Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Questions about my "Freeform Family" CD
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2016/04/19 :  00:25:12  Show profile Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage
I got my CD in the mail today and i ripped it all off, but none of the songs have tags. I spent about an hour tagging them all (yes im slow, lol) and they are all still labeled as "Track 1, Track 2, Etc." in my folders. I normally transfer albums over to my SD Card via file explorer on my laptop.

I Was wondering if this was an error in the CD, or if they weren't supposed to be tagged? It's not much of a problem since it's easy to tag I guess, but i'm just curious. Other than that, i'm REALLY enjoying it so far!

Alert moderator
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/04/19 :  01:06:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
What are you using it to rip? I usually use Windows Media Player with no problems

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2016/04/19 :  01:57:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage
It depends entirely on the CD. CD Text is a part of the redbook audio CD standard, but the tags are not required. They will not be written if the source files used to make the CD did not contain the tags and they are not added by the manufacturer.

I opened my copy of Freeform Family CD1 in Foobar2000 and it showed the tags just fine. I'm guessing it's an issue with whatever you used to rip them.

If you want a faster way to tag, you could download mp3tag which will tag all files automatically with info from Discogs.

Edited by - Impulse_Response on 2016/04/19 02:07:55
Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/04/19 :  03:37:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Not all albums, especially small releases like this, gets updated to bigger commercial cd-databases.

Bu like Advather said, get mp3tag (from mp3tag.de, not the other mp3tag that exists), which can get information from discogs as mentioned.

Problem is, you must make sure all the tracks are in the same folder, and in the right order (like CD01 track 01.mp3, CD01 track 02.mp3 etc) if you want to have it as hassle free as possible.

Advather: Not even alot commercial CD disc use CD-text, even if the standard is like from early 1990 :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2016/04/19 03:39:01
Thumpa
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,600 posts
Thumpa is verified hardcore artist Thumpa has attended 81 events
Posted - 2016/04/19 :  06:05:35  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Thumpa's homepage
The tracks are tagged, it must be whatever you're using to rip them.

PecheyTheLizard
Average Member

United States
172 posts
Posted - 2016/04/25 :  00:30:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit PecheyTheLizard's homepage
I used Windows Media Player like usual, it didn't display the tags on my music players sadly. but tagging them on there and then playing them through my phone was fine as it showed the tags. other than that, it worked fine. Like i said, it wasn't THAT big of a problem ^^''

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.09 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page