Total online 1742
 Radio listeners 153+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HH.com Production Comp - Voting Stage f/c...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/17 :  18:17:55  Show profile Send a private message

Thats it! Deadline reached & the submissions stage comes to an end. Massive thanks to everyone who took time to support the comp & to get involved. Its one thing remixing a track, but its another thing completely to build a track using nothing but vocals so I appreciate the effort.

As expected with such a variety of ideas, the voting stage will be great fun :)

Please give me a few days to prepare everything. My broadband has been down for over a week now (the joys of living in the Devon sticks). However I'm off to visit family in Glasgow for a week on Saturday & will launch the voting stage from there :)

It's time for Stage 2 of this years HH.com production competition! In stage 1 we asked you guys to write & submit lyrics which would then go on to create the vocals for the production stage of the comp.

I enlisted the help of Allison & Bridson in creating the vocals & after letting them anonymously read through the huge number of lyric submissions (from all 4 of you!), they both agreed that the lyrics my brother submitted were the best. If he's lucky I'll buy him a pint when i'm next in Glasgow.

With lyrics decided & the vocals created the comp can really begin! This is clearly the stage the vast majority of you have been eagerly awaiting!

So here's how it'll work:

- Simply download the vocal stems & use as much or as little of them as you see fit. No rules on styles, just be creative! (Hardcore, Breaks etc, etc will all be accepted) but ensure all ideas are completely original.

Please do not share full tracks, previews or WIP until the winner has been announced. Once the comp is over feel free to push your track wherever you like :)

- Track Submission deadline is 31st March.

- The winning track will be decided by you guys through a round of voting once the submissions deadline has been reached. The tracks will be anonymous throughout voting & producers will be revealed once the winner has been decided. Tracks can remain anonymous & that option will be given before before hand.

- The winning track will go on to receive full professional mastering & possibly re-worked vocals to better suit (if needs be), but the point of the comp is to show what you can do with the vocals provided :)

Send your submission as a mastered 320kbs MP3, but please bare in mind I will need an unmastered WAV version for mastering the winning track. So back up those project files! or export an unmastered WAV version right away & keep hold of it, leaving the master channel free of compression with plenty of room on the master level.

Don't worry if mastering isn't your strong point as the winning track will be mastered for you, but try to master your submission to the best of your ability. Send all submissions to me either through site PM or to [email protected]

- Create your own track title! Call it whatever you feel suits your track. Name all files as '*YOUR NAME* feat Allison - *TRACK TITLE*'

*PRIZES!*

Myself & the guys at Hardcore Underground & Scarred Digital have kindly donated some prizes to the comp. The winner will receive:

- A signed Fracus & Darwin 'Filth & Dumb Hatred' Canvas.
- A signed Fracus & Darwin 'Filth & Dumb Hatred' CD Album.
- A choice of any 2 CD albums from the HU Store.
- A choice of 3 Scarred Digital MP3/WAV Tracks from their back catalogue.
- Professional track and vocal Mastering.
- Track featuring exclusively on the next free members album 'The Past. The Present. The Future 2015'.

I'm really looking forward to hearing what you guys come up with, & with supplying nothing but vocals this should prove to be a real varied competition!

I have to say a huge thank you to the few who had a go at the lyric stage, those who continue to support my adventurous projects, & to Allison & Bridson for helping create the finished vocals you hear now. I'd also like to thank the guys at HU & Scarred Digital for their continued support in everything I do.

Have fun & good luck everyone!

Download the Vocal Stems here (Key F): http://www.dj-triquatra.com/fs/HH.com%20Comp%20Allison%20Vocals.rar

Alert moderator

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2015/04/01 14:33:26
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/02/17 :  20:42:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Good god, those are some brilliant prizes - big thank you for putting this together Mr Masters! and what an absolute bunch of legends, those who have donated prizes!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/17 :  20:52:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Good god, those are some brilliant prizes - big thank you for putting this together Mr Masters! and what an absolute bunch of legends, those who have donated prizes!

No problem man :) 'tis quite a haul !

versia
Average Member

Australia
180 posts
Posted - 2015/02/17 :  23:35:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit versia's homepage
Those vocals are really nice, but is the lyric "storm of the song" or "stomp of the song"?

