Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2004/06/17 :  23:27:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
I agree totaly with Neo on this :)
quote:
Also i think its only a few that post to boost their post count, so its no point taking the post count off

But then, remember, if you posted for any other reason than to get your post count up, it wouldn't matter wether Silver got rid of it or not :P

Alert moderator Go to top of page
kernel scurry

United States
102 posts
kernel scurry has attended 1 event
Posted - 2004/06/18 :  00:43:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kernel scurry's homepage  Reply with quote
I like the ranking idea, and I like post count too...

perhaps a system of both, like lets say your have 1000 posts, but non of them really helped or did anthing, then your rank would be 'posts just to post', but if you were say an advanced member and you had 1000 posts, your rank would be 'trusting advisor' or somthing like that...

I hope that the people who are posting 'stupid' topic's do it for the fun factor. I know I've posted in them and its because I get bored at work and its nice to have somthing to do and pretty much everyone seems to have fun. :)

*shrugs* just my thoughts. :)

or perhaps another parrent thread for somthing like 'has nothing to do with hardcore or this site' would work and posts in that parrent would not contribute to your post count... I think its fun and wouldnt want those threads to go away, there incouraging interactment on a civil level which IMO is good. :)

I'm a nOOb

Edited by - kernel scurry on 2004/06/18 01:16:22
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2004/06/18 :  05:37:10  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
I have been thinking about getting rid of the post counts yes, there are several types of people on the site, ravers, DJ's and promotors.. they all have different views on what is interesting.

I was thinking of a voting / ranking system where certain people could rank the posts and replies for informational value. Only say people above advanced members would be able to vote, the more votes you get the higher your rank and status on the site and then when your high enough you could vote on other people.

But then again I don't want to alienate newbies because not everyone wants to post information, they do just want to comment and ask questions... ala the general section.

As of late I have been moderating the general section more, moving stuff around and deleting more. But there is alot of crap lately but some of it is interesting... And we seem to have had an influx of people from the UK that can't seem to speak english and think it's cool to sound like a complete idiot.

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2004/06/18 :  05:45:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
hehe - "people from the UK that can't seem to speak english and think it's cool to sound like a complete idiot."

sadly, thats so true

http://www.dj-triquatra.com
Uhh, negative, I am a meat popsicle

Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Dave Murray has attended 3 events
Posted - 2004/06/18 :  10:28:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjTriquatra:
hehe - "people from the UK that can't seem to speak english and think it's cool to sound like a complete idiot."

sadly, thats so true

Yes it's true bet no-one complains about silver saying it ... If it was me however ... </Insert abuse here>

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2004/06/18 :  10:54:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
thats true, my vote goes to dave for mod status, he has a good handle on whats crap and whats not, and dosnt take shit from anyone. :D

Shade0

United Kingdom
456 posts

2 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/06/18 :  22:38:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Shade0's homepage  Reply with quote
dave headlines a lot of major posts.. And you Triquatra too. Major influences to me on this site.. Whispering & Simon too.. Just naminf a few

Chris.SHADE

Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/06/18 :  23:18:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I have also noticed that quite alot of the "older" posters from the board dont really post as much now. I also dont see why so much people dislike me on this board ... maybe if your afraid of the truth then well ... !!!!

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2004/06/19 :  09:49:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Murray:
I have also noticed that quite alot of the "older" posters from the board dont really post as much now. I also dont see why so much people dislike me on this board ... maybe if your afraid of the truth then well ... !!!!

You will always have some friends here Dave!

And It's true as one of the older members, I haven't been overly active of late, but then there hasn't been a good discussion going on where most members get involved in. Infact I haven't seen a new topic around here for a while where several of the older members have all contributed (DMS, Whispering, Underloop, Dave, Virus, Myself etc etc). Perhaps it's time we made way for the Newbies!!!!

"I'm not a prisoner, I'm a free man,
And my blood is my own,
I'm not a number, I'm a free man,
I'll live my life how I want to!"

Dave Murray
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,675 posts

136 hardcore releases
Posted - 2004/06/19 :  10:15:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
quote:

You will always have some friends here Dave!

And It's true as one of the older members, I haven't been overly active of late, but then there hasn't been a good discussion going on where most members get involved in. Infact I haven't seen a new topic around here for a while where several of the older members have all contributed (DMS, Whispering, Underloop, Dave, Virus, Myself etc etc). Perhaps it's time we made way for the Newbies!!!!

And my blood is my own,

*Sigh*

True, maybe it is but however if these topics are anything to go by then well ... urgh.

P.S Simon please get on msn more i miss our random but very weird chats

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2004/06/19 :  13:43:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

P.S Simon please get on msn more i miss our random but very weird chats

There only random, and wierd when you talk, my conversation is only understandable, and VERY sensible!

And my blood is my own,

djDMS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
10,304 posts

572 hardcore releases
djDMS has donated money to the site djDMS has attended 43 events
Posted - 2004/06/19 :  15:41:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djDMS's homepage  Reply with quote
Time for me to stick my not unsubstantial nose in here.

A good topic is a good topic, regardless of it's author. I think one of the main problems here is that the lack of a proper 'waffle' forum (something i hope we never see here) means that occasionally, some members (whether bored, new, retarded etc) feel the need to take up valuable space by posting their random shite.

AND

Regardless of how stupid a topic is, certain members (you know who you are) just can't help replying! I don't give a monkey's chuff what your favourite drink/sex position/TV programme/Tweenie is and it just makes me laugh when people bother with it. I don't mind if topics go astray slightly as long as the original subject is one worth talking about.

Simon, Dave, Triquatra, Whispering, Hard2Get etc etc (too many to list) - all guys who have opinions/views that usually mean something but don't mind a laugh either.

I'm not suggesting some kind of cull where we get rid of members who don't post enough quality comments but i think the more "experienced" among us
shouldn't be afraid to point out where others are going wrong - sort of a "pretend mod" type of situation!

And regarding post counts - i'll be happy to keep my member status/stars. Post count means nowt to me, respect from others is much more important.

BRING FORTH THE POST POLICE!!

PC DMS at your service!

Anyway, does anybody here like Super noodles?

----------------------------------------------------
http://www.intenseradio.co.uk/forum

(*Free gift not available to residents of planet earth)

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2004/07/02 :  15:29:35  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
I have come to a middle ground I think, I totally re-wrote the "ranking" system and put the joined date of the member next to names so you can actually see and judge for yourself who is a spam whore and who's oldskool :)

Let me know what you think alot of stuff was re-done to make it configurable and should work - at least in testing...

Also avatars should also work in PM's now if that's of interest :)

Well here is a list of things I changed for the ranking system:

- Speed increases in PM view / sent
- Option to turn off and on all ranking systems via boolean switch array
- Optimizing of code and removal of old code
- Security fixes (whoops!)
- NoWrap on poster information in forums (on posts) - Makes things a little cleaner
- Adding of Join date to ranking system

Seany
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,906 posts
Posted - 2004/07/02 :  16:39:17  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Seany's homepage  Reply with quote
Kool ,Can see the Spambino's Now! ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seany
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,906 posts
Posted - 2004/07/02 :  20:08:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Seany's homepage  Reply with quote
Silver ,I think you messed the topics up ,I noticed after you made changes ,that new topics aren't working.. :S

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.11 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page