MC Storm causes Ajay to quit hardcore
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 28

Author Thread  
dannothemanno89

United Kingdom
24 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  20:46:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit dannothemanno89's homepage  Reply with quote
The guys a twat, thought it for years esp after what he did to sy, saw it or somethin similar wrote here before once, sumin like ^the rot goes all the way to the top and starts with storm^ well true, get him out of the game and the rest will sort itself out.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Elliott
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,137 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  20:50:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elliott's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Elipton:
I do feel like it's this old guard that's holding Hardcore down in a way. MC Storm has done a lot of stuff like this over the years and I've heard more stories than I ever should.

He is manipulative, and he knows he can get away with it. Promoters are the engine that drive the scene, but it's Storm that's the driver. If there's new blood that threaten Storm, Storm acts.

I feel that once Storm and some other old names leave the scene, we'll finally be able to bring new blood to the top and create some momentum.

It's no coincidence that every time a big name leaves the genre that no one ever seems to take their place or fill the void.

They do occasionally seem to let new people break through (like some of the newer FW/TWR artists) if you're prepared to get your knees dirty and act like a good, servile little peon.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  20:51:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:

It's hardly like anyone goes to the raves to see Storm...

Errrr, yes they do .

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  20:54:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
At least in the 90s we had that illusion that everyone in the scene were mates.

Good point. Promoters were in control back then. Things only started to go downhill when DJs/MCs/artists started setting up major events in the early 00s and featuring on their own lineups. That's when the boundaries became blurred and the hardcore scene became a pointless dick-measuring contest.

Edited by - Mickey Init on 2016/10/27 20:56:10
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  22:33:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
No matter how much of a prick he is he will always get booked and be exremlery powerfull, because he has 1000's upon 1000s of fans and is one hell of a performer. And people do go to raves just because he is mcing. I went to totally ardcore In Bristol the other week and spoke to loads of people who were all saying they couldn't wait for storm to come on. And when he did come on he smashed the absolute living shit out of the place, people were going absolutely crazy just because he was on the stage, I'm not trying to defend his actions , just saying why he is and always will be one of, If not the most powerful person In the hardcore scene, I completely disagree with it but that's the way it is, for every person he upsets he has 5000 times more people that will have his back.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  22:42:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
quote:
Originally posted by arpz:

It's hardly like anyone goes to the raves to see Storm...

Errrr, yes they do .

What, really? You actually think that people wouldn't turn up if he wasn't on the line up? There are plenty of people capable of doing what he does.

edit: you just answered that question - I don't agree that it'd make any difference to the turn outs

Edited by - arpz on 2016/10/27 22:43:25
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  23:03:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
People do go to raves just to see him,( that's not my fault is it, im just telling it like it is) the same way people go to raves just to see anyone else, when he came off stage at totally ardcore people were literally fighting to get a photo with him,it was crazy, what was the last rave you went to?

Edited by - skarr on 2016/10/27 23:06:31
skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  23:04:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skarr:
People do go to raves just to see him,( that's not my fault is it, im just telling it like it is) the same way people go to raves just to see anyone else, when he came off stage at totally ardcore people were literally fighting to get a photo with him,it was crazy, what was the last rave you went to?

Elipton
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,268 posts
Elipton has attended 2 events
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  23:06:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Elipton's homepage  Reply with quote
Skarr is correct

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  23:10:30  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
The last I went to was a HAS night, prior to that was another HAS, probably Fusion before that, or another HAS. The last one I went to where he may conceivably have been booked would've been the NYE in Southampton but I don't recall if he was or not. But I see what you were going to try and get at, that I couldn't possibly know the impact he has on a crowd.

I fully understand that he 'hypes the crowd' etc and that people are happy to see him but I don't think for one minute that if he stopped appearing on the flyers that those events would suffer in any real way. There's plenty of guys MCing that are happy to pose for pictures, whilst also being actually decent people

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  23:13:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
I'm not saying there's not though am I? I dislike the guy just as much as others I'm just saying why things are the way they are, he's a HUGE crowd puller and that's all there is to it.

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  23:15:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage  Reply with quote
If there's actually a high number of people that wouldn't go to a rave because Storm wasn't on the lineup then this 'scene' is much more ****ed than I had previously imagined.

Fair enough.

skarr
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
527 posts
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  23:21:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit skarr's homepage  Reply with quote
If he wasn't then he wouldn't get booked, fair enough mc 'friendly down to earth willing to pose for photos' maybe a nice bloke, but storm is storm and the reason he gets booked and others don't is because he is a master of his art, and he 'hypes the crowd' ? That's what an mc is supposed to do, I personally hate listening to any hardcore mc's, never listen to sets with mc's on, 99% of the mcing at ta was horrific, and I mean HORRIFIC ! I just find it hard to understand why people act surprised as to where storm is where he is, he's hardcore royalty and it's never going to change, ever.

Edited by - skarr on 2016/10/27 23:22:36
latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  23:25:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote

In general I'm not a fan of MCs but for me Storm is one of the worst out there and although his presence at the HTID ITS I went to didn't bother me because I was hyped up to be there, looking back at some footage made me wonder what the fuck is wrong with all these people who enjoy such a loudmouth cunt rambling over the music?

Definitely lost what little respect I had, if any, for him because of rhe Sy drama. And when he was banned from HTID events, a ban that should have been permanent, that should have been a clear indication that he was a major problem to the scene and that something wasn't quite right with him.

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/10/27 :  23:28:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage  Reply with quote
Remember when he could no longer do that mouth-scratching but persisted with it, even though his attempt to salvage it was a bit embarrassing. Likewise when Gammer started scratching and used to practise during his live sets. What goes through these guys' minds?

Edited by - Mickey Init on 2016/10/27 23:29:31

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 28 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 24  25  26  27  28
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page