Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 What's on your drive?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/02/04 :  18:04:27  Show profile Send a private message
I bought a new motor in November, and while it was turn-key-and-drive, I've had to get my hands dirty to keep it running properly.

This week in particular I've had to have it serviced with new spark plugs after a break down at the weekend and this weekend I'll be replacing pipework and cleaning the IACV. I love it doing it, but at the same time, I could certainly live without the hassle.

She's a Ford Cougar 2.5 V6 Manual. Lovely to drive, power where it's needed and pleasingly rare (I've had this 3 months and I've only seen 2 others). I also adore how it looks. The downsides are that it's American-made (dreadful turning circle!), mpg is a little depressing (but petrol has plummeted) and she's low, so it looks like everyone has full-beams on lol

So I figured since I don't post here enough I'd ask what everyone else is driving? Get some friendly chat going

Alert moderator
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/02/04 :  18:19:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Here's my ride:

And on some days it's this:

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - latininxtc on 2015/02/04 18:21:01
whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2015/02/04 :  19:36:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
My ride, I am the motor:

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2015/02/04 :  19:47:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage

I use the District Line, the Circle Line, the Central Line and the Hammersmith & City Line. And the C2C rail service.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/02/04 :  22:10:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

I use the District Line, the Circle Line, the Central Line and the Hammersmith & City Line. And the C2C rail service.

I could never live in a city with public transportation that crowded. Toronto, Madrid and Barcelona subways weren't too bad.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/02/04 :  23:27:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:

I could never live in a city with public transportation that crowded. Toronto, Madrid and Barcelona subways weren't too bad.

It's only like that at rush hour. Pretty normal otherwise from what I've experianced. So as a visitor not a problem.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2015/02/04 23:28:15
Maggers

United States
57 posts
Posted - 2015/02/05 :  04:27:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Maggers's homepage
Depending on the station, it can be like that more often than rush hour. I definitely couldn't survive living in London but I'm ok visiting for now!

My ride is a mazda 3, but I lack pictures of it and I'm not braving the cold & snow to take one!

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2015/02/05 :  06:49:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:

I live just outside of The City, but point taken.

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2015/02/05 :  13:41:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
Ah nice, definitely don't see many of them over here. Friend of mine had one which he has modded quite heavily and he loved it to bits.

This is my motor:

Only the 1.4 but it's fine for my needs. Only a 10 min drive to work and I don't do a lot of driving outside of that. Get a good 45-50mpg so it's cheap enough to run too.

Replaced the front and back speakers with some JL Audio ones and fitted a sub and amp. Can't stand crappy standard car speakers!

Edited by - Audio Warfare on 2015/02/05 13:42:36
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/02/05 :  17:44:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Here's my ride

.. oh wait, it was stolen a couple of years ago :(

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Alexbturbo

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2015/02/05 :  18:09:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alexbturbo's homepage
A bit of classic French in the shape of a Peugeot 205 GTI (1.9 engine with optional dealer fitted PeugeotSport bodykit & Morette headlights from the early '90's).

110k and still going strong :)

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/02/05 :  21:26:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Alexbturbo:
A bit of classic French in the shape of a Peugeot 205 GTI (1.9 engine with optional dealer fitted PeugeotSport bodykit & Morette headlights from the early '90's).

110k and still going strong :)

I'm liking that a lot! You must've kept that in great shape. A keeper?

quote:
Originally posted by Audio Warfare:
Ah nice, definitely don't see many of them over here. Friend of mine had one which he has modded quite heavily and he loved it to bits.

Only the 1.4 but it's fine for my needs. Only a 10 min drive to work and I don't do a lot of driving outside of that. Get a good 45-50mpg so it's cheap enough to run too.

Replaced the front and back speakers with some JL Audio ones and fitted a sub and amp. Can't stand crappy standard car speakers!

Bloody massive mpg's mate! I'm only 6 miles away from work, which is why I got something a little outlandish. I've wanted one since I saw a silver one during my first year at uni. Funnily enough, this car's history puts it in Portsmouth when I was at uni. Could be the same one? Surely not xD

My brother has an older model Ibiza. That's a few years old now, but still a very nice car. SEAT have done some pretty special things over the years with their range.

Alexbturbo

United Kingdom
113 posts
Posted - 2015/02/06 :  17:48:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Alexbturbo's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:I'm liking that a lot! You must've kept that in great shape. A keeper?

I've had it since late '08 and only the second owner. The first owner was the dealer principal of a Peugeot dealer in Gloucester so it was thankfully well looked after by him before I ended up buying it.

Paintwork is starting to age a bit now but still no rust and engine is spot on.

Definitely a keeper :)

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/02/06 :  23:03:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage

My 2012 Seat Leon... It's my second Leon and I've had it about 4 months, I would recommend Seats to anyone. This one is the last model before the newer shape came out and as such they chucked all the extra kit on so it has a lovely touch screen stereo and all that. It's a 1.8 diesel and I absolutely love it to bits <3

Edited by - arpz on 2015/02/06 23:06:32
The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2015/02/07 :  07:52:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
The London underground is great for tourists as its really easy to use and it's not usually that busy. At rush hour it can be chaos though. I spend a lot of time down there for work and have been on some ridiculously overcrowded tubes, don't use it if you're claustrophobic!

My worst experience was actually on hogmany just gone, on my way to TWR Southampton for a rave. I had a crate of Stella with me as well as a bag with all my stuff in it - we had to get the tube from kings cross to Waterloo and they were on a reduced service. Was getting thrown about like a rag doll as I had no hands free to grab anything and the tube was heaving. Not a nice experience!

I've got a 2014 Ford Focus, great car to drive. Only a 1 litre but feels so much more powerful.

Edited by - The drunken scotsman on 2015/02/07 07:54:08
stompaholic
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 posts
Posted - 2015/03/09 :  11:16:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit stompaholic's homepage
[URL=http://s215.photobucket.com/user/stompinsarah/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-11/B41CE121-CA83-476C-811E-E831FA7BDA00_zpsy06ygzj5.jpg.html][/URL]

This is my baby :)

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page