Total online 1741
 Radio listeners 160+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 General discussion
 Todays Stereotypes (townie, grunger etc)
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
hooverlover

United Kingdom
321 posts
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  01:38:34  Show profile Send a private message
what's your opinions of all the stereotypes we get (I'm from the UK) and we get:

Townies/Chavs (called losts of different names in area's of UK, maybe the UK version of the Gabba)

Greebo/Grunger (greebo used to mean biker but now it's just people who listen to rock/metel/punk)

Goths (you know who these are)

Skaters (and these)
+
Emo's (people who listen to 'emo'tional punk)

Trendies (the name says it all, somtimes these are a variation of a townie but not so bad, they just dress up better)

Ravers (I wouldn't know what to look one if I saw one but in Canada it's easier right? they wear these candy beeds thingies and popular UFO-trousers that are 3 times too big)

If there's one of those stereotypes i HATE, it has to be the Townie/Chav (Ned in Scotland I believe...) it's their attitude I hate - they walk around towns and cities as if they are competing with anyone who eye contacts them, they are UK's number one vermin next to rats (and the flying rats they call pigeons) they also like to cause trouble at raves and hopefuly get kicked out before starting fights. Just to let outside UK people know what they look like - they are all the same. 'Burbery' baseball caps tilted skyhigh at the front, shothair, tracky bottoms (tucked into their socks) and sports clothes, lots of fake gold 'bling' and a pair of rebok classis. saying things like: 'you got 50p mate?' 'don't lie to me boy or i'll kick ya 'ed in and get me big brothers on ya' also like shouting 'oy!' and other stupid things and walk around like they are the kings of the street with their arms swinging out and a wierd sort of limp.

mind you, all these wannabe grungers/skaters that are like 10-14 wearing a blink182 and slipknot hoodies (they might not even know who these bands are but wear them just for the sake of it), walletchains and skatershoes (even tho they probably can't skate) are just as much vermin as the townies.

rantover.

Alert moderator
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  02:16:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
So it's not the stereotyping you dislike? It's the people that are stereotyped, that you dislike ?:P Though i totally agree with the chav thing, they are complete idiots, and the streets would be much more safe and pleasant without them.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
JesterDJ
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,486 posts
JesterDJ has donated money to the site JesterDJ has attended 14 events
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  02:34:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JesterDJ's homepage
^^^You really are a very wise minded person hard to get. applause to you.

and yes mate. i know exactly what ru talkin about/ most of those people within that stereotypical gauge piss me off to high heaven, however, there are the very few exceptions.

the thing is though, the only way to distinguish one from from another is to check out their proper personalities; luckily enough though, with proper townies and shit, that can be seen effectivvely straight away.

these people do piss me off and i wish there was something that could be done about them, but at the end of the day, these people are basically just another part of those trendies and thats what pisses me off the most about anyone; people that follow trends, because even if they do like it, if they didn;t know about it in the first place, they would dress like that to begin with, therefore it isn't really their true personalities or attitude to society;music, whatever etc etc....

Always remember; you are unique, just like everyone else

*.*Jester*.*

Help your favourite charity for free - www.everyclick.com

Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Dave Murray has attended 3 events
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  09:20:43  Show profile  Send a private message
Ned's heh.

Non Educated Delinquent's

Also would be under Townie's / Chav's.

djsytronik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
883 posts
djsytronik has donated money to the site djsytronik has attended 6 events
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  10:05:39  Show profile  Send a private message
Jezz I think we have the worst of townies down in Essex big time!! I mean like you said hooverlover, they just want to cause shit with people if someone looks at them, happens all the time down our way. With the grunger thing, I mean of course as you know I used to be in that scene and I would hate it when kids would wear the tops because they have heard one song from Kerrcrap! You know when I was travelling all the way to london to see bands and even play mind you and go see like some band that no one knew and it was like me and like 4 mates moshing, that is something different.

But the townies foook me off big time!!

==============
DJ Sytronik

Global Frequency
www.gfradio.com
Every Monday 8pm-10pm

Drum And Bass N Hardcore In Da Place

alimcpill

United Kingdom
271 posts
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  10:40:41  Show profile  Send a private message
http://www.chavscum.co.uk

Edited by - alimcpill on 2004/09/22 10:42:16
clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  11:05:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage
Chavs i mean how cool do you look with your trackie bottoms tucked into your socks. Fake Burberry hats and those coats that they sell in millets (the ones designed for getting stuck up a hill in the rain)

I wear skate shoes and can't skate so what does that say about me?

