Page: 
of 8

Author Thread  
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/10/06 :  17:41:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
THE TIME SLUTS ARE UP!!!

Well not officially, but if you follow the event on SnapChat, which I don't because I find Snapchat pointless, they posted a pic of the time slots. And here it is:

6:00 Jason Bouse
7:00 No left turn
8:00 Ian K
9:00 The Doctor
10:00 M-Project
11:00 Weaver
12:00 Fracus and Darwin
1:00 Gammer
2:00 Luna-C

OldschoolTID
6:00 Sparrow
7:00 Jimni Cricket
8:00 Simon Apex vs. Lostboy
9:00 Hixxy
10:00 Brisk
11:00 Vinylgroover
12:00 Slipmatt
1:00 DUNE
2:00 Breeze and Dougal

Day 2

HC Arena
6:00 Mako
7:00 Kitsch vs. maromi
8:00 Sayian
9:00 nanobii
10:00 Dougal
11:00 Al Storm
12:00 Mark Breeze
1:00 Brisk vs. Scott Brown
2:00 Hixxy

Harder they come
6:00 Cormac
7:00 S&M
8:00 Cik
9:00 The Doctor
10:00 Skellism
11:00 Scott Brown
12:00 Chucky
1:00 Ohpidian
2:00 Partyraiser

I'm seeing some people are upset at Dune and Gammer overlapping. But definitely not me. I've seen Gammer so many times I'm fine missing out on his set, especially when I've never seen Dune and this is their first gig in the US.

no doubt. issue for me is splitting time between fracus & darwin / Slipmatt

though if i catch that pre party i wont necessarily have to worry about missing f & d set.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/10/10 :  07:38:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm so impressed by the amount of hype and excitement surrounding this event and a little tiny tiny bit jealous :)

Hope those of you that are at it are loving it!

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/10/10 :  07:44:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Very jealous. Looks like it going DOWN!

AoS_Lorenzo

United States
79 posts
Posted - 2015/10/11 :  16:12:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AoS_Lorenzo's homepage  Reply with quote
Next level stuff. Went nuts the whole F&D set; MC Enemy was brilliant(You can't say otherwise unless you were there). The vibe & energy was something else. I really feel bad for those who missed this event in general. I even make an appearance on the stage for the Blu Ray of F&D's set. If there is another one next year; IDC where you are in the world and what city it's in.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/11 :  18:44:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by AoS_Lorenzo:
Next level stuff. Went nuts the whole F&D set; MC Enemy was brilliant(You can't say otherwise unless you were there). The vibe & energy was something else. I really feel bad for those who missed this event in general. I even make an appearance on the stage for the Blu Ray of F&D's set. If there is another one next year; IDC where you are in the world and what city it's in.

can't really hold location against anybody for not making it. Tickets from the UK/Europe average about $1000, and those from Asia and Australia average more than that. It's certainly an investment. But also if it's in a city that gives visitors of options to do more things then there's that extra incentive to come over. I knew what I wanted to see and do while here that was not rave related, but I highly doubt most people know what is happening around the city. But yea would be sweet to see where it takes place next, perhaps NYC???

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2015/10/11 :  19:57:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage  Reply with quote
Would be amazing if they could make it in Vegas, I'd definitely make a huge effort for that. Probably quite unlikely though.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/10/12 :  04:05:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Would be amazing if they could make it in Vegas, I'd definitely make a huge effort for that. Probably quite unlikely though.

Oh, yuck. But nope I can see it being taken to Vegas. Hell they have EDC and this event in no way conflicts with that since they don't play much hardcore at EDC.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/10/12 :  07:13:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
MC Enemy was brilliant(You can't say otherwise unless you were there).

this doesn't surprise me, he's great

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/10/12 :  16:43:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
epiccccccc.
AL FKN STORM.

that was maybe my favorite set ever. i have been waiting so damn long for that.
great event; awesome vibes.
some stuff finally off my checklist :p
phoenix weather is just not ideal for raving. TOO HOT. damn good exercise though...
i don't smoke cigarettes either and trying to get fresh air outside just aint happening lol.
saw some old friends; met some awesome UK ravers ; & got to meet AOS which was really cool :). fun stuff dude! ( and those tracks are fkn solid)
no find CDJay; but i did get a pic with m project and storm though :p
m project did drop makina so i am very happy :D.
all in all ; OH YEAH

also; i had no idea M project was dj chucky.... wtf.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2015/10/12 :  19:03:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage  Reply with quote

Al Storm sets are very special. Both in terms of the music he plays and his demeanor behind the decks - just pure energy. He clearly absolutely loves what he does.

Always a pleasure.

AoS_Lorenzo

United States
79 posts
Posted - 2015/10/13 :  14:31:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AoS_Lorenzo's homepage  Reply with quote
https://www.facebook.com/lorenzo.aos/videos/1646541518945501/

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/10/13 :  20:57:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Al Storm appears to be extra popular on that side of the Atlantic.

So much praise online for his set.

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/10/18 :  01:00:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by wong:
quote:
MC Enemy was brilliant(You can't say otherwise unless you were there).

this doesn't surprise me, he's great

quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Al Storm appears to be extra popular on that side of the Atlantic.

So much praise online for his set.

Yea I think I was a bit surprised at how popular he was here considering how unappreciated he seems he is from UK ravers. But he has two things going for him as to why he was so popular here. One of them is that he hasn't been here in over a decade. He mentioned to me in Spain 3yrs ago that he previously tried to come here without a work VISA and denied entry, and banned from entering the US for a certain amount of time. He was glad he was allowed in this time around, even with proper documentation.

