Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Entity - Material *Feedback thread*
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/08/26 :  13:51:57  Show profile Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
As per the title...

Do you have it? What do you think?

I'll be leaving a proper review later, but for now I'm just basking in all it's glorious fantasticness!

So much in fact, that I haven't even opened HU7 yet.

Alert moderator
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/08/26 :  17:25:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Fantastic, still haven't had a chance to listen to the entirety of it; but the variety so far is brilliant! :D

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/08/26 :  18:26:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Exactly!

Haven't even bothered with HU7 yet cos it's THAT good!

Every tune is quality but I can happily file Stargazer, Light of day, Something to say, Spice remix, End of Time under 'Jesus Christ that's special'!

Beats, breaks, ridiculous piano, it's all there.

And to think it might never have happened!

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/08/26 :  19:18:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
Loving it so far!

I *love* 'I know where I stand', I have done for ages... haven't got any further yet as I've only just got in but will post some more thoughts later :)

edit: perpetual rush! Yesss...wicked :)

Edited by - arpz on 2015/08/26 19:21:46
Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/08/26 :  19:50:09  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Exactly!

Haven't even bothered with HU7 yet cos it's THAT good!

Every tune is quality but I can happily file Stargazer, Light of day, Something to say, Spice remix, End of Time under 'Jesus Christ that's special'!

Beats, breaks, ridiculous piano, it's all there.

And to think it might never have happened!

Very glad to see that you're happy with it - nice one! HU7 is bloody amazing.

djscavenger

United Kingdom
119 posts
Posted - 2015/08/27 :  12:10:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djscavenger's homepage
'Small World' reminds me of the music from the original 'Wipeout' games on the Playstation. Light of Day is my favourite track, an outstanding fusion of styles. The album is great and needs to find it's way into my car so I can have a longer listen.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/08/29 :  20:48:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Haven't ordered it yet, but i will be ordering it tonight along with hu7! and obviously i know some of the tracks, and there quality! end of time and stargazer being 2 personal favs

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/09/03 :  10:29:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Right, here goes.

*Note* You might want to get yourselves a drink and something to eat cos i can see this taking a while!

I Became an instant fan of Entity's work as soon as i heard the amazing 'Fallout' on HU1 so pretty much looked out for everything that came after that. 117 years later and we finally get the album that so many of us have so eagerly awaited. But i suppose if a jobs worth doing....

Kicking off with the lovely, dreamy intro of Small world that instantly screams ENTITY!!! Through breaks, acid and that trademark rolling bass then from out of nowhere that simple (but very effective) riff. Lovely tune.

Fast forward has been around for a while and since i've been binge listening HU6 recently there were no great surprises for me, but i still love that section from around 2:30. Quality

I know where i stand goes back about 5 years so can't pretend not to be familiar with this one! Lots of lovely elements here. Great vocal, riffs, powerful driving beats. Brought brilliantly up to date while managing to sound both current but also like it could have been from anywhere between 2003 and now.

Something to say? Yes, plenty about this one! Instant memories of 'Live at Rehab' This really has got the lot hasn't it? Ridiculous piano, vocal snippets, old skool riffs, modern (but not massively disappointing) drops. Absolutely love it.

Stargazer 2014. Not many people would disagree that the original is easily one of the best modern Hardcore tunes ever and this update hits the spot on so many levels. Shivers! From the first listen on the HU show, to the Live experience at Rehab (and always hearing Reese in the breakdown) this remains a special tune. The fact i'm smiling as i type this says it all.

Light of day starts as a pretty useful sounding D&B style tune then just goes off into a frikking monster! For an old fart like me to hear THAT piano and instantly be transported back 20 years is a very good thing indeed. Breakbeat hardcore (or whatever you want to call it) at it's best.

Listen to us brings everything bang up to date with a very current sounding 4/4 track that everybody would be creaming their pants over if it was done by Styles or Gammer.

Perpetual rush is a massive example of the 'fun' sound that has been a big feature of so many HU releases. Beats - check! Breaks - check! Riffage - check! Breakdown - before grabbing you by the balls - CHECK!

21 days is another that's been around for a while, from HU5 and one of the free EP's. Loved it since i first heard it, still do. That driving freeform style that's sadly not around so much these days (Cue Thumpa with an album advert).

Alive is a gentle, breakbeat track with a vocal from Chwhynny. Not really my preferred style but done nicely.

CUBE::HARD REMIXED SPICE! One of my favourite Entity tracks remixed brilliantly.

End of time rounds off the unmixed tracks, and what a track to finish with. This just sums up Entity for me, one of those tunes that you recognise as somebodies work without it sounding like you've heard it before. Took me back to when i first heard 'Touch the stars' (easily one of my all time favourites). Jam packed full of different elements and sums up why he is, and always will be one of my favourite producers.

Oh, and there's a mix CD too! Not going to say much about it other than look at the tracklist! A fine body of work.

So glad this got a release, it's a brilliant album.

If i come across as a bit of an Entity fanboy, tough! I'm old (and pretty cynical) so anything that makes me spend almost an hour writing about it has to be worth it!

Audio Warfare
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,046 posts
Audio Warfare has attended 19 events
Posted - 2015/09/03 :  12:43:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio Warfare's homepage
Just had a quick flick so far but very much liked what I was hearing. Will give it more of a thorough listen soon.

Mad Max
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,017 posts

281 hardcore releases
Mad Max has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/09/03 :  20:45:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mad Max's homepage
A great variety. Another good HU release.

The Free of Form Show Every Thursday 7-9pm gmt

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/09/09 :  13:01:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Loving this album!! Full of breaks, piano, hardcore and melody; brilliantly refreshing.
Perpetual Rush is one of my favourites out of the unmixed CD but they are all stand out and hard to pick a favourite. Wonderful remix of Spice!

CD2 is awesome. Higher Functions is still such a blinder, one of those that will never age :)
Hard mix of Spice, again, an absolute monster. Footsteps has to be the standout breakbeat track for me.

Fantastic album, more than worth the price tag!

Entity
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,329 posts
Entity is verified hardcore artist Entity has donated money to the site Entity has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/09/09 :  22:27:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Entity's homepage
Really happy to see the album going down well. Dean, you must have spent ages on that write-up. Thanks for the comments!

I'm very happy with it, even if it did take "117 years".

Huge love.

Clive.

Craigavon raver
Advanced Member

Ireland
2,207 posts
Craigavon raver has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/10/03 :  20:12:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Craigavon raver's homepage
Yeah great album! and actually couldn't believe the original stargazer is a breakbeat track! when I first put it on I was thinking "this isn't right, not the stargazer I know" but I then checked and it was actually the shanty remix was the only ever version i'd heard apart from the 2014 mix! haha

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  06:56:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
I can't stop listening to the mix CD at the minute, one of those where it's so good you never skip a track.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/10/07 :  13:54:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
I'm flat out broke (literally in debt) but after all these glowing reviews, I'll have to see what I can do!

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/18 :  10:54:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
I've not read any of this, so I don't spoil the surprise, but just ordered this..... one of the reasons I forewent the vinyl release of Diversions, so I could buy this as well.

Although now I'll have to wait until Diversions is shipped to receive this.... muppet!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.86 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page