Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Mob & enemy album sessions 4
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
raveaddict2015
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2015/10/26 :  22:43:49  Show profile Send a private message
Can any one else not wait for this cd!! The preview of all the classic to new bits on mobs sound cloud sounds unreal!

https://soundcloud.com/djmob-al

Alert moderator
Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2015/10/26 :  23:03:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage
Hi mc enemy

Alert moderator Go to top of page
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/26 :  23:19:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage

Ikstra

United Kingdom
85 posts
Posted - 2015/10/27 :  02:21:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Ikstra's homepage
+1, Hi MC Enemy.

Pretty excited about this to be honest, probably moreso when I see a tracklist. I'm sure the MCing will be on point, MOB's old stuff was great but I haven't enjoyed as much of his recent material (around the time he got signed to LT).

Older mixes are free for download if anyone missed them: https://soundcloud.com/mob-and-enemy-albums

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/10/27 :  08:11:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
Hi mc enemy

Haha! Reminds me of the DJ Impact thing on USH.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2015/10/27 :  09:10:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
quote:
Originally posted by Gazza1712:
Hi mc enemy

Haha! Reminds me of the DJ Impact thing on USH.

didnt something similar happen during the Zonkers ordeal aswell?
Note: I dont know anyhing about the DJ Impact thingy

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2015/10/27 09:10:26
Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2015/10/27 :  10:53:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
Note: I dont know anyhing about the DJ Impact thingy

It wasn't a biggy but DJ Impact was accused of setting up a fake account or two on USH to big himself up. That forum/site turned quite nasty in the end so that sort of accusation was commonplace.

Gazza1712

United Kingdom
252 posts
Posted - 2015/10/27 :  16:01:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Gazza1712's homepage
I remember the impact thing, kinda caused him problems for a few months didn't it, am I right in thinking he owned up to it and issued a statement? Let's see if enemy does the same with this one ;)

lurker
Average Member

United States
187 posts
Posted - 2015/10/27 :  19:26:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lurker's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
didnt something similar happen during the Zonkers ordeal aswell?

I don't think so? I only remember that because Sharkey was a bit of a cock.
Anyway, no album needs an MC yakking on about it for a 3 minute Soundcloud ad, holy crap.

Edited by - lurker on 2015/10/27 19:26:30
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2015/10/28 :  01:13:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
If this is MC Enemy I hope he was smart enough to open this account with a dummy email because the mods would probably be able to see the email used to open the account and can recognize it as Enemy's.

I thought maybe it was Mob but I don't think his English would be THAT awful!

choonland
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,100 posts
Posted - 2015/10/28 :  02:31:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit choonland's homepage
hehe, I don't think is such a terrible thing, but some random comments in other threads would've been nice so it doesn't look so suspicious.

It got us to check out the preview of the album, so I guess it worked! lol

Edited by - choonland on 2015/10/28 02:36:14
Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2015/10/28 :  14:58:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage
Hehe. I can confirm that us mods can see hidden emails.

It is hidden though... so it wouldn't really be fair to say who it is.

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/10/28 :  15:13:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Triquatra:
It is hidden though... so it wouldn't really be fair to say who it is.

dont think you need to mate ;)

Edited by - wong on 2015/10/28 15:14:12
whittle1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,191 posts

25 hardcore releases
whittle1 has donated money to the site whittle1 has attended 15 events
Posted - 2015/11/14 :  05:32:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whittle1's homepage
I have to commend HU for the fabulous work they do, they truly are keeping the hardcore scene alive.
That being said, how they market there products can be questioned. Most business, for example, is based on supply and demand. Where is the demand for a Mob and Enemy album?? There's little to none, therefore the album won't be successful. These could be great artists but I'm unfamiliar with their work (as I'm sure many people are), so why would I spend my hard earned money on CD I have no idea about? Same goes for Alex Prospect's album, or even someone like Obie!
Here's a simple solution to the fella's over at Hardcore Underground: stick all these upcoming hardcore artists with established hardcore DJ's so more people have more of a reason to buy the product. It's so simple!

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2015/11/14 :  08:34:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:
I have to commend HU for the fabulous work they do, they truly are keeping the hardcore scene alive.
That being said, how they market there products can be questioned. Most business, for example, is based on supply and demand. Where is the demand for a Mob and Enemy album?? There's little to none, therefore the album won't be successful. These could be great artists but I'm unfamiliar with their work (as I'm sure many people are), so why would I spend my hard earned money on CD I have no idea about? Same goes for Alex Prospect's album, or even someone like Obie!
Here's a simple solution to the fella's over at Hardcore Underground: stick all these upcoming hardcore artists with established hardcore DJ's so more people have more of a reason to buy the product. It's so simple!

I'd be interested to know how you did your market research. I expect there will be a decent number of sales of both of these albums, everyone involved has a decent social media following and get booked constantly. Just because you don't know about them doesn't mean they are insignificant.

The other thing is, these albums are not HU albums as far as I know so probably most of the work is done by the home label of the artist and HU is handling manufacture/distribution? (correct me if I'm wrong). That's a pretty great service to be offering - by removing some of the tricky stuff in getting CDs out there they are enabling other labels to actually have a physical product and a storefront to sell the CDs from.

I'll be buying both :)

wong
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,991 posts
Posted - 2015/11/14 :  08:40:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit wong's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by whittle1:

prospects album sounds great. him with obie together at westfest was good too

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.39 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page