Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 *New Mix Online* CAUSE & EFFECT - DJ Tronic
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJ Tronic

United States
84 posts
DJ Tronic is verified hardcore artist DJ Tronic has attended 7 events
Posted - 2003/03/13 :  09:28:10  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit DJ Tronic's homepage
Hey everyone, I finally got my new CD done, "Cause & Effect", and I figured I'd put it online in case anyone wanted to download it. It's about 60 minutes of pure hard energetic madness, spanning from Hard House to Hardcore! If you wanna check it out, here's a link to go download it, and I've also put down the tracklisting here in case anyone is interested in the tracks. Thanks again for all the support.. here's the link and info:

http://www.resistancerecordings.com/audio.html

CAUSE & EFFECT - DJ TRONIC

RUNNING TIME: 60:00

TRACKLISTING

*edit*

DJ Tronic
US Hard House/Hardcore
DJ/Producer/Remixer
Booking: [email protected]
http://www.liquidvinyldjs.com
http://www.resistancerecordings.com

Alert moderator

Edited by - strychnine on 2003/03/14 01:19:09
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/03/13 :  14:39:14  Show profile  Send a private message
i've seen enough *downloading*

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Xenochrome
Advanced Member

United States
2,645 posts
Xenochrome is a site donation subscriber Xenochrome has attended 5 events
Posted - 2003/03/13 :  16:10:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Xenochrome's homepage
Quality mix, man.

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2003/03/13 :  16:23:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
just downloaded it, giving it a listen now..

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2003/03/13 :  16:30:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage
that tetris song is the best, works well with the vocals from find day too. tops work thus far

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2003/03/13 :  19:59:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
Just had a listen to the portion that my 56k connection has struggled over the past 3hrs to download and I gotta say I likes a lot. Good fist-pumping music if ever I heard it.

DJ Tronic

United States
84 posts
Posted - 2003/03/13 :  20:47:37  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tronic's homepage
thanks for checkin the mix out! Hope you all enjoy.. and thanks for the support!

question: why was the topic edited? this makes absolutely NO sense.. and I'm gonna re-edit it to show the full track listing again.

DJ Tronic
US Hard House/Hardcore
DJ/Producer/Remixer

dj tronic // resistance recordings USA . liquidvinyldjs.com // san francisco, ca USA. // booking: [email protected]

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/14 :  01:07:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage

Strychnine as a Moderator:

DJ Tronic: I didn't edit your post, but I'll explain anyway (seeing as I'm the only moderator around ATM):

It is forum policy that whilst you may post links to unlicensed mixes, or mixes that contain unlicensed tracks, you may not post tracklists for them. The reason is more for your protection than anything else - we assume that you wouldn't want the copyright holders to the tracks seeing the tracklists and tracking you down for copyright infringement (yes, it can happen).

Further to this, while it seems that you are the copyright holder for some of the tracks on this mix, it is quite obvious that that isn't the case for all of them. I'd suggest that the moderator responsible for editing your post didn't want to take any chances and simply edited the whole thing out. It's exactly the same thing I'm going to do; if you wish, you may then edit in a partial tracklist excluding those tracks for which you do not hold copyright.

If we are incorrect and you have sought and acquired permission to use all of these tracks in your mix, please inform us of the fact and an apology will be headed your way.

Strychnine as Strychnine:

DJ Tronic: Just finished downloading your mix and had a listen to the full product - top stuff! Makes me remember why I liked Hard House so much, way back when.

DJ Tronic

United States
84 posts
Posted - 2003/03/14 :  07:03:25  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tronic's homepage
The mix isn't for sale, therefore isn't infringing on any copyrights. As a record label owner, I can see where you're coming from, but in actuality it's not being sold in anyway, so the tracklist should be able to stay. Odd I say, but not really worth the effort.

Seriously, if that were the case, why are all the mixes on the HappyHardcore.com radio show required to present a tracklisting and then that tracklisting is shown when the mix plays? That's the same thing, so you guys are technically violating your own rules. I know because I have submitted a couple mixes already, and I had to submit a detailed tracklisting each time.

I don't really care, just wondering why you're editing something that you guys always post on your radio show. Anyhow, thanks for the heads up. :)

andy
tronic

DJ Tronic
US Hard House/Hardcore
DJ/Producer/Remixer

dj tronic // resistance recordings USA . liquidvinyldjs.com // san francisco, ca USA. // booking: [email protected]

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/03/14 :  08:09:56  Show profile  Send a private message
i *think* i can explain that one. i used to have a live365 radio account as well and they have a royalties charge,therefore it's licensed

--------------------------------------------------
"Did you know that eleven plus two is an anagram of twelve plus one?"

DJ Mouse

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/14 :  14:22:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Tronic:
The mix isn't for sale, therefore isn't infringing on any copyrights.

Not true. It's not a matter of commission, but copyright, and unlicensed publication and/or redistribution of the work is in itself a copyright infringement, even if no money is involved.

quote:
As a record label owner, I can see where you're coming from, but in actuality it's not being sold in anyway, so the tracklist should be able to stay. Odd I say, but not really worth the effort.

Again, not true. It takes me about ten seconds to edit a post.

quote:
Seriously, if that were the case, why are all the mixes on the HappyHardcore.com radio show required to present a tracklisting and then that tracklisting is shown when the mix plays? That's the same thing, so you guys are technically violating your own rules. I know because I have submitted a couple mixes already, and I had to submit a detailed tracklisting each time.

I think Silver explained this one somewhere else, but my memory's a bit dodgy. I think the distinction is made between downloadable mixes and streaming audio, and analogised with the distinction between hard-copy replications (eg burnt CD's) and playing a song on radio. Also, I think that Silver has gotten permission to air the tracks on the radio in a promotional capacity (which perhaps explains the need for a full tracklisting).

At the end of the day, I'm speaking as one who enforces the rules as opposed to making them. I'm sure if you go directly to the site-admin he can give you a much more detailed and coherent explanation than the one I've just outlined.

It had to be done.

DJ Tronic

United States
84 posts
Posted - 2003/03/14 :  14:44:37  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Tronic's homepage
In all honesty, I was saying it wasn't worth the effort for me to argue this.. it doesn't really matter. I look at it as a way to pay respect to the producers who's tracks I use. Anyhow, I know you're just doin yer job, I'm not even the least bit upset, just a bit confused. Hope all is well and thanks for bangin the mix! :)

andy
tronic

DJ Tronic
US Hard House/Hardcore
DJ/Producer/Remixer

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/03/14 :  15:06:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ Tronic:
In all honesty, I was saying it wasn't worth the effort for me to argue this.

Ahh I see ... I guess I was just looking for an excuse to fit another quote into my reply. I haven't pulled a good multi-quote reply for a while now.

I miss Soren

It had to be done.

weba_d
Advanced Member

Australia
789 posts
weba_d has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/03/14 :  20:01:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit weba_d's homepage
^^Strychnine, that was nearly as emotional as our last court battle

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page