Printer friendly
Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  10:52:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by The drunken scotsman:
Maybe you'd post more on here if you weren't restricted by that straitjacket. Hopefully you get caught again soon and back into the loony bin.

god your funny, bet your the life n soul of every party you never get invited to.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  12:53:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
If my day release conditions only allowed me one hour a month on the internet, I'd use it much more constructively than being HappyHardcore.com's shittest ever troll.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  13:01:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by trippnface:
ya i shoulda swooped this one.

sonova bitch!

Undoubtedly it will leak at some point if you were bothered.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  16:24:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vladel:
quote:
ya i shoulda swooped this one.

sonova bitch!

Undoubtedly it will leak at some point if you were bothered.

will it with yout 1111th post? :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2017/06/25 :  16:51:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage  Reply with quote
I never put in or bought the Ham album but i have always thought that the main issue with piracy was lost sales. In this case like many others, there are no more sales to lose so if someone leaks it, Ham loses nothing. It is also perhaps the rigid nature of the model means that he cannot earn anymore by his own design so where is the harm if piracy does become a factor? Well it becomes less exclusive for one which the exclusivity argument doesn't really fly with me because, the album was created for the fans but priced out for most of them with no possibility of getting their hands on it legally post release so if anything it is an insult but that is a different arguement.

I have only heard the 30 minute mix and I don't think I missed anything but if there was a gem on there and it did become available in some manner, would I go for it? I never admit it if I did but would I judge anyone else who did?

Flatly no, its Hams own fault for being a twat!

1111th post true to form.

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/11/24 :  16:44:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
after listening to another mix featuring all the tracks off this album; Not going to say im glad i did not buy in; but honestly I personally find about half the tracks appealing. Pretty steep for the price. I definitely think he should have thrown some previews up. Nearly all the worthwhile tracks are breakbeat; the only one that really sounds like a brisk & ham track to me is one and only. Would have been way more impressed and severely depressed if all the tracks were in that style.

Don't get me wrong; I ****ing love breaks; but when Ham originally posted this; I thought we were talking about some serious Next Generation vocal style brisk & Ham bangers. would everyone have enjoyed that more?

Now I backed that vibes project; but he was very specific about the exact style of music he will be producing. Which will probably and hopefully be on par with with solid breaky tracks Ham did. I think the tracks he made are ok; but not up to full Ham potential.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2017/11/25 :  07:15:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
after listening to another mix featuring all the tracks off this album; Not going to say im glad i did not buy in; but honestly I personally find about half the tracks appealing. Pretty steep for the price. I definitely think he should have thrown some previews up. Nearly all the worthwhile tracks are breakbeat; the only one that really sounds like a brisk & ham track to me is one and only. Would have been way more impressed and severely depressed if all the tracks were in that style.

Don't get me wrong; I ****ing love breaks; but when Ham originally posted this; I thought we were talking about some serious Next Generation vocal style brisk & Ham bangers. would everyone have enjoyed that more?

Now I backed that vibes project; but he was very specific about the exact style of music he will be producing. Which will probably and hopefully be on par with with solid breaky tracks Ham did. I think the tracks he made are ok; but not up to full Ham potential.

kinda hard to throw previews up when NONE of the tracks where made at the time of his pitch

trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2017/11/25 :  16:11:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:

kinda hard to throw previews up when NONE of the tracks where made at the time of his pitch

I suppose; but at least some kind of general taste. I was expecting stuff like :

Ham : Time to Reload, come again, run to you, let the rhythm flow .

or : things you do - ham remix, the only ones - ham remix , musik - dj ham remix

brisk & ham - crazy love, brisk & ham - getting hi, brisk & ham - fire & flames.

I dont think 1 track on " The 100" touches any of those. Being seriously honest.

* baha ok that musik remix is obviously not uk hardcore i was just listing my highest rated ham songs ; but i think people would have appreciated atleast 1 old school happy hardcore track :P

Edited by - trippnface on 2017/11/25 16:34:40
Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2017/11/27 :  03:40:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage  Reply with quote
Nice mix:

https://soundcloud.com/historyofhappyhardcore/dj-ham-100

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2018/02/04 :  04:25:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

I suppose; but at least some kind of general taste. I was expecting stuff like :

Ham : Time to Reload, come again, run to you, let the rhythm flow .

or : things you do - ham remix, the only ones - ham remix , musik - dj ham remix

brisk & ham - crazy love, brisk & ham - getting hi, brisk & ham - fire & flames.

