Total online 1426
 Radio listeners 151+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 How is everyone finding the releases this year?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2016/09/04 :  16:15:17  Show profile Send a private message
I mean in the respect of quality? There's no denying that there's a lot of music being knocked out at the moment much like the last couple of years, but are you finding it any good? In 2014 i had 96 and 2015 on my playlists for that year and while i bought alot more through albums, they represent the ones i would bother to listen to. This year so far i have 35 and some will probably over time be removed. There is an obvious link to the number of tracks and HU releases as they last year HU were not really knocking out product was 2012 which i only have 32 for the whole year and HU haven't bene banging the albums out either. I know there are some differences with my buy rate too as i don't tend to give freeform albums much attention unless thumpa is selling them and i don't follow the gabber sites as perhaps i could. Beatport is a massive no for me with the amount of techno rubbish you have to sift through to find a hardcore track that is probably easier to find on juno. So it's mainly Juno, Trackitdown and the HU site for me as most of the stuff that shows up on itunes is mainstream enough to be mentioned here and the other two sites get them.

What i want to say also ties in to the Ham thread and a point i made about premium exclusive music because i find it hard to believe that they big guns simply aren't releasing or producing because i see quite a lot of facebook that just doesn't seem to make the listings and the point i tried to make was that we could find more exclusive deals being offered that excludes a lot of folk at a premium price and people said that wouldn't happen but it i think it is. I read about an offer this weekend and looked into it because i was sooo tempted because it's one of my favourite producers who i admire the heck out of and if it wasn't for holidays and other stuff going on, i might have parted with the cash which i got to say could be considered close to Ham level with no guarantees of volume etc but god i was so damn close to doing it!!

I honestly think we will see more of people dealing directly with a producer to get the best stuff ahead of time and to think of it, i'm surprised it has taken his long because as my wife and mates will tell you, i am one tight bastard who hates spending money and i was damn close! Overall i'm hoping that there's gonna be a big rush before christmas and the tunes will get flowing but it does just illustrate just where we would be without HU knocking out albums. It can't be quantified just what a blessing they really are because i don't want to go back to CD packs and mixes etc to hear relatively new stuff, i want to own it and make my own mixes the way i like them and HU releases help me do that.

Obviously Scott brown is a rule unto himself and has been smashing out releases consistently all year.

Has anyone else noticed a slowdown or is it me just being picky?

Alert moderator
trippnface
Advanced Member

United States
1,654 posts
trippnface has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/09/04 :  18:58:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit trippnface's homepage
defo a slowdown man; glad i listen to a few genres; cuz hardcore is mostly a faint heartbeat.

constantly lurking trackitdown for new releases; incredibly sparse. most labels have a track here and there at best.

agree on scott brown; keeps the work up!
technikore kinda pushes stuff out on his label OneSeventy...
trackmaster has ok updates

dj haze still does work and posts here too..

see some cool tracks on soundcloud but god knows when they ever get released....

Future of hardcore doing things i noticed; worth checking out
https://www.facebook.com/TheFutureOfHardcore/?fref=ts

not even seeing much activity from the Gammer/styles crew; i know gammer appears to mostly be playing hardstyle shows now though or something lol.

seen hixxy upload some stuff; hopefully he has things abounding...

doesnt Storm have an album on the way too?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/09/04 :  20:53:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
So far this year, I've bought far fewer albums but quite a lot more single tracks than in the past.

The quality of the music in general is better (for me) and that's important because I find myself with very little enthusiasm when it comes to putting the time in to search for good stuff

Claxton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,050 posts
Claxton has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/09/05 :  10:30:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Claxton's homepage
I agree with Dean. Although there has been less new music around, the quality has generally been higher. Therefore I've bought more.

sebastianNL

Netherlands
44 posts
Posted - 2016/09/05 :  10:50:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sebastianNL's homepage
I was thinking to start a similar thread.

As for the quality I think it's great, no complaints at all.

As for the quantity, that is what I wanted to talk about with you guys and I hope this can become some kind of discussion.

