Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Author Thread  
BassEd
Average Member

United Kingdom
213 posts
Posted - 2004/11/18 :  16:48:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
As long as theres ppl likle us keepin the scene alive it aint goin nowhere.

Neva thought bout wot tune id want to be played at me funeral, doubt it would be hardcore tho.

Life Is What You Make It!!!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
BlueYoshi

United States
43 posts
Posted - 2004/11/18 :  17:07:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit BlueYoshi's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mattikake:
Dying my a$$. It's making a full-on comeback if anything!

I've been into the scene since '89. At the moment it's about as fresh and packed as it's been since the early '90's.

I moved from Hardcore to Hard-House in about '99 and that was big and buzzing for a while. I know a few people (personally) who moved to H-H when Hardcore started to go a bit quiet.

But now H-H is dying and returning to the underground gay clubs where it came from and we're all coming back to Hardcore. Every event you go to is packed. Rammed to fcukery, just like it used to be in the early-mid '90's. :) H-H, by camparison, you're now noticeably getting space on the dancefloor.

Hardcore hasn't reached it's new peak yet. Give it until end of 2005 maybe even sometime in 2006.

If a form of music gets a bit samey and goes underground again - where the core contingent of fans keep going - it will survive, keep ticking-over. Eventually people get bored of the current craze (H-H/Hard Trance in this case) and move on to something else. Also this gives time for newbies to give the alternative a try. There's still as many 18yo's as ever. There's a new DJ's joing the scene as well, not just all the old boys.

So now that hardcore is making a 2nd coming, it'll be here to stay forever either in the mainstream or in little underground clubs. I guarantee it as it's proof there is always a niche market for the fastest proper hard dance music around!

As for H-H, will it make a someback? I hope so, although it's not dead yet. Hardcore is the pinacle of fast music, Trance as close to commercial dance as you would (not :p ) want, H-H is somewhere inbetween which puts it on iffy ground.

btw, even though I'm into H-H, I'm NOT gay! Ok?!

Old old old-skool

deep. and there is no way HHC is dieing theres so much dope shit on the internet these days and i love this site already i just heard someone mix the original TETRIS THEME SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!! that shit was hot but 1-5 will like HHC but its just them getting introduced to that type of music i was fortunate to have a friend who listened to it and he got me all hella hooked so its just the intoduciton of it. and HHC isnt THAT big in my area but there are still people to chill wit and lsiten to dj's throw some sick beats so its not dieing and will forever live on

RAVEN ON AND RAVEN ON!!!"in the beginning there was house music, and house music had its own grove but from this grove came the grove of ALLL groves but one day some dj's declared LET THIS HOUSE BE PROGRESSIVE AND PROGRESSIVE HOUSE WAS BORN!!!!" = ownage first tecno song i ever heard = Progressive house

People Rave To Rave the world is full of drugs but drugs are just enhancements to that world

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2005/01/19 :  05:37:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
i kinda wish hardcore would die down a little bit, it's on the verge of commercial breakthrough i think. it's missing the rawness of the past. if it were to die down a bit, i think that the music will regain that aspect. right now it seems more quantity than quality.

don't stand and stare, just kick your legs in the air

CorDharel
Advanced Member

Switzerland
544 posts
Posted - 2005/01/23 :  22:18:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CorDharel's homepage  Reply with quote
ROFL this is the craziest idea I heard in the last weeks, hardcore played at the funeral :D

I am really alone in my whole town with the love for happy hardcore! But as long as I love it, its okay...

------------------
I love Happy Hardcore! But lots of people don't understand it... I feel sorry for them that they miss best music genre in da world.

Loz_e
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
772 posts
Loz_e has attended 7 events
Posted - 2005/01/24 :  19:53:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Loz_e's homepage  Reply with quote
no matter what happens to the scene as a whole as long as still being produced and raves still happen hardcore will never die!!!

'it shouldnt happen to a raver'

NeXuS
Advanced Member

United States
1,627 posts

81 hardcore releases
NeXuS has donated money to the site NeXuS has attended 15 events
Posted - 2005/01/24 :  22:26:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NeXuS's homepage  Reply with quote
Let me end this whole discussion and at the same time answer his question... no. Problem solved.