I dont think 1 track on " The 100" touches any of those. Being seriously honest.

* baha ok that musik remix is obviously not uk hardcore i was just listing my highest rated ham songs ; but i think people would have appreciated atleast 1 old school happy hardcore track :P

Why would you want him to make dated sounding tracks from a decade ago? Hams album was the freshest sounding hardcore album I have ever bought. Sure it was a lot of money. But he definitely delivered.

I can see your one of of those people that thinks modern UK hardcore has to stay in the tiny box of only what you like. Sped up trance with cheesy vocals from the 2000s. If it is not that, you suddenly declare it not being hardcore.

Hardcore was more than that in the 90s, and it is becoming a lot more than that now with all the new generation of producers comming through. Pushing the boundaries with new and modern ideas.

Either move on, or stay miserable, jaded and narrow minded.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

Edited by - rafferty on 2018/02/04 04:35:20
Impulse_Response
Advanced Member

United States
724 posts
Impulse_Response has attended 1 event
Posted - 2018/02/04 :  05:00:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Impulse_Response's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:
Why would you want him to make dated sounding tracks from a decade ago? Hams album was the freshest sounding hardcore album I have ever bought. Sure it was a lot of money. But he definitely delivered.

I can see your one of of those people that thinks modern UK hardcore has to stay in the tiny box of only what you like. Sped up trance with cheesy vocals from the 2000s. If it is not that, you suddenly declare it not being hardcore.

Hardcore was more than that in the 90s, and it is becoming a lot more than that now with all the new generation of producers comming through. Pushing the boundaries with new and modern ideas.

Trying new things is fine, but at the end of the day crap is crap. I haven't heard the Ham album, but most of the new hardcore I have heard is crap.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,083 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2018/02/04 :  09:06:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
Welcome back rafferty, still going on about the same ol' crap I see :P

And no. This doesn't sound one bit fresh if you ask me. It was basicly just old stuff with updated samples.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2018/02/04 :  11:14:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Impulse_Response:
quote:
Originally posted by rafferty:

Trying new things is fine, but at the end of the day crap is crap. I haven't heard the Ham album, but most of the new hardcore I have heard is crap.

Well that is all relative to the individuals opinion. Like a load of people who raved back in the 90s would say what you like is total shite.

As for hardcore today, it is way more innovative and better produced than all those hardcore tracks from back in the 2000s. When everything sounded like a trance record pitched up. Was no variety what so ever.

As for Hams new album. Your thoughts are in the small minority. Has had all good feedback on soundcloud. I guess you did'nt like it because it didn't sound like dated hardcore from a decade ago.

Thankfully Ham is smarter than that, and knows how to be creative and push boundaries. While if you made an album, it would be nothing new and just a copy of shit already done to death from the past.

Candy & anime was just a faze & a total embarrassment that everyone mocks and laughs at now.

rafferty
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts
Posted - 2018/02/04 :  11:19:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit rafferty's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Welcome back rafferty, still going on about the same ol' crap I see :P

And no. This doesn't sound one bit fresh if you ask me. It was basicly just old stuff with updated samples.

I just don't get why people keep wanting to listen to the same old sounding shit over and over and over and over and over and over again.

The way the scene is going, and the stuff new producers are making. It seems most people are agreeing with me. Hardstyle and EDM influences are more common than ever with productions.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2018/02/04 :  11:58:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
I've said it 33000 times before, and I'll say it again.

There is NOTHING wrong with innovation, progression, change - whatever you want to call it.

BUT

There's a big difference between being influenced by other genres and incorporating them into your own style, and imitating them with an extra 30-40 BPM slapped on top.

I loved the Ham album because it was him but brought up to date. I would have been disappointed with 10 2005 sounding tracks or a bunch of Hardstyle/Dubstep/Trap rip offs.

By all means, take risks. But to me, there's nothing risky about sounding like sped up chart music.

Freeform tried a different approach but it didn't really work out.

I want to see a return to the 'anything goes' approach. That's the only way to reclaim Hardcore and shake off the 'copycat' tag it's currently lumbered with.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.08 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page