Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 SMD - The Ultimate Collection
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
arpz has attended 22 events
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  14:56:29  Show profile Send a private message
Thought I'd give everyone that isn't using Facebook a heads up about a new CD coming from Slipmatt. After reaching the momentus milestone of 23 years since SMD #1 Slipmatt has chucked all of the SMD's on a CD with a couple of mixes n that. I've ordered it because I need a Slipmatt signature for my collection and because hopefully all the tracks will be amazing quality and so on

https://www.worldofrave.co.uk/product/smd-the-ultimate-collection/

SMD ? Pre-Order Your Signed CD Now For Pre-Christmas UK Delivery
Over 23 years in the making and a massive part of one of the biggest underground music genres of the 90s, I am extremely proud to share with you my pride and joy, and in fact strangely this SMD project is my debut solo album even after all these years in to my music career spanning 5 decades!!! Although this is a very, dare I say it, bootleggy album, it?s totally from the heart and I?m sure it will take you right back to the days of Helter Skelter, Dreamscape, Slammin Vinyl, World Dance, and the list could go on for miles. I?m really glad to put all of these classic SMD tracks together once and for all and I hope you enjoy this double album as much as I have enjoyed putting it togethe

Alert moderator
djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  17:10:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Been posted already in the releases section ;-)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  17:19:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
oh bollocks. sorry everyone.

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Mickey Init has attended 3 events
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  17:56:19  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
When are the mods getting rid of the other sections on here? Or were they merging?

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  17:59:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:
When are the mods getting rid of the other sections on here? Or were they merging?

why get rid of it? get rid of people who very well knows we have multiple section, that are francly easy to visit, yet never does it...

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  19:23:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Samination:
quote:
Originally posted by Mickey Init:

why get rid of it? get rid of people who very well knows we have multiple section, that are francly easy to visit, yet never does it...

I said I was sorry, no need to deport me ;)

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  22:19:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
quote:

Indeed.

Mickey Init
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
764 posts
Posted - 2016/12/07 :  22:23:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mickey Init's homepage
The VG remix wipes the floor with the others.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2016/12/10 :  01:11:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
I think that you should get it for free if you can tell every SMD apart.

I like SMD5, or at least I think that is what it is. It is a remix of Dreamcorp - Dream Finder, an absolute classic from 1991 and Slipmatt's version appears on Vibes mix of Bonkers 6 although it is classed as SMD#5 (Remix)

Edited by - Smoogie on 2016/12/10 01:17:58
SPOOX
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,644 posts
Posted - 2016/12/16 :  21:57:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SPOOX's homepage
Ordered this. Looks good. I own most of the tracks on vinyl but nice to have them on a limited edition CD.

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2016/12/20 :  14:41:36  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage
Is this sold out already!? Rly disappointed if so :/. This was only posted 2 weeks ago.

Hardcore is in this weird state where you can't just make 1000 of everything because you will absolutely lose large amounts of money, but a lot of shit ends up not making it to the hands of everyone that wanted a copy because its always better to be short than be over.

Kniteforce are the kings of this :/.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2016/12/20 :  16:40:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
Well they prove that they dont care for longivity, and rathe go for a quick cash grab.

Everyone hate DJ Ham for doing it, but tbh Thumpa is worse, and now everyone is copying him.

If it really was just about the music, why keep it locked in for the next generation?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

Edited by - Samination on 2016/12/20 16:44:19
Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2016/12/20 :  18:10:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage
quote:
Well they prove that they dont care for longivity, and rathe go for a quick cash grab.

Everyone hate DJ Ham for doing it, but tbh Thumpa is worse, and now everyone is copying him.

If it really was just about the music, why keep it locked in for the next generation?

That's a totally different situation. That's him purposefully limiting it and then making an insane price point. Kniteforce dooesn't limit their shit to 100 copies and then charge 200$ CDN each .. he charges normal prices but limits his shit to small numbers because he knows anything more is just asking for a big loss. However, every now and then you get a project such as this or Dont Die Wondering where the small numbers backfires and limits the amount of people who got a copy to way below how many wanted one.

Dunno about the Tumpa shit; did he do something along the lines of HAM's project?

arpz
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,267 posts
Posted - 2016/12/20 :  19:16:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit arpz's homepage
No, Thumpa pressed 350 copies of his latest 3 CD album, it took a good few weeks or maybe a couple of months to sell out, if people actually want them then they can get them. I don't really see why labels should have to have loads of stock hanging around in the hope that someone will eventually buy it.

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2016/12/20 :  23:11:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage
Trolling failure, Jacket.

What idiot would waste a load of their own money manufacturing 1000+ CD's only to sell half that number or less?

Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2016/12/21 :  00:31:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by djDMS:
Trolling failure, Jacket.

What idiot would waste a load of their own money manufacturing 1000+ CD's only to sell half that number or less?

And yet it seems like Nintendo goes out of their way to ONLY manufacture 1000 of the shit they make (Nintendo Classic I'm looking at you), being totally out of touch with reality and consumer demand :/.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.59 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page