Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 how to be a MC ??
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
DJSHINE

United Kingdom
92 posts

25 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/04/13 :  11:43:25  Show profile Send a private message
i am woundering how to be a MC
When i hear them they talk really quick and if i try i don't even no wot to say
How do u do it
Any 1 help ???????????????/
DJ shine

Alert moderator
KinokoBoy

United States
465 posts
KinokoBoy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/04/13 :  13:04:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit KinokoBoy's homepage
Just repeat everything u say 2,3, or 4 times in a row like the MC's at HHC shows do all the time.

Bring Hardcore to Upstate New York!!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
MC KK
Starting Member

12 posts
Posted - 2003/04/13 :  18:13:16  Show profile  Send a private message
being an mc isnt just about rhyme/lyrics and chatting fast, an mc's job is to hype the croud and that can be done much better just through a few words, just be urself and enjoy urself whilst doing it, theres also freestyling and chatting lyrics you've already wrote, sit down and wrote some lyrics and then memorise them, then start onto freestyling, where you say things as they come to you at the time

little miss muffet
sat on her tuffet
chillin to the hardcore vibe,
its all she could manage
she played out some garage
and the poor little ****er died

its all she could manage
she played out some garage
and the poor little ****er died

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2003/04/13 :  21:55:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
you also have to say, and i quote, "massif" "inside" "come on" "are you ready" "whistle" "horn" "raise your hands" "respect" and your own name 15,000 times in and hour and a half

respect to the hardcore massif inside the rave tonight!!! are you ready, come on raise your hands, respect, wheres my whistle posse????

i can only stand a few mc's, if a dj can't hype a crowd with the records he's playing, then he is at the wrong party, most mc's i've heard crowd the songs and chant about being mashed up and high. or they just sound like bad dnb mc's. but thats just my opinion. but i do like mc storm, mc verbal, and mc wotsee

peace
dj ritalin

don't stand and stare, just kick your legs in the air

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Stevie c has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/04/14 :  01:33:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
Personally being and actor, who did Drama at Uni for 3 years, I created a character, cos the 'real' steve is 1)white, 2)not a cockney 3) far to nice 4) wears glasses and 5) has a brummie acccent;
So being MC Boy Trippa, is not like being Stevie C or like Rebellion (my other Dj name).
Importantly know when to be quiet, if its a good tune let it play don't talk over it. Never talk over vocals. Practices repeats like 'your into the sound, your into the sound the sound of Dj (insert name). Get a couple of rhymes together;but don't repeat to often. Only call for whistle and Horn crew, max every 30 minutes. Be original with large words like 'Welcome to the hardcore seminar' or 'Blitzkreig!!' don't shout or scream but be force full in style, freindly in personality. Be sparing with material, silence can be cool. Never respect a mate, its just rude!! Unless you are Lively playing for Vibes, in which case 'Respect to my little brother Paul Sheperton' I feel like I know him, I have heard it so often!!! However do respect crews from around the country and world. Always your Dj, he is the important one, not the M.C.,
MC's are not rappers, it is an honour to be up there with the dj, don't abuse your position. Good MCs are few and far between so make sure you are a good one.
Finally, confidence!!! Hype the crowd or show your intelligence in styles and free styling. If things go wrong then shut up quick!!

I am a Disciple of the
Piano Rush
Follower of the Light
The Elfish angel of Happiness
and your into my sound of Rebellion

KinokoBoy

United States
465 posts
Posted - 2003/04/14 :  06:54:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit KinokoBoy's homepage
I'm with Dj Ritalin, Mc's suck!!!

KinokoBoy

United States
465 posts
Posted - 2003/04/14 :  06:57:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit KinokoBoy's homepage
except for MC Gobstoppa.....he's good....

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2003/04/14 :  09:12:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage
Yeah,Gobstoppas good so was E-By-Gum he was a frickin class mc.

Im just a bassline addict
Im just a hardcore addict
Im just a dancefloor manic
Why o why cant you just accept it.

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/04/14 :  10:35:10  Show profile  Send a private message
'Yeah,Gobstoppas good so was E-By-Gum he was a frickin class mc.'

MC E-By-Gum! Listening to an old set with him in.. he was sooooo good, knows when to shut up as well :)

gobstoppa... hmmm I'm about 50/50 here, I like some of his stuff.. but I'd say he talks a little too much and does one or two things which make me turn down the volume . .

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2003/04/14 :  10:51:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Stevie c:
Importantly know when to be quiet, if its a good tune let it play don't talk over it. Never talk over vocals.