Maggers

United States
57 posts
Posted - 2015/02/18 :  00:35:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Maggers's homepage
Any chance of getting the harmonies separated? I'm not sure if I'll use that bit, but would prefer to give each note it's own channel/mix. Awesome job putting this together - those are some excellent prizes, and a lot of things to work with in the vocal.

AllisonM

United Kingdom
58 posts
Posted - 2015/02/18 :  01:34:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AllisonM's homepage
tbh bridson in jail till 19th march if anyone can process original vocal without it harmonised *but you have to be able to process a 155bpm vocal to drop, standard and timestrech it to 170* can have raw vocal xx

AllisonM

United Kingdom
58 posts
Posted - 2015/02/18 :  01:39:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AllisonM's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by versia:
Those vocals are really nice, but is the lyric "storm of the song" or "stomp of the song"?

storm maybe my glaswegian accent :P xx

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/18 :  05:33:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Like Allison said, Bridsons been having trouble elsewhere which I wont go into. I had put it to him about supplying both harmonized & ordinary vocals, as well as a last couple of last edits, but clearly its not an option for him at the minute.

If anyone else thinks they can help out then by all means let us know, otherwise we cant make any edits to that final harmony just yet.

Edited by - Ken Masters on 2015/02/18 07:22:59
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/02/18 :  07:40:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:
Like Allison said, Bridsons been having trouble elsewhere which I wont go into. I had put it to him about supplying both harmonized & ordinary vocals, as well as a last couple of last edits, but clearly its not an option for him at the minute.

If anyone else thinks they can help out then by all means let us know, otherwise we cant make any edits to that final harmony just yet.

Nobody is going to be able to separate the harmonies and the original vocal without ruining the integrity of the original recording.

However if you need them reprocessed i can probably do that. Can't say if it'll be better or worse but i CAN do it.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/18 :  08:24:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Masters:

Nobody is going to be able to separate the harmonies and the original vocal without ruining the integrity of the original recording.

However if you need them reprocessed i can probably do that. Can't say if it'll be better or worse but i CAN do it.

Sorry mate, I didn't mean separate the harmonies, but more revisit the unprocessed vocals & offer a processed version of that final section without the harmonies.

If people think it'll be of benefit to their tracks & you think you could help with that, that would be great :) I did think it'd be beneficial to give people the option of harmonising that section themselves, but once I put that to Bridson it was a bit late for that.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/18 :  08:28:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
Please bare in mind guys, the winning track can go on to have vocals tweeked slightly to better suit the track. However for the sake of the comp its all about showing what you can do with the vocals provided.

If we can arrange to offer that final section without harmonies we'll definitely make them available but for now please get stuck in as is :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/18 :  08:35:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Maggers:
Those are some excellent prizes, and a lot of things to work with in the vocal.

Thanks man, these type of vocals will suit a wide variety of ideas which is ideal for the competition. We're not breaking boundaries by any means but it allows beginners to get some ideas down while giving the more experienced producers the option to really make something of them :)

AceofSpades_Lorenzo
Average Member

United States
241 posts
Posted - 2015/02/18 :  10:51:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AceofSpades_Lorenzo's homepage
Really glad it got delayed haha. I'm putting together my new studio PC next week, I just got a new interface, & I'll hopefully have my new monitors within 3 weeks. Good project to break it all in :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/02/18 :  11:40:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by AceofSpades_Lorenzo:
Really glad it got delayed haha. I'm putting together my new studio PC next week, I just got a new interface, & I'll hopefully have my new monitors within 3 weeks. Good project to break it all in :)

Ah you see, I sensed this! Shhh dont tell anyone, but I was secretly waiting for you ;)

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/02/18 :  11:58:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
I don't know if I will be able to partake this year, we're "on the brink" of a house move and i'm working on a "when the last bird flies" remix (more than one song might just overload me at the moment, haha). Good luck to everyone who does enter! :)

Edited by - Triquatra on 2015/02/18 11:58:43
Mansy

United Kingdom
413 posts
Posted - 2015/02/18 :  19:02:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mansy's homepage
This looks good! Might have a go at this if i can get a decent melody together. Good luck to everyone who enters.

Lara B/Galaxia
www.soundcloud.com/dimples-80

Producer of hardcore, house, trance and hardstyle [2005-2023]

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page