Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Frustrated with HU
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 8

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  02:06:12  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
Remember the production contest way back in May 2015? I won it! Yay!
It's now been a full year, and HU has still yet refused to send me what I won.

Within the original thread, this was promised to the winner:
- A signed Fracus & Darwin 'Filth & Dumb Hatred' Canvas.
- A signed Fracus & Darwin 'Filth & Dumb Hatred' CD Album.
- A choice of any 2 CD albums from the HU Store.
- A choice of 3 Scarred Digital MP3/WAV Tracks from their back catalogue.
- Professional track and vocal Mastering.
- Track featuring exclusively on the next free members album 'The Past. The Present. The Future 2015'.

I have thoroughly contacted HU more than five times at this point, across the entire year. I understand that they are running a company and are busy.
I have now personally talked to CDJay multiple times. Each time he has told me he will send it out on X date. He then does not do so, and refuses to respond to my follow-ups.

It takes five minutes to gather my stuff from the storage room and put it in a box. Apparently their fanbase is only worth their time when they are directly profiting from it - I ordered and paid for the F&D Diversions CD and had it in two weeks! Even left a little note for them saying it'd be great if they could slip in my stuff with the order, both on the order itself and on Facebook. Of course, they didn't.

I have been overly polite, overly patient, and tried to be absolutely and fully understanding. But at this point, my patience has run out. This is absolutely unacceptable from any respectable company and I've honestly lost almost all respect I've had for the label. The artists themselves are fantastic, of course - don't take that the wrong way.

I don't know what else to do now but complain publicly. Maybe a hundred people seeing their incompetence in the limelight will finally get one of them to get off their arse and spend five minutes giving me what they owe. I am not making this post with some gleeful hope that HU burns to the ground, nor do I want to stir up drama. I simply do not know what else is left to do to try and get their attention. This isn't even getting into the fact that it took them two months and multiple contacts for them to pay me the over $100 they owed to me.

Please, HU. Spend the five minutes and ship me my shit. Thank you.

tl;dr - HU promised me stuff a year ago and has refused to send it to this day, even after multiple contacts and followups by me. I don't know what else is left to do now but complain publicly.

---
The Spirit at the Edge of Infinity
Check out my cheesy fiddlings here:
http://soundcloud.com/dys7dj/

Alert moderator

Edited by - Dys7 on 2016/05/30 19:51:19
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  02:08:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
Knowing my luck, I am sure this post will backfire horribly and somehow cause the entire world to collectively hate my guts.
Like I said. I don't want drama. I just want my shit.

---

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  03:25:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
*popcorn gif*

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  05:26:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
There was a PPF2015?

Personally, I'd have taken the track elsewhere for a release or kept for your own projects and considered the prizes a bust.. Actually, that's a lie. I'd have done exactly this, but it's a pretty hopeless cause to try and disrupt the almost hallowed view that this site has of HU.

Regardless, this reeks of the Boaty McBoatface phenomena - to contribute to a contest that has no actual fair ending, or a get-out clause in the small print.

But people will jump in and say you sound spoiled and the post does seem a little that way. While we don't speak often these days, when I participated in the scene, it was very obvious you loved your music, what you did and especially aspired to work with HU in some regard. This competition was your dream realised, but in the year we haven't spoken until our chat the other night it sounds like you've gone from a keen and passionate producer to someone who had lost interest in something they loved. For you to put your reputation and music on the line is indicative of how much you've been affected by this.

The problem is, the scene is worse off without your creative talents - and you were far more talented than myself in the studio. So this post is about more than prizes, to an extent it's responsible for your falling out of love with Hardcore.

Edited by - Elipton on 2016/05/27 05:27:45
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  05:30:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
Nothing is wrong with the label, just between you and Jon. Don't trash the whole label when you have an issue with just one, or maybe two people.

Edited by - Triquatra on 2016/05/30 18:10:09
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  07:45:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
I agree with this to some extent, but it is poor professional practise and its with regard to HU as a label. No one can argue the music os great, but this is a matter of the operationship of the label and the way its treating a fan. I think its pretty relevant..

CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  09:26:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
I'll happily throw my arms up and admit to being utterly useless for the past 6 months.

The only part of that I'd disagree with is that we've treated our paying customers any better, because, frankly, by and large we haven't.

Something happened to our Royal Mail account whilst we were over in Toronto; we can't actually put any shipments in, so we're scrambling to get whatever the issue is resolved for Tuesday when the latest releases (finally) ship.

I'll get it out then.

My sincerest apologies; as I said, I completely agree with the content and tone of the post. The voices in my head are considerably less forgiving

CDJay

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  12:08:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
quote:

Nothing is wrong with the label, just between you and Jon. Don't trash the whole label when you have an issue with just one, or maybe two people.

Good thing I specifically said it was about CDJay and not the artists then!

---

Edited by - Dys7 on 2016/05/27 12:09:18
Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  12:10:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by CDJay:
I'll happily throw my arms up and admit to being utterly useless for the past 6 months.

The only part of that I'd disagree with is that we've treated our paying customers any better, because, frankly, by and large we haven't.

Something happened to our Royal Mail account whilst we were over in Toronto; we can't actually put any shipments in, so we're scrambling to get whatever the issue is resolved for Tuesday when the latest releases (finally) ship.

I'll get it out then.

My sincerest apologies; as I said, I completely agree with the content and tone of the post. The voices in my head are considerably less forgiving

CDJay

Thank you.

---

Edited by - Dys7 on 2016/05/27 12:10:30
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  16:00:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
quote:

Good thing I specifically said it was about CDJay and not the artists then!

Yea but your title post doesn't. Didn't say anything about CDJay and only mentioned HU and the company.

But hopefully everything gets resolved this time around.

Dys7
Advanced Member

United States
1,231 posts
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  17:09:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dys7's homepage
Fancy that, the only drama that came from this was your own post :)

---

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  17:34:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dys7:
Fancy that, the only drama that came from this was your own post :)

Imagine that!

Edited by - Triquatra on 2016/05/30 18:10:22
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/05/27 :  22:32:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
The gifs are so tiresome...

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/05/28 :  00:06:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Edited by - Triquatra on 2016/05/30 18:10:39
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
Posted - 2016/05/28 :  00:28:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:

Edited by - Triquatra on 2016/05/30 18:10:46
Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Posted - 2016/05/28 :  06:08:08  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage
The title of the thread called HU as a company; incompetent, Steve.

Where's the confusion?

And to be fair, you do go over the top with the gifs. 4 bigg'uns in one post?

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 8 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page