Total online 1692
 Radio listeners 177+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 HH.com Production Comp - Voting Stage f/c...
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 7

Author Thread  
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/05 :  20:39:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Just under 4 weeks left people, hopefully the ideas are flowing! :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2015/03/05 :  22:44:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage  Reply with quote
Would it be possible for someone to please just post the raw vocal file, with no harmonizing or processing? Please?

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/03/06 :  00:20:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
Only Ken can do that. Does it matter though? Every one is using the same sample so it doesn't really matter since the challenge is to work with what you've got. That's how i see it anyway.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2015/03/06 00:22:42
Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/06 :  02:13:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Would it be possible for someone to please just post the raw vocal file, with no harmonizing or processing? Please?

Unfortunately at this stage it wont be possible. Although please bare in mind, we can revisit the vocals when prep'ing the winning track for mastering. This will ensure the track reaches its full potential, but for the sake of keeping everyone on a level playing field, show your best work with the vocals provided :)

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/03/06 :  22:27:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
I was initially uninspired. Not for any specific reason though. Although I've came up with something now that works well for me so I will be entering for sure. Even if i have to submit something scrappy.

Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/03/07 :  04:54:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
Havent thought of anything good for this yet as most of my effort is going towards another project (as you know, Ken) but i'll revisit it later.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/07 :  08:21:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard2Get:
I was initially uninspired. Not for any specific reason though. Although I've came up with something now that works well for me so I will be entering for sure. Even if i have to submit something scrappy.

Look forward to hearing it, I dont think I've ever heard anything of yours before man.

Its worth mentioning again that the voting stage will be completely anonymous. Once the voting stage is complete, if anyone would like to remain anonymous thats completely up to them. I'll give you all that option before revealing the winner & then who made each track.

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/07 :  08:22:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy_Influx:
Havent thought of anything good for this yet as most of my effort is going towards another project (as you know, Ken) but i'll revisit it later.

All good Andy, hope its coming together well mate & you can get some time to enter afterwards :)

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/07 :  09:13:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
Keep chipping away people & try & have something completed by deadline. I know how easy it is to start on something then get side tracked & play around with something else (I'm a nightmare for this!) but the more submissions we can get, the more varied the voting stage will be :)

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/03/07 :  09:43:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Issue I'm having is my laptop being old and full of coffee and lager, and FL Studio sounding like its going though some glitch software on stretch mode.
I do have something knocked up to enter (no, not the Mrs), it's just pissing frustrating trying to do any work on the track where any minor adjustment takes about ten seconds to process.
I'm hoping to have a new laptop last week, but two kids birthdays a week apart have shagged that plan up - if I can get a new one enough time before deadline I'm laughing!

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/07 :  11:06:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
Issue I'm having is my laptop being old and full of coffee and lager, and FL Studio sounding like its going though some glitch software on stretch mode.
I do have something knocked up to enter (no, not the Mrs), it's just pissing frustrating trying to do any work on the track where any minor adjustment takes about ten seconds to process.
I'm hoping to have a new laptop last week, but two kids birthdays a week apart have shagged that plan up - if I can get a new one enough time before deadline I'm laughing!

Sounds like that laptops seen some good times! Hope you get something sorted dude.

It probably goes without saying, but bounce as many of your tracks down & import as audio. Try & run as little as possible & hopefully you wont have to resort to introducing it to a brick wall.

AllisonM

United Kingdom
58 posts
Posted - 2015/03/07 :  13:34:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AllisonM's homepage  Reply with quote
is it just clips for deadline then ken yeah? xx

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/07 :  15:02:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by AllisonM:
is it just clips for deadline then ken yeah? xx

Full tracks :) then each track will be posted in full for the voting stage. They'll remain anonymous so no-one knows which track belongs to which producer, fairest way :)

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  16:09:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
Can we submit more then one entry? Apologies if this has already been covered and I've missed it, but suppose I have two completely separate tracks, can I enter both?

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Ken Masters
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,447 posts
Posted - 2015/03/08 :  17:22:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ken Masters's homepage  Reply with quote
I dont see that being a problem to be honest. It was ok in last years comp ( although no-one took advantage of it) but I should have mentioned it when launching this years.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 7 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page