Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  17:19:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:
quote:
Originally posted by latininxtc:
quote:
I thought it was well known that the CXH albums did very well (especially the early entries). Shouldn't be too surprising really. Those were great albums.

The first 4 were quite decent, especially the first two and 4, but once 5 came out it quickly went downhill from there.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply that they were all great by any stretch.

1, 2 and 4 are three of the best hardcore compilations ever put out in my opinion.

lol no. They were certainly great, but the best hardcore compilations??? Hardly. Although I do consider ranking 1 or 2 in the top 10 of best ones.

And the golden era of hardcore was really mid to late 90s. But the mid-2000s were certainly a rebirth of UK hardcore IMO since that really spurred the music into all sorts of directions.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  17:55:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I thought it was well known that the CXH albums did very well (especially the early entries). Shouldn't be too surprising really. Those were great albums.

The first 4 were quite decent, especially the first two and 4, but once 5 came out it quickly went downhill from there.

1, 2 and 4 are three of the best hardcore compilations ever put out in my opinion.

lol no. They were certainly great, but the best hardcore compilations??? Hardly. Although I do consider ranking 1 or 2 in the top 10 of best ones.

And the golden era of hardcore was really mid to late 90s. But the mid-2000s were certainly a rebirth of UK hardcore IMO since that really spurred the music into all sorts of directions.

What do you prefer? And please don't rattle off the entire Hardcore Underground series just because you can't get off HU's dick. No HU album comes close to CXH 4.

Also it's called an opinion for a reason.

Edited by - Elliott on 2015/10/24 18:05:16
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  18:29:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What do you prefer? And please don't rattle off the entire Hardcore Underground series just because you can't get off HU's dick. No HU album comes close to CXH 4.

Also it's called an opinion for a reason.

But HU dick feels SOOOO good why would I ever want to get off of it?!?!?

But I am a man who enjoys an album with variety and although CXH1, 2 and 4 I like a lot, they severely lack a good variety of the hardcore scene. I like all styles of hardcore from gabber, to freeform, to mainstream, to powerstomp (preferably in small doses and/or live) to breaks, etc. I'm not limited to enjoy 1 or 2 particular styles of hardcore like some people. So any album that makes a good attempt at bringing variety in their mixes or the whole album is very welcomed to me.

So as far as what I think is better than CXH4 off the top of my head? HU4, HU6, Hardcore Adrenaline 1, Bonkers 15, Euphoria Hardcore, and even CXH2. I'm sure there are more that I'm missing.

Edited by - latininxtc on 2015/10/24 18:30:35
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  20:02:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
"No HU album comes close to CXH 4."

It may be a good example of what it is, but it's far from being anything that Bonkers et al used to be. At best it's a snapshot of a genre at its peak, but only a snapshot. Not a gallery.

I'll put HU4, and even HU7 in context, against that every time. However good it *is* it's less good than it should have F**ing been

Which loops back to my main issue anyway, the reason Bonkers 1 or 3 is held to such regard is that it *is* a snapshot of a SCENE. Not a selfie with your besties.

CDJay

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  21:05:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:

Which loops back to my main issue anyway, the reason Bonkers 1 or 3 is held to such regard is that it *is* a snapshot of a SCENE. Not a selfie with your besties.

CDJay

lol I love how you always manage to be brilliant with your words!

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  21:38:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage  Reply with quote
Based on my foiled hit rates.. Others are less keen.

CDJay

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  22:39:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
Sorry guys you have it the wrong way around! No clubland hardcore album comes anywhere near to HU4

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  17:32:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage  Reply with quote
Just seen this:

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  17:41:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Just seen this:

But sadly the whole world knows it for the shit radio version.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  19:29:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
Just seen this:

But sadly the whole world knows it for the shit radio version.

Yea this version is SO much better than the radio version!

I want to know how many CD singles I Can't Stop Raving or Rainbow To The Stars by Dune sold, I would have thought one of those would have topped it. Or perhaps a Blumchen/Blossom track.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  21:37:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
1.3 million!

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  23:03:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Awww, gonna have to disagree with Captain Triceps, on at least the "shit" part. Flamman and Abraxas are the reason it sold that many. Without their radio version the song would just be another lowly 'unknown' gabber track (relatively speaking).

bits of the radio edit are shit, but I love when the amen kicks in, along with F and A's punchy Juno stabs!

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2015/11/23 :  23:38:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
Awww, gonna have to disagree with Captain Triceps, on at least the "shit" part. Flamman and Abraxas are the reason it sold that many. Without their radio version the song would just be another lowly 'unknown' gabber track (relatively speaking).

bits of the radio edit are shit, but I love when the amen kicks in, along with F and A's punchy Juno stabs!

Well, I guess, yeah.
For some reason the 'proper' version is on the playlist on my local pub's music system. Sounds well odd when that comes on in the afternoon, in amongst the classic rock and what have you.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/11/24 :  09:43:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
Hehehe, that's brilliant! :D

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2015/11/24 :  11:31:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
It's on a couple of 90's dance compilations.

Somebody wasn't paying attention when they licensed the tracks!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page