So true, i hate when the MC does that, its like he has no respect to the vocalist... like its just another sound on the record...

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/04/14 :  20:53:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
now don't get me wrong, mc's have their place in hardcore. but if you want to hear an mc that just goes on and on and on and just completely disregards mixes and vocals, check out mc adb. mc storm knows when to shut it, adb does not.

dj ritalin

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/04/15 :  02:33:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
Good, someone else who knows what I mean!!
Two voices together is the most irritating sound unless in harmony
On to another point. I find it interesting how many ppl dis Mc's and say
they don't like them but then come up with a favorite. I understand that crap
Mcing is just crap but then they are not really MCs then are they, they just free loading w**kers who haven't got a clue. MCing is an integral part of the hardcore scene (for me at least) and so many nights have been made by the extra atmosphere they have created. It is a skill and art form, it cannot just be done by grabbing a mic and shouting lots. I think they should be judged like DJs, who if they messed up a mix would be slaughtered, like wise mc's should be tested and passed on style, delivery and content.
I think lots of ppl give MCs are rough ride cos there is so much toss out there.
But that's them not MCing, I am very passionate about this because I want to be an MC more than a DJ ( I am an actor afterall) and i hate the idea of purest House mentality taking over so we lose the rough, street, hardcore vibe.
Now I admit a lot of tapes have been ruined because of an MC wide boy larger type but some of my best tapes are because the MC is so good,
examples? Ramos and Marley, MC Techno, Robbie Dee, Storm, Digger, Lively (who is hilarious!!) Magika and MCMC.
Without MCs most Garage wouldn't exsist (maybe that's not so bad then!!) However now that Garage is so popular at least most of the PANTS idiot mc crew is over there and we can be left with the top class boys who are true to the Hardcore MC old skool. Come on guys cut us MCs some slack please!!
Not all of us are ego fuelled self centred toss pots!! Some of us do appreciate it should be hardcore first. Note I didn't say music because MCing is part of that sound. How you combine the two is the art and shows class above crap.
I do believe in a name and shame policy, if they are sh!t, we should know it and put pressure on ppl to get them off our stages and events, they should be normal ravers BECAUSE they are not good enough to MC. I can say this because I think I am that good because I have studied it for a long time and leanr't fromt he Masters of MCing. Anyone interested, send me an private message and I will send you a free tape. Then you can dis me as much as you like

I am a Disciple of the
Piano Rush
Follower of the Light

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/04/15 :  20:21:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage
i didn't mean to get you all fired up, i have no doubt that you will be a top mc. hell maybe you could move to usa and be my mc someday. dj ritalin and mc stevie onetime or what ever your mc name is, i just thought of onetime, it kind of rolls off the tounge stevie onetime. anyway much respect is due to anyone who has the courage to start out in the hardcore scene knowing what you are up against. stay true to yourself, and i'm sorry if i came across as a hater

respect
djritalin

Stevie c
Advanced Member

Belgium
3,836 posts

204 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/04/16 :  05:05:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Stevie c's homepage
I did and do get fired up but that's very me, sorry didn't mean to come across
as angry more just enthusiastic and energetic
I didnt take it personal (sh!t if i did I would have given up Mcing years ago)
My MC name is Boy Trippa as in like the Boy Wonder (lets face it even I know the Dj is and should be the Batman of the outfit)

Rebellion is my hardcore Dj name, stevie C is my anything and everything alter-ego and Boy Trippa my mc name.
OH........yes I while I am at it, a couple more Gods of MCing.....Maxim of the Prodigy and Lip Master Mark of the Ratpack. I do actually like Mr C as well, both as a Dj and MC (Ok you can all really dis me now!!)

I am a Disciple of the
Piano Rush
Follower of the Light

KinokoBoy

United States
465 posts
Posted - 2003/04/16 :  09:18:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit KinokoBoy's homepage
I have to give Stevie C. a lot of props for writing such a long letter. Its nice to see somebody passionate towards something. I respect you a lot Dude! However, when I go to a rave, I wanna dance. I really dislike it when the Mc or the Dj ruins the flow by talking or scratching too much.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/04/16 :  17:46:03  Show profile  Send a private message
just don't call for a rewind every 2 minutes like the garage scene,that pisses me off so much,2 rewinds is the absolute max for in a set

--------------------------------------------------
"speeed ios a good subvstitute for accueracy"

DJ Mouse
http://hardcorehq.tk

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.69 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page