Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 HardStyle Generation!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
ultraskool
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
ultraskool has attended 50 events
Posted - 2003/08/03 :  18:49:52  Show profile Send a private message  Visit ultraskool's homepage
Hardstyle is a Brand New Genre of Trance music that has been created this Year! 2003@ the beginning of the year. It is a mixture of Trance, Acid, and Gabber sounds . It has a very Hard bassline and a 'development' of the HardTrance sound with a pumping bassline.
http://www.hardstyle.com

"one day we'll all be free.."

Alert moderator
pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2003/08/03 :  19:43:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
what's your point? hardstyle came about before this year anyway...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Inferno

United States
109 posts
Inferno has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/08/03 :  21:19:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Inferno's homepage
Shameless plug, to a site that I'd need translated anyway.

ultraskool
Advanced Member

Australia
669 posts
ultraskool has attended 50 events
Posted - 2003/08/03 :  22:11:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit ultraskool's homepage
so when did Hardstyle start to take off?

"one day we'll all be free.."

hooverlover

United Kingdom
321 posts
Posted - 2003/08/09 :  02:16:29  Show profile  Send a private message
well I heard about it in 2002 so probably 2002, altho I'm not from holland where it came from so I don't know when.

anyway, talking of hardstyle, it probably is the newest genre, a mix of trance and gabber, can be quite slow and industrial sounding, it's a good mix for a musical genre.

the problem is, the dutch aren't very good at giving genres names, I mean, they have a genre they call "nu-style-gabber" that's gonna confuse alot of people who aren't new to it because it's Old now, they need a new name for it like 4/4-tripplets-Gabber (nah that's silly)

and "hardstyle" that's a rubbish name, I can think of lots of electronic genres that have a hard style, very silly name! come on dutch people, sort it out! ;) heheh!

Oli G
Advanced Member

United States
1,817 posts
Oli G is verified hardcore artist Oli G has donated money to the site Oli G has attended 41 events
Posted - 2003/08/09 :  04:47:27  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Oli G's homepage
hardstyle is a new name for hard hard trance, of which has been floating around since 94

remember mzone?... THE dj that brought hard trance into this country? well he went off on one for people calling it hardstyle, as they were literaly re badging something he had built up for years, so the bigger names could bandwaggon hop

bollocks i say

\o/ <o/ \o> <o> /o\ _o/ \o_

http://www.myspace.com/camelrecords

kg4
Advanced Member

United States
802 posts

36 hardcore releases
Posted - 2003/08/09 :  05:40:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kg4's homepage
old news

Oh man, I hope I didn't brain my damage...

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2003/08/09 :  07:52:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
Hardstyle: bastardisation of hardcore (gabber), hardhouse, hardtrance and acidhouse. very easy to make. Take an old hardcore (gabba) song, change the bass, keep the melodie and vocals (if there are any) introduce loops from hardhouse, hardtrance and acid. Done (easy money).

origin: mostly germany, nowadays also holland, belgium, Italy (the best and most original hardstyle), austria and the rest of western europe.

My opinion: To Hell with it. The defile al kinds of great songs with that stupid mindless bassdrum of theirs. Where's the kick in it goddamned?
Hardstyles sucks.
Hardstyle is voor mieten die geen echte muziek aankunnen. HARDSTYLE MOET OPFLIKKEREN!

!GABBER 4 LIFE!

hooverlover

United Kingdom
321 posts
Posted - 2003/08/09 :  11:21:14  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
My opinion: To Hell with it.

yeh! and the genre name! what a stupid name! .... hardstyle, here's a list of genres that have a hard style: hardhouse, hard-trance, gabber/hakkuh, happyhardcore, hardcore, oldskool hardcore, hard-step, etc!

and "nu-style-gabber" isn't "nu" anymore! WHO'S RESPONSABLE! HIM/SHE/THEY NEED SORTIN OUT!

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2003/08/20 :  06:35:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by hooverlover:
quote:
My opinion: To Hell with it.

and "nu-style-gabber" isn't "nu" anymore! WHO'S RESPONSABLE! HIM/SHE/THEY NEED SORTIN OUT!

You should make the difference between newstyle and newskool. Newstyle is a style that was popular end '98, beginning '99. It was slow gabber with a very dull-sounding bassdrum and an echo on the kick. Not bad music, but not exactly my favorite.
Newskool is just the last generation gabbertrax like the new shit from neophyte or dj paul. Just today's mainstream gabber.

