Total online 1546
 Radio listeners 182+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Is Hardcore a hobby, fun or an expression?
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
thestash27
Starting Member

Australia
9 posts
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  08:03:59  Show profile Send a private message
Hi guys, I go by the name of erm... Jo Dough. For me, I don't know why I produce hardcore. But I'm here anyways and would like to say HI to all. I have a track in progress.

But the question arises - how do you know wether a track is worth continuing to completion? I have this track in progress. I think it is sounding good. But should I finish it? Is it worth it? Take a listen and please let me know what you think.

Cheers :)

https://soundcloud.com/thestash16/the-take-off

Alert moderator
Laser

United States
33 posts
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  08:07:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Laser's homepage
I love this a lot. I think you should complete it! <3

Check out my end of the year mix full of 2015 hardcore tunes on my SC! :D

https://soundcloud.com/laserraccoon/year-of-the-banger

Alert moderator Go to top of page
thestash27
Starting Member

Australia
9 posts
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  08:11:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit thestash27's homepage
Thank you! It's a bit of a mess at the moment, but I still have to go back and change the transitions and fix some of the instruments. Thanks for your feedback :)

thestash27
Starting Member

Australia
9 posts
Posted - 2015/10/24 :  11:39:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit thestash27's homepage
To the 4 people that have listened to my song- thank you. I realized that I had accidently routed my kick to a send channel, meaning there was no kick in my mix! Woops! I've fixed it and put the kick back in the mix.

Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/thestash16/take-off

Please, please criticize it! Thank you!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/10/25 :  08:48:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
But the question arises - how do you know wether a track is worth continuing to completion?

Because you like it. If you don't it is not worth it. There is no other point to producing than you like it, the same as all art. That is unless it is your job to churn out crap for money.

Anyway the tune itself, while modern Hardcore is not my style, it sounds good. A lot better than most stuff that is currently being released. I think it's worth finishing personally (it actually resembles Hardcore). I disagree with everything Archfluxx has said, apart from the bit about great riffs. Clearly you are doing fine so far without others' input so just keep doing what you're doing. I especially disagree with his comment about the need to add bass. To me the track is solid on the low end, change nothing. In fact it is especially good on the low end. Good choice of bass.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2015/10/25 08:56:42
thestash27
Starting Member

Australia
9 posts
Posted - 2015/10/25 :  23:47:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit thestash27's homepage
Thanks for your input, hard2get, I really appreciate it. :) I think what you said is a good point and its worth finishing :) I actually did layer 3 basses and a sub and sidechained the sub to my kick, so thanks pointing out that the bass was all good. This weekend, I'll try to finish the track by working on the arrangement. If it turns out good, I'll post up the finished track :) thanks again.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page