Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 Moved: 1000th post!
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/26 :  22:50:10  Show profile Send a private message
Gammer sucks.
Gammer was amazing in about 2008.
Gammer needs to learn how to let a tune just drop when he's DJing.
Modern hardcore is terrible.
CXH 4 is the GOAT hardcore album.
'00s hardcore was real hardcore.
Screw dubcore, EDMcore, hardstyle-core, electrocore, big room-core and powerstomp.
Actually powerstomp is okay in small doses but it should never have been allowed to exist for more than a year.
Ham leaving the scene was one of the worst things to ever happen to hardcore.
Almost everything released on the major labels between '03 and '10 still sounds excellent.
Happy hardcore is good too.
So is old skool.
All the top tier conspiracy theories were right (and still are).
But they made some ****ing incredible music back in the day.
I really, really love supersaws.
Most of you are pretty okay.
Styles should release Takin' Me Higher 2009.
Technikore is an underrated hero.
Sy was innocent.
And even if he wasn't, who cares?
Hardcore MCs are bad.
Gammer's still a dick.

There. Now you've read my entire post history.

Alert moderator

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/26 23:17:40
DjZelous
Advanced Member

United States
553 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  00:43:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DjZelous's homepage

You forgot to diss Guest :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Edited by - DjZelous on 2016/10/27 00:43:52
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  02:25:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
Oh yeah!

And Guest is a weird robot/human hybrid.

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  07:16:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Elliott:

I don't know what GOAT means, but I was thinking about this album earlier in the week. And I was thinking about how I was looking forward to making a thread about it next year to mark the tenth anniversary of its release. It's not even remotely close; it was by some significant distance the best of the Clubland X-Treme Hardcore series. It is fcuking monumental. That album took me from Hardcore Fan to "this music needs to be the focus of my life all day every day and everything else is secondary".

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  08:23:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by _Jay_:
quote:

I don't know what GOAT means, but I was thinking about this album earlier in the week. And I was thinking about how I was looking forward to making a thread about it next year to mark the tenth anniversary of its release. It's not even remotely close; it was by some significant distance the best of the Clubland X-Treme Hardcore series. It is fcuking monumental. That album took me from Hardcore Fan to "this music needs to be the focus of my life all day every day and everything else is secondary".

Would you say it was the greatest of all time?

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  09:15:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
And i'm gonna use my 10,313th to disagree with you.

No oldskool was shit. If it wasn't for Scott Brown or Bouncy Techno, I would probably never have started listening to "Hardcore" (but I might have gotten into Hardstyle instead).
Happy 2 b Hardcore volume 3 is the GOAT

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2016/10/27 09:16:31
Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  10:39:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
No oldskool was shit.

Is there meant to be a comma? If so, get the hell out.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  10:41:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
quote:
No oldskool was shit.

Is there meant to be a comma? If so, get the hell out.

I habla no Engrish. And yes, there was supposed to be a comma :P

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  14:41:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
Why was this moved?

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  14:56:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
Why was this moved?

Idk! The whole post was about hardcore so I posted it in the hardcore section!

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  15:04:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
quote:

That's me down to the letter mate!

CXH 4 was a transformative experience for me. That album is the reason I'm still here today, nearly 10 years later.

As soon as the first few bars of Come Running started playing out, I knew I would be getting into this genre big time and possibly for the rest of my life. These days, the latter part seems less likely but if the style of hardcore had never changed, I could easily see myself raving away into my 60s*.

After CXH 4, I promptly downloaded everything I could get my hands on and started getting into the second tier of artists and then even more obscure labels until I'd built up quite a collection. Used to spend easily 50% of my money as a teenager on hardcore.

I can't speak highly enough of CXH 4 and genuinely believe that it's the best hardcore album of all time (at least as far as my personal story with hardcore is concerned).

*if I live that long but that's a different matter

_Jay_
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,868 posts
_Jay_ has attended 41 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  06:25:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit _Jay_'s homepage
quote:

CXH 4 was a transformative experience for me. That album is the reason I'm still here today, nearly 10 years later.

As soon as the first few bars of Come Running started playing out, I knew I would be getting into this genre big time and possibly for the rest of my life. These days, the latter part seems less likely but if the style of hardcore had never changed, I could easily see myself raving away into my 60s*.

After CXH 4, I promptly downloaded everything I could get my hands on and started getting into the second tier of artists and then even more obscure labels until I'd built up quite a collection. Used to spend easily 50% of my money as a teenager on hardcore.

I can't speak highly enough of CXH 4 and genuinely believe that it's the best hardcore album of all time (at least as far as my personal story with hardcore is concerned).

Yes, yes and yes. Totally agree.

Although I'm a smidge reluctant to call it the best of all time, I do struggle to come up with an alternative. True Hardcore was pretty exceptional. And some of the Bonkers are mind-bending, as well.

It's a tough call.

And on the raving into your 60s front; I'd once been sure of the same. I'll be 30 on Sunday and my raving has slowed down so much in the last 18 months alone. Stomp! in November will be only my second of the year. In 2013 I went to something ridiculous like 16 raves. To be fair, it's more a repercussion of the demanding job as opposed to a fade in love for the music. Life does just get in the way, though, I guess.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  06:27:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
No oldskool was shit.

You are correct. It is all good.

Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/28 :  16:43:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage
quote:
quote:

Yes, yes and yes. Totally agree.

Although I'm a smidge reluctant to call it the best of all time, I do struggle to come up with an alternative. True Hardcore was pretty exceptional. And some of the Bonkers are mind-bending, as well.

It's a tough call.

And on the raving into your 60s front; I'd once been sure of the same. I'll be 30 on Sunday and my raving has slowed down so much in the last 18 months alone. Stomp! in November will be only my second of the year. In 2013 I went to something ridiculous like 16 raves. To be fair, it's more a repercussion of the demanding job as opposed to a fade in love for the music. Life does just get in the way, though, I guess.

I have exactly the same problem. It feels like you're not supposed to rank a really mainstream, obvious, cheesy, commercial, top-tier hardcore album with the same 5 or 6 artists all over it as the #1. Calling CXH 4 the best of all time makes me feel like a casual fan. But when you step back and look at it objectively, if the cheesy, anthemic '00s sound was your thing, there really hasn't been a better album of that stuff than CXH 4. Almost every single track was great and the peaks were monumental. The fact that tracks like Can You Feel It (which I still loved) were considered filler is a testament to how great that album was.

Actually going to events has never been a massive priority for me. Sure, I've enjoyed the few occasions when I've been out but that shits not possible for me healh-wise right now anyway. The important thing to me is that I'm still stomping it in my house and hopefully always will be. I'm more about the music than the events. Although I regret having never met any of the lads on here at a rave.

Everyone's gotta slow down on the even front eventually. I just regret that it was so early for me. I'm not even halfway through my 20s yet. 30 seems like a pretty respectable age to slow it down. Now I'm wondering how far you can push it while remaining within the bounds of social acceptability!

Edited by - Elliott on 2016/10/28 16:45:58

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.73 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page