!GABBER 4 LIFE!

Gabby
Starting Member

Greece
7 posts
Gabby has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/08/21 :  16:30:25  Show profile  Send a private message
Disliking a genre of music just by its name???I think thats stupid...
Also i hate puting such detailed labels on music....hardstyle, hardbass, industrial etc

Hell, some even say danger hardcore team and scott brown is hardcore

I love nuskool gabba, if you wanna call it that way, like the enzyme stuff. Also I've bought the new thunderdome which is mostly 'hardstyle' according to you and I liked it a lot. I dont care how that style is called.

Music today is kinda confusing. Happy hardcore has too become a mixture of other genres mostly gabba and trance. So I think that if you stick to labels and names you'll get mixed up and you'll miss the real point: do you like the rave scene of today or not?

Jaide

United States
306 posts
Jaide has attended 10 events
Posted - 2003/08/21 :  19:27:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jaide's homepage
*yawn*

-Reverend Jaide-
No Limit Thump Thump Thump Church of Hardcore Princess
*Original Hardcore & Junglist Rude Girl Burnin Up Your Decks!*
Happy Hardcore DJ and Founder of I-Jam Productions in St.Louis
http://groups.aol.com/ijamprod

Gabby
Starting Member

Greece
7 posts
Gabby has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/08/22 :  07:01:55  Show profile  Send a private message
Glad to read your opinion Jaid

*3enerwmata*

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2003/08/23 :  02:16:20  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Gabby:
Disliking a genre of music just by its name???I think thats stupid...
Also i hate puting such detailed labels on music....hardstyle, hardbass, industrial etc

Hell, some even say danger hardcore team and scott brown is hardcore

I love nuskool gabba, if you wanna call it that way, like the enzyme stuff. Also I've bought the new thunderdome which is mostly 'hardstyle' according to you and I liked it a lot. I dont care how that style is called.

Music today is kinda confusing. Happy hardcore has too become a mixture of other genres mostly gabba and trance. So I think that if you stick to labels and names you'll get mixed up and you'll miss the real point: do you like the rave scene of today or not?

1)New thunderdome is hardstyle??? Get your ears checked!
It's mostly mainstream "gabber" (as they call it around here) with from time to time an industrial track on it.

2)DHT is actualy hardcore, it's just too commercial to be played on hardcore happenings. I don't really like what they produce under the name dht, but I like their "Da lord" or "The lords of Illusion" releases. Also just as DJ Bass and Malone, they're accaptable.
Scott Brown simply is and will always be hardcore, aswel gabber as happy (like his old darrien kelly releases).

3) I also luv the newskool sound (check the avatar), but I think it's good that styles have different names (for instance, my favo style is Darkcore, like what enzyme produces). It's good for the people to immediately know what your talking about.

4) Your partially right about todays happy being a mix of gabba (buildup) and trance (synths and shit), although that's not always the case.

!GABBER 4 LIFE!

pishposh
Average Member

Ireland
223 posts
pishposh has attended 1 event
Posted - 2003/09/11 :  15:38:44  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Knightmare:
Hardstyle: bastardisation of hardcore (gabber), hardhouse, hardtrance and acidhouse. very easy to make. Take an old hardcore (gabba) song, change the bass, keep the melodie and vocals (if there are any) introduce loops from hardhouse, hardtrance and acid. Done (easy money).

origin: mostly germany, nowadays also holland, belgium, Italy (the best and most original hardstyle), austria and the rest of western europe.

My opinion: To Hell with it. The defile al kinds of great songs with that stupid mindless bassdrum of theirs. Where's the kick in it goddamned?
Hardstyles sucks.
Hardstyle is voor mieten die geen echte muziek aankunnen. HARDSTYLE MOET OPFLIKKEREN!

!GABBER 4 LIFE!

two true its just tries to grab elements of other musical styles to try to make a unique genre [with a stupid name] that at the end of the day does not work and will not last beyond next year, 2005 people will be sayin "what the hell was that hardstyle crap around early 2000?"

hooverlover

United Kingdom
321 posts
Posted - 2003/09/11 :  16:41:50  Show profile  Send a private message
well i don't mind hardstlye in terms of what it sounds like, I just hate the stupid name, Hardstyle, it's also called "Hard Bass" < what a foolish name lol Dutch, come up with a better name for it and i'll like it 100% haha!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.67 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page