Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Who is the Current king of Powerstomp?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2015/03/12 :  19:36:44  Show profile Send a private message
In my Opinion, I think M-Project is killing it! But some of joey riots stuff is slammin as well.
Who is it for you?

Alert moderator
wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/03/12 :  19:48:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
it got boring pretty quick in my opinion

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/03/12 :  19:56:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I have to agree with wong. I havent listened to any samples from This is Powerstomp 2 yet, but the first album was crappy.
But I can listen to Kurt's remix of Scott Brown's Like An Angel on an infinite loop :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/03/12 :  20:18:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
But I can listen to Kurt's remix of Scott Brown's Like An Angel on an infinite loop :P

I second that. There isn't anyone I ever liked or considered good at powerstomp, but this one tune stuck with me.

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/03/12 :  20:28:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Joey, simply because there is no one doing more for a sound and movement.

*love* the Japan hookup with M-Project.

Best of all, LT is broader than any one style. I find working with LT invigorating.

We have plans. Plans!

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2015/03/12 20:29:14
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/03/12 :  23:00:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

We have plans. Plans!

CDJay

That's sad to hear as I am sick of the trend. I don't mind powerstomp but a whole album of it is just too much. I enjoy variety, which is why I found Hardcore Innovators to be an amazing album. The first powrstomp album just saw a CD rip and that's it I didn't even bother to put it on my phone to listen to it during my commutes.

But I'll say Joey Riot since he's the most to blame for this trend.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/03/12 :  23:38:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
The first album was pretty one dimensional but the sound is evolving nicely. Haven't got the second yet but I will.

Got to be Joey for the sheer output both alone and collabs

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/03/13 :  04:27:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:

Best of all, LT is broader than any one style. I find working with LT invigorating.

We have plans. Plans!

CDJay

Will you release a Gabber album for him aswell? :)

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/03/13 :  04:59:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage
I have to say i like Clownys stuff. From what i know he already had a style that sounds somewhat close to german hands-up and the powerstomp sound fits nicely with that.
But he'll most likely not beat Joey as he is the father of powerstomp and hasn't yet completely gone to just rehashing older stuff with the powerstomp sound like Kurt does.

M-Project does great stuff and i like the makina influence that's still there. Good to see someone pushing in a different direction.

Comrade_

United States
46 posts
Posted - 2015/03/13 :  06:17:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Comrade_'s homepage
Dunno why, Power stomp just doesn't do it for me. If i had to give my favorite power stomp producer it would probably be Kurt.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/03/13 :  10:09:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:
I have to say i like Clownys stuff. From what i know he already had a style that sounds somewhat close to german hands-up and the powerstomp sound fits nicely with that.
But he'll most likely not beat Joey as he is the father of powerstomp and hasn't yet completely gone to just rehashing older stuff with the powerstomp sound like Kurt does.

M-Project does great stuff and i like the makina influence that's still there. Good to see someone pushing in a different direction.

DJ Kurt is the father of Powerstomp. He made stuff that was called "Powerbounce" since around 2007-08, with Powerstomp is basicly a mixture of that and Joey's production

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/03/13 :  12:19:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
quote:
quote:

We have plans. Plans!

CDJay

Will you release a Gabber album for him aswell? :)

joeys gabber tracks are bollox, powerbounce and stomp would be most of anime`s style

Edited by - Guest on 2015/03/13 12:21:01
DJ Reevzy

United Kingdom
128 posts
Posted - 2015/03/13 :  12:56:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Reevzy's homepage
Has to be Kurt although I find lots of powerstomp becomes very boring very quickly. TBF I think it's given hardcore a massive boost so u gota give it some credit. IMO the 2nd LT powerstomp album is much better than the 1st.

Wasn't Sy doing bouncy, powerstomp esque stuff in the mid-late noughties?? We need his production skills back in the scene!

Gazcore
Starting Member

United Kingdom
12 posts
Posted - 2015/03/13 :  14:21:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazcore's homepage
Joey Riot is the king for me, I always look at how many tracks he's on as I know I'm likely to enjoy them more than tracks without him, depends on who's he's collabing with I guess. Tracks like Who the hell are you, say my name, it's you, number 1, I turn to you etc. are my faves.

Kurt is second. Loving the 666 daze type songs but not so much other styles.

No sweat (Oooosh!) & M projects albums were good.

Some of the other Lethal theory artists just aren't as good as those above.

As for the powerstomp albums I can't decide which is the best. Vol 1 has some real gems like Hysteria, **** with beatz and some mentioned above but Vol 2 has more quality song for song.

Powerstomp is fantastic IMO and I want more!!!

ViolonC
Average Member

Germany
243 posts
ViolonC has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/03/13 :  16:11:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ViolonC's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ViolonC:

DJ Kurt is the father of Powerstomp. He made stuff that was called "Powerbounce" since around 2007-08, with Powerstomp is basicly a mixture of that and Joey's production

I'll stand corrected then.

AllisonM

United Kingdom
58 posts
Posted - 2015/03/13 :  16:52:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AllisonM's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Gazcore:

As for the powerstomp albums I can't decide which is the best. Vol 1 has some real gems like Hysteria,

:) actually got asked to sing that night before it got made, track i covered it from think the girl was russian was hard to sing along to, was a nightmare sang 4 min vox think about 30 secs got used for the track in the end up lol xx

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page