Fraud

United States
487 posts
Fraud has attended 2 events
Posted - 2005/01/24 :  22:40:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
^^^^^
nuff said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hardcore Will Never Die.
And I approve of this message.

Free Fall Recordings
http://downloads.imorecords.com/label.asp?lid=86

http://www.drumandbasstv.com
http://breakbeatscience.com/
http://ebaumsworld.com

http://www.drumandbasstv.com
http://breakbeatscience.com/
http://ebaumsworld.com

-Bazza-
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,276 posts

18 hardcore releases
-Bazza- has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/01/24 :  23:45:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorDharel:
ROFL this is the craziest idea I heard in the last weeks, hardcore played at the funeral :D

I'd like it to be played at my funeral.

At the moment I think probably 'Mickey Skeedale feat Jenna - Through The Darkness', but I might change my mind again before I die. Unless I die tomorrow or something. LOL

mj-dream
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,440 posts
mj-dream has donated money to the site
Posted - 2005/01/25 :  02:34:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit mj-dream's homepage  Reply with quote
IM SO SO GLAD THAT ITS NOT JUST ME WHO LIVES AND BREATHES IT B4 I HAD INTERNET I THOUGHT I WAS THEN THERES ALL YOU GUYS THANK FU** ALL MY MATES R INTO SHITE LIKE POP AND R N B.I GOT INTO HARDCORE IN LATE 98 WHEN I WAS 12 OR SUMMAT NEVER LOOKED BACK SINCE AND NEVER WILL EVEN WHEN THE SCENE DIED DOWN I DINT EVEN BATTER AN EYE LID AT OTHER MUSIC(APART FROM GREASE ALBUM LOL)THANK GOD FOR HARDCORE

mj-dream remember the name im here for fame

GeminiJ

United States
279 posts

38 hardcore releases
Posted - 2005/01/25 :  04:31:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
It'll never die in my heart. It will live on forever, even when I'm old. I'll be trying to dance to it, and fall and break a bone or something, lol

TypeR
Advanced Member

Unknown
2,633 posts

55 hardcore releases
TypeR has donated money to the site TypeR has attended 11 events
Posted - 2005/01/26 :  06:21:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit TypeR's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
IM SO SO GLAD THAT ITS NOT JUST ME WHO LIVES AND BREATHES IT B4 I HAD INTERNET I THOUGHT I WAS THEN THERES ALL YOU GUYS THANK FU** ALL MY MATES R INTO SHITE LIKE POP AND R N B.I GOT INTO HARDCORE IN LATE 98 WHEN I WAS 12 OR SUMMAT NEVER LOOKED BACK SINCE AND NEVER WILL EVEN WHEN THE SCENE DIED DOWN I DINT EVEN BATTER AN EYE LID AT OTHER MUSIC(APART FROM GREASE ALBUM LOL)THANK GOD FOR HARDCORE

it's good that you love hardcore so much, but can you do it without every post that you do in caps? we will love hardcore that much more.

don't stand and stare, just kick your legs in the air

Cyberpunk
Advanced Member

United States
540 posts
Posted - 2005/02/07 :  00:16:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is it dying again?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok someone call a therapist or something.

Ionosphere
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,750 posts
Ionosphere is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2005/02/12 :  13:22:00  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Ionosphere's homepage  Reply with quote
As this is the Rumours section, here's a rumour.

Some time soon you'll be able to listen to a brand new Hardcore tune, 'Walk Out' exclusively on this site, from Ionosphere.

Hardcore Will Never Die. There are too many people like us lot (ie: You lot out there).

Cheers

The Ionosphere Crew.

Between the Earth and the Stars.

This- http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ionosphere

THIS - http://soundcloud.com/ionosphere

VIDEO - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nYWkHCkaho

zeRoman
Starting Member

United States
13 posts
zeRoman has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/02/28 :  01:14:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
The hardcore pulse will forever beat with us and others like us. We love this shit too much for it to die.

Now as far as funeralcore...ROTFL...Dougal's Steamtrain...the essence of the song defines my personality ;)

just give me a kick-drum led track above 170bpm... and im happy!

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,683 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2005/03/28 :  05:35:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage  Reply with quote
I think hardcore has less chance of dying now then it ever has, the internet will keep it alive as the hardcore community, however small it may get will keep in touch and not let it die.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.47 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page