014/12/05 :  14:31:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jordesuvi's homepage
Digital releases are useful in getting hardcore to more ears. For fan retention, CD's are great.
For spreading music so newer listeners aren't discouraged by having to pay full price for an album / EP just to get one track they kinda liked.
No doubt you will lose money, but it depends if you just want to keep your fan base or expand.

Also, I feel a little ripped off if I buy an album and only like some of the tracks in it. It's like paying the price of an album just for 4 songs since you're not typically going to be listening to the songs you weren't so fond of again.

Plus, CD releases don't technically stop piracy. It's lessens the chance of it, sure. But anyone can just .rar up the CD and post it on zippyshare.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2014/12/05 :  14:49:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I dont think Piracy in hardcore isnt as big as it was before. I rarelly read about people asking or sharing it on big sites like TheUnnamedBay and KickArse.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

djscavenger

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2014/12/05 :  19:34:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscavenger's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by danielseven:
quote:

Have you considered the "piracy" factor, that don't even stops even when regards an album released for charity reasons?

Piracy is a problem in all music genres, it shouldn't be a barrier to new music being released. At least Hardcore doent have the problem of streaming music on the likes of spotify where artists see very little in terms of royalties.

Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2014/12/08 :  16:46:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by danielseven:

It is a shame daniel that album got put up on a site for downloading esspecialy when it was for a good cause. Unfortunatly some people dont care about anything. :-e

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/01/01 :  18:38:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
Um ok saw this on beatport today and went through all the previews. Firstly i wouldn't expect many on here to be overly kind to this project and to be honest i was praying that there would be something good in there. I don't slag things off for the sake of it, i usually have a point to make and i desperately wanted to be positive on this one, yet armed with all the optimism in the world, i think they have given up all pretenses of any of it being hardcore. The minority is heavy dubcore ie lots of dubstep/electro elements and the only thing being hardcore would be the speed of the kick drum. I mean it's a real minority that is dubcore, the rest, well quite frankly i don't know what it is. Somewhere between drum n bass, dubstep and the sound a sphincter muscle after a bad curry.

I'm astounded to be honest because i had hoped this crap was dead but i've been proven wrong (the recent breeze ep had really given me hope).

On a side note scott brown released the bleep song which really puts the year into perspective in regard of what stuff is going around.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/01/01 :  19:16:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
I don't slag things off for the sake of it

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.75 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page