Also, he's an extremely social person, not just on social media. On social media like FB he's very interactive and replies to people in a timely fashion. In person, he's also very friendly and is welcome to talk to anybody. And he spent a lot of time walking around the whole area. Other DJs and MCs did the same, socialize with the ravers and walk around the area, but not as much as Al did. Also he spent a great deal of time here and socialized outside the rave with many locals. It actually blew me away how friendly he was when I first met him in Spain since a lot of his earlier pics on FB he looked like someone just pissed him off lol. And also, the man plays a lot of uplifting, sometimes cheesy tracks in his set, and the US ravers LOVE that stuff. I know they went crazy when he dropped Darwin's ToyTown remix. And as Jay has said he's so full of energy on stage you can't help but get into his sets just watching him alone.

AoS_Lorenzo

United States
79 posts
Posted - 2015/10/18 :  01:09:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit AoS_Lorenzo's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:

saw some old friends; met some awesome UK ravers ; & got to meet AOS which was really cool :).

You & your friends were the most happiest people to see me. It was awesome :D

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/10/18 :  03:12:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
Ok I know I'm late but fuck it here it is my review of the weekend!

First off I want to start off with, Darren who???

So many whiny cunts on the FB event page were crying about how there was absolutely no Darren leading up to the rave it was unbelievable. Even with a diverse lineup as that, they still wanted him there. Well hopefully they were proven wrong on how much he's actually needed that weekend. So many amazing diverse sets from so many talented DJs, and there was enough DS played in many DJs' sets that hopefully satisfied people's DS fix.

But yes it was an incredible weekend with all sorts of styles of hardcore both nights! I actually spent probably a bit too much time socializing with the UK gang than I should have and not enough time actually checking out some of the sets lol. I think I missed the majority of Vinylgroover's and Luna-C's sets. But I was also helping get DJs to sign the kickstarter project posters that are going out to everyone who paid that level so time not so wasted! I can't complain about missing anyone's set when I had Dune right in front of me and we had a nice brief chat!

But what I did manage to see and hear I loved. Of course I stuck around for the entire Fracus & Darwin set, which I absolutely loved as always! And while MC Enemy is not my favorite MC, he definitely DID NOT disappoint Friday night! He clearly prepared for the set, even lip synced along with the songs, which shows he made an effort to familiarize himself with the tracks in the set, unlike some trainwrecks on the Live At Rehab album. Obie and Mayhem also delivered great performances, as they always do. Whizzkid, he was around, didn't pay much attention to him. I think he was also there during Gammer's set, but that was one performance I wasn't going out of my way to listen to.

One of the most shocking things I heard at the rave was hard techno/shranz! I've never heard it played live anywhere, much less the US. So that totally blew my mind. Was even cooler seeing Nanobii dancing to it, as he's a fan of it and he also said he's rarely ever heard it outside of Sweden, and even in Sweden it's scarce to find. But it was so great seeing Dune, Weaver, The Doctor for the very first time. I was surprised The Doctor was playing UK hardcore, I thought he was more of a gabber hardcore DJ now.

As far as weather goes, yea PHX was hot, like almost 100 degrees both days, but it cools down to the 80s by sundown. And at least there was a nice breeze on the outside, and by the time the event started at 6PM the sun was almost completely down. The venue was actually pretty damn good, there was plenty of room for people around on the inside and outside. The one downfall about the outside area was that it was concrete parking and it was at a slant, so you didn't really get a good dancing floor. But it was so refreshing being outside compared to the inside, which felt like it had little to no A/C.

The major issue with the venue was the alcohol situation for the first night. Only ages 21+ were allowed in this small room to get alcohol, and you had to stay in this area until you finished your drink or dumped it. So there was a ridiculous line to get in the place, and then another insane line to get alcohol. At least they gave you some area to hang outside the room and see the stage. Perfect corner view! Sadly they took this away the 2nd night, but they made the alcohol section much bigger and in a more open area. They made the small room a VIP room, which was great to mingle and socialize with the DJs that were there. It's a shame though they never gave an alcohol section for those that wanted to drink and enjoy the outside venue. Also the venue was in a pretty shady area, surrounded by warehouses. If you drove here or rode a taxi or uber it's not that big of a deal, but I took the bus and got off 4 stops early so that was one of more more uncomfortable walks at night lol.

I think the biggest complaint for me during the 2-night event is how little new stuff I heard from the big names that played. Yes Darwin, Fracus and Al Storm definitely played a lot of new stuff, more-so Fracus and Darwin, but my god I was wondering if the main room was the Old Skool room for both nights sometimes. It makes me wonder whether these DJs are responsible for the US scenes being behind or stagnant on hearing new stuff or they just know they won't appreciate it as much. Not hating on hearing so many great hits from the 2000s, but I'd like to hear some new material as well!

The preparty was fun as hell, in an arcade/bar place in Tempe, a city east of PHX. Took me forever to get there, wished it was closer, but well worth the trip! They have a shit ton of video game systems new and old that you can play with, I think it's unlimited plays. Not enough room to dance there but still was a lot of fun!

Best time I had there was definitely outside of both events, having dinner and Uber-riding with the HU crew and others Saturday night! My god I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! I swear if you haven't already take a chance to hang out with them outside of a rave they are such great people!

So all in all, a great time and I almost think perhaps this should be the HTID USA Weekender's permanent home, unless they want to travel around and have it in a different city every year I'd be welcomed to that. BUT they can't downscale it from here on out, they either HAVE to keep it as a weekender now or make it into one fucking brilliant night, with multiple rooms and longer hours! Definitely hope to see the same group of people come back as well, especially the HU crew and Al Storm!

Oh and for those who get this, never forget!!!

Edited by - latininxtc on 2015/10/18 07:34:48

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.45 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page