It strikes me that relatively so little is released (loose tracks I mean as well as unmixed albums) compared to before 2013. I think that there is still a lot being produced, but many tracks just never make it to being put for sale. They're just used in sets or maybe put on a mix album. For me as a collector this is terrible. I like labels to release frequently new tracks which I can buy, Evolution Records is an example of how I think it should be. Good quality tracks put out regularly. But so many producers are releasing nothing to little tracks, to mention a few, Unknown, Re-Con, Brisk, Squad-E, (and since this spring Darren Styles, Dougal, Gammer too). Of course this is a short list but it's just an example.

The reason is not really clear to me and maybe you disagree with me. But I got a feeling that there's is so much not being made public. Hardcore should not be just about the parties, it should be about the music. The music should be sold and put to the attention of listeners. I think this is viable to keep the scene alive. We all have a responsibility, producers to release regularly, we fans/ravers etc. to buy regularly.

I really think the scene depends on new music, and although 2015/2016 have been a lot better when it comes to released tracks than 2013/2014, I am not completely satisfied! Please let me know what you think of it. If more people agree with me, maybe things will change!

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/09/05 :  13:16:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Can't say I have bought much this year. But compared to last year, i have more single releases vs albums :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Bring Me Round To Love

United Kingdom
116 posts
Posted - 2016/09/05 :  16:02:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Bring Me Round To Love's homepage
I moved on to Retrowave/Synthwave just has fun has Hardcore was back in the early/mid 00's

The drunken scotsman
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
Posted - 2016/09/05 :  19:03:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The drunken scotsman's homepage
Can someone point me in the direction of these quality releases? Admittedly I don't look for hardcore much anymore, but what I've seen this year has been a massive pile of shite, with the exception of Scott Brown/evolution.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/09/05 :  19:27:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Well mine has mostly been makina, makinastomp or gabber so :P

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/09/05 :  22:39:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
I got the GTYM Album when it was on sale....and that's been it for physical releases.

I've bought a few track from Trackitdown, but it's like...none of the big names have anything coming out, it's all from smaller labels. Where are all the HU mp3 releases (Do they even release on Trackitdown)? I wish another record label would get on board and start releasing more physical copies. It's days like these I miss those Happy2bHardcore releases. There would be about 2 a year showcasing anthems of the past few months.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Posted - 2016/09/06 :  12:46:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
HU is releasing stuff on digitals, but slowly. Atleast it's better than never *looks angrily at Hixxy and Sharkey*

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/09/06 :  22:33:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
HU is releasing stuff on digitals, but slowly. Atleast it's better than never *looks angrily at Hixxy and Sharkey*

Hixxy's too busy eating cupcakes to worry about your angry looks.

Si Thompson
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,362 posts
Posted - 2016/09/07 :  18:19:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Si Thompson's homepage
Just a few Evolution bits.

The Rave Music Archive
https://soundcloud.com/the_rave_music_archive
https://www.youtube.com/c/theravemusicarchive

Kool Katz Digital
https://soundcloud.com/kool-katz-digital

DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2016/09/07 :  19:06:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage
This year ive mostly been buying vinyl from 2003 up to 2011, i havent bought too many things aside from the nu foundation album

ArdcorePower

N/A
36 posts
ArdcorePower has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/09/12 :  06:41:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ArdcorePower's homepage
I don't really like any female vocal based UK Hardcore since the mid 90's. I tend to like the harder edged UK Hardcore sounds or I don't mind some fluffy/euphoric stuff without vocals in regards to newer UK Hardcore.

There's a few bangers out this year that I'm digging, but there's a whole lot of stuff I'm not feeling and I feel it's pretty generic sounding and nothing really that jumps out to me. I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2016/09/14 :  06:59:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
So far this year, I've bought far fewer albums but quite a lot more single tracks than in the past.

The quality of the music in general is better (for me) and that's important because I find myself with very little enthusiasm when it comes to putting the time in to search for good stuff

quote:
Originally posted by Claxton:
I agree with Dean. Although there has been less new music around, the quality has generally been higher. Therefore I've bought more.

Can you tarts throw me a small list of decent releases (not albums, I'm just about keeping up with those) from this year? I've not been on TID once in 2016. :-/

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.94 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page