Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Hardcore's missed potential.
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  22:30:00  Show profile Send a private message
Monstercat is releasing Hardcore, and it's proving very very popular. They're tapping into a colossal fan base that Hardcore labels have been missing for years. I've said many times that it's not about being the biggest in the genre, it's about introducing new people to the scene. A commercial label dabbling into all sorts of genres have managed to make a niche genre popular amongst hundreds of thousands whilst Hardcore's labels are still squabbling over a considerably smaller pie.

Alert moderator
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  22:42:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  22:48:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
Tbf I did send Blow Out Pt 4 over to them earlier this year but never heard back. Even in a more open scene like d&b it's hard to get that first notice.

One of the reasons for doing the vinyl and blu ray is precisely to court wider industry. At least if we get a foot hold for a change it'll benefit the wider genre instead of our clique alone

CDJay

Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2015/10/04 :  23:19:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage
The sidechaining is too distracting, sounds too choppy when it drops, other than that it's a nice track.

My SOUNDCLOUD

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  01:26:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Quicksilver:
The sidechaining is too distracting, sounds too choppy when it drops, other than that it's a nice track.

I agree. I feel like I could actually like the song, but that sidechaining is absolutely awfully annoying.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2015/10/05 01:27:19
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  05:24:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
On that note, who the effin ell is Stonebank and why does it sound like Styles or Gammer?

And what's Monstercat? I've only seen it being referenced once before (by you aswell?) a while ago for releasing another hardcore track.

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  05:29:02  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
And what's Monstercat? I've only seen it being referenced once before (by you aswell?) a while ago for releasing another hardcore track.

Let me move that rock from top of you :)

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=monstercat

But in answer to the topic, essentially (speaking generally) EDM and techno music and not dirty words anymore. The US has fully embraced dance culture and it's generally fine to listen to whatever you like. The people that are stuck in a "I only like hardcore between 168 - 175 from these artists but only when they released it in 2006" kind of thinking are really limiting themselves :)

I have people that have no idea who the artist of the track is, or think every track is released from this website because it's "happy hardcore". They might also like house, rock and country... those types of "fans" number in the multiple hundreds of thousands worldwide.

DJ Ravine is a prime example, he plays all genres (uk hardcore included) and has 330,000 subscribes on youtube and 130,000 on facebook

Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  06:13:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
But in answer to the topic, essentially (speaking generally) EDM and techno music and not dirty words anymore. The US has fully embraced dance culture and it's generally fine to listen to whatever you like. The people that are stuck in a "I only like hardcore between 168 - 175 from these artists but only when they released it in 2006" kind of thinking are really limiting themselves :)

While that may be true (and I'm glad if it is), my experience is that most people don't care about anything that isn't top 40 / rap / the same recycled "oldies."

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  06:15:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
quote:
On that note, who the effin ell is Stonebank

Modulate

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  07:40:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:

Modulate

I thought he left hardcore? So he left hardcore to make... hardcore?

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  07:52:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
Modulate mainly makes other genres but still puts together the odd hardcore track.

I believe that Gammer has repeatedly tried to get signed to Monstercat and has had no luck.

That could be something worth persevering with CDJAY?

At the moment, Darren Styles and Gammer are the ones who are being heard by nee audiences. EDF etc. It would be fantastic to have something different out there to represent the wider scene.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  07:53:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
quote:

Modulate

I thought he left hardcore? So he left hardcore to make... hardcore?

What a fun turn of events then :P

silver, continuing on what advather said, most people in popular genre's seems to know alot more about their favorite tracks/artists than Hardcore listerners seem to do, if what you said is true

silver
Admin

Japan
12,547 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  12:03:07  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Nearly everyone on here is obviously into hardcore music, you all know the artists the labels and people.... but if you think more generally... there are people that just like "hardcore music", they dont know the artists (nor care too)... they don't post on here because they don't care too (or you all scare them away with your facts haha)...

What I trying to say is that there is a general public of people that like hardcore music yet know nothing about it... they listen to it in video games, online, youtube, they might follow a DJ or too but that is about it... counting these people there are many people listening to hardcore music.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  13:10:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
I guess that's one of the downside for being a DJ-oriented music style. people will only know the DJ, not the the actual producers of the track(s)

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  13:25:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:

I believe that Gammer has repeatedly tried to get signed to Monstercat and has had no luck.

lol that's funny.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2015/10/05 :  14:58:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
so there is a god? :P

I guess making "Monstercat" look like someone that is open for all genre's is a kick in olly's nads :P

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page