Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardstyle more Hardcore than UK Hardcore
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2015/04/25 :  09:50:20  Show profile Send a private message
Is it just me or is Hardstyle more like Hardcore than what most of the UK Hardcore producers are doing these days?

You listen to producers like WILDSTYLEZ, WASTED PENGUINZ and BRENNAN HEART. They have made Hardstyle faster harder with real Hardcore Kicks and keeping it euphoric and vocally at the same time.

Take a listen to Brennan Heart and you will see where I am comming from.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Alert moderator

Edited by - rafferty on 2015/04/25 22:59:34
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/04/25 :  12:18:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
I think I said exactly the same thing on here a couple of years ago. Hardstyle has been excellent for a long time. To me, a lot of it is slowed down UK hardcore with a distorted kick.

One of my favourite EDM tracks of the decade so far. Huge!

While I'm on the subject of distorted kicks:

Also huge. And more like UK hardcore than most UK hardcore these days.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - Elliott on 2015/04/25 12:29:02
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/04/25 :  20:42:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
triax kicks are terrible

hardcore is like

in todays world

buy tunes at hardtunes and nowhere else who know nothing about anything

without all that, there would just be masters of hardcore and thunderdome playing bags of shit like 10 years ago

its kind of rare triax etc will play at a big event, with toned down industrial

Edited by - Guest on 2015/04/25 20:50:14
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/04/25 :  21:20:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
so without going to all of the big events and actually caring about it all.. industrial etc only has a main place at dominator, ground zero and project hardcore

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/04/25 :  21:30:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
The more I hear hardstyle, the more I really like the leads, melodies... it's too bad I'm not a fan of hard kicks.

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/04/25 :  21:38:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage

you can listen to it all you want with q-dance radio https://www.youtube.com/user/Qdancedotnl

kutski normally hosts the defqon live show http://www.q-dance.com/global/en/

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2015/04/25 :  22:48:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
Like I said in another post, I think UK Hardcore has gotten too much influence from Hard Dance with their kicks. You just have to look how far ahead the Hardstyle scene is in popularity and production of their tracks compared to Hard Dance and it is pretty obvious UK Hardcore is looking at wrong genre for inspiration.

Hard Dance is a genre going nowhere and run out of ideas while Hardstyle has seemed to have taken alot of influence from the orginal roots of real Hardcore with distorted kicks and uplifing melodies.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2015/04/25 22:57:34
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/04/26 :  00:52:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
I like hard kicks, I just, for some reason, don't like hardstyle ones - I don't know if it's just tracks I have heard, and I enjoy gabber, I just can't see myself enjoying more then a couple of hardcore tunes in a row with hardstyle kicks.
If they had happy hardcore kicks and an off bass perhaps, but that might be just me.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Jay-MD
Starting Member

Spain
14 posts
Posted - 2015/04/26 :  10:38:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jay-MD's homepage
I dont think hardstyle nowadays is innovative. I would say the contrary, all tracks are kind of the same as since around 2010. I agree Hard dance is not the best reference cos they became some kind of punchy pop style with no fresh ideas. But hardstyle now is just a mix of a hardcorized kick an offbeat melody and a piano breakdown. Ah and I'm missing the guy voice in the middle haha. just an opinion of an ex-hardstyler ;)

quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Like I said in another post, I think UK Hardcore has gotten too much influence from Hard Dance with their kicks. You just have to look how far ahead the Hardstyle scene is in popularity and production of their tracks compared to Hard Dance and it is pretty obvious UK Hardcore is looking at wrong genre for inspiration.

Hard Dance is a genre going nowhere and run out of ideas while Hardstyle has seemed to have taken alot of influence from the orginal roots of real Hardcore with distorted kicks and uplifing melodies.

Jay-MD
Starting Member

Spain
14 posts
Posted - 2015/04/26 :  10:46:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jay-MD's homepage
By the way, there was a time when hardstyle didn't have that distorted kick and sounded much like slowed down hardcore, it's basically when i liked it
really experimental stuff those days (2000-2004)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGNv1NUptpY

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/04/26 :  15:20:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
That bass modulators track sounds very japanese.
but I still dont see how hardstyle is more hardcore than uk hardcore? uk hardcore was never set to take over the dutch stuff. and I thought we all agreed on our other threads that brittish people prefer the jungle/d'n'b' stuff more.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/04/26 :  20:37:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
the british prefer proper hardcore, because all other scenes are dead, except uk hardcore events always get out they`re clarkee and producer and start playing aload of bollox nobody has ever cared about, same with 1fm, as soon as anyone mentions gabba init, you can do 100 events nationwide at ghetto nights with all scenes in, then the bandwagon hops on board and kills it

everyone not sitting around with nothing todo hear proper hardcore at an event blings it, and how it rolls when people lurked for the past few years of life

Edited by - Guest on 2015/04/26 20:59:10
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,511 posts
Posted - 2015/04/26 :  21:15:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Guest's homepage
you dont have to be left out, you can make more of these https://youtu.be/G5nX37TVDjU?t=29m21s

Edited by - Guest on 2015/04/26 21:16:39
rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2015/04/27 :  10:00:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Jay-MD:
By the way, there was a time when hardstyle didn't have that distorted kick and sounded much like slowed down hardcore, it's basically when i liked it
really experimental stuff those days (2000-2004)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGNv1NUptpY

We must have opposite tastes lol...

As the 2000-2004 period of Hardstyle is when I despised it. Is only when it got faster and the kicks went proper Dutch Hardcore sounding is when I really got into Hardstyle. Hardstyle post 2012 to me is when it got good:)

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/04/27 :  11:11:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
That bass modulators track sounds very japanese.
but I still dont see how hardstyle is more hardcore than uk hardcore? uk hardcore was never set to take over the dutch stuff. and I thought we all agreed on our other threads that brittish people prefer the jungle/d'n'b' stuff more.

I swear you weeaboos hear whatever you want to hear, man. It sounds like a ton of other hardstyle produced by white guys to me.

What we mean is that the huge supersaw leads and uplifting melodies of modern hardstyle sound more like what we expect/want from UK hardcore than current UK hardcore does.

In short: UK hardcore was good. It's shit now. Hardstyle is good because it sounds like UK hardcore when it was also good.

Edited by - Elliott on 2015/04/27 11:17:14
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/04/27 :  11:25:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Advather:
The more I hear hardstyle, the more I really like the leads, melodies... it's too bad I'm not a fan of hard kicks.

I'm all about those supersaw leads and euphoric melodies. I'd rather hear them at 170bpm with a UK hardcore kick/bass but if distorted kicks at 140bpm is all I can get, I'll take it.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.2 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page