Chris B
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,964 posts
Chris B has attended 30 events
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  11:11:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Chris B's homepage
http://www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/

Venga familia!!!

Excessive
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
584 posts
Excessive has attended 7 events
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  11:29:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Excessive's homepage
CHAV - Council house and violence

If it moves, eat it. If not wait until it does moves and then eat it.

mark shark
Average Member

United Kingdom
157 posts
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  11:40:25  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by hooverlover:

If there's one of those stereotypes i HATE, it has to be the Townie/Chav (Ned in Scotland I believe...) it's their attitude I hate - they walk around towns and cities as if they are competing with anyone who eye contacts them, they are UK's number one vermin next to rats (and the flying rats they call pigeons) they also like to cause trouble at raves and hopefuly get kicked out before starting fights. Just to let outside UK people know what they look like - they are all the same. 'Burbery' baseball caps tilted skyhigh at the front, shothair, tracky bottoms (tucked into their socks) and sports clothes, lots of fake gold 'bling' and a pair of rebok classis. saying things like: 'you got 50p mate?' 'don't lie to me boy or i'll kick ya 'ed in and get me big brothers on ya' also like shouting 'oy!' and other stupid things and walk around like they are the kings of the street with their arms swinging out and a wierd sort of limp.

I totaly agree!!!! My mate summed it up for me at the weekend, A burberry clad beer boy towny started on us and everybody else in the club!!! My mat turned round and said "blees him its not his fault he just hasn't quit evolved yet :-) Joking apart though they do act like mindless animals, they should be shot and fed to the hounds........

A salad a day then gorging at night gives me the most touchably-soft man-boobs.
-- Slippy Jenkins.

mark shark
Average Member

United Kingdom
157 posts
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  11:42:58  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:
Chavs i mean how cool do you look with your trackie bottoms tucked into your socks. Fake Burberry hats and those coats that they sell in millets (the ones designed for getting stuck up a hill in the rain)

that would be unco-ordibnated then :-)

A salad a day then gorging at night gives me the most touchably-soft man-boobs.
-- Slippy Jenkins.

djsytronik
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
883 posts
djsytronik has donated money to the site djsytronik has attended 6 events
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  16:34:55  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by clarke101:

hahhaa Just told my work mate, very funny indeed...and indeed true

==============
DJ Sytronik

Global Frequency
www.gfradio.com
Every Monday 8pm-10pm

Drum And Bass N Hardcore In Da Place

DarrenJ
Advanced Member

Australia
2,626 posts
DarrenJ has attended 12 events
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  17:39:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DarrenJ's homepage
I dislike goths

why:
I knew a girl who was nice and was a good friend, feel into a group of "vampyres" now she is in self mutalating

Anyway I dont normally judge ppl on there looks

majik majik ninja's whut
frenzyradio.co.uk

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  18:02:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jezz I think we have the worst of townies down in Essex big time!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to disagree, i come from birkenhead (by liverpool), i think we've got the worse out of the whole of GB.

Edited by - Mortis on 2004/09/22 18:03:15
tunnelrush
Advanced Member

United States
1,831 posts
tunnelrush has donated money to the site tunnelrush has attended 7 events
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  18:48:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tunnelrush's homepage
havent heard of the mentioned stereotypes but "Ricers" irritate me the most around here....These guys put stickers all over their cars and place "TYPE R" badges on their car when its very well known that the type R hasnt been seen in the US for a long time. They get huge chrome rims that are heavier than the car and to top it off they get a nasty sounding exhaust that sounds like a lawn-mower.....

or they get a SUPER BIG ASS SPOILER that has no business being on their car....

This one just made me laugh....

<*>WHAT?! Im sorry, I can't hear you cuz my Hardcore's too loud, ur gonna have to shut up!"<*>

<Sennheiser HD25's/Technics RPDJ 1200
<Tracktion 2

clarke101
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,839 posts

185 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/09/22 :  19:15:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit clarke101's homepage
Over here there called boy racers.

Steps to becoming a boy racer
1. buy the cheapest car you can afford then spen lots of money making it look worse.
2. buy cheap loud speakers and distort the nasty charty rap and r+b
3. drive like a tit, with no care for anyone else.
4. Hang around car parks till late a night looking at other peoples rubbish cars.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.16 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page