Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Featured Poll
 What would you buy your hardcore on?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 3

Only administrators can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/01/31 :  16:57:50  Show profile View artist profile Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
Poll Question:
If hardcore releases came out on any format, what would you be interesting in buying?

Results: (227 votes counted so far)

Vinyl only   (15.9%) 72 votes
CD's (radio edits)   (3.1%) 14 votes
CD's (DJ mixable)   (7.0%) 32 votes
Vinyl + CD's   (21.6%) 98 votes
Pay for web downloads   (0.9%) 4 votes
Other   (1.5%) 7 votes

Alert moderator
FinnHawk

Canada
25 posts
Posted - 2002/01/31 :  22:51:11  Show profile  Send a private message
The thing I don't like about Vinyl is that they usually only put 2 songs on each record. Records are just too expensive.

I would rather be able to get loads of full length tracks on CD first, so I can more easily preview and find good tracks. But for now I still want to be able to get the tracks I want to spin on vinyl. What I like about CD is that I could get loads more tracks for cheaper. But, I guess for DJing, vinyl is still the way to go. We'll see what the future brings tho. The main thing I don't like about CDs for spinning is that CDs more easily develop scratches and scrapes over time that may cause them to skip, and a skip during a set would really suck... and of course the whole feel of vinyl and all... I still enjoy that...

I wish the general music industry would just switch over to Mini-disc as the standard format to listen to music on... that would be cool. Mini-disc are smaller and more protected (against scratches and skipping) and can hold the same amount of audio. Are mini-disc's a Sony thing tho?

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/02/01 :  04:49:59  Show profile  Send a private message
i'd say vinyl definitely. however,the big problem here is getting hold of hardcore on vinyl. there's one record shop to the whole town and it sells nearly every kind of dance music you can think of... except hardcore :(

i just wish it was as easy to get it on vinyl than cd,coz i'd have loads of hardcore vinyl here right now,not just about 3 hours worth

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse In Da House!!!
http://clubstation.esmartmusic.com

NightSoul
Average Member

United Kingdom
238 posts
Posted - 2002/02/01 :  10:27:22  Show profile  Send a private message
i would go for vinyl 100% if i could get my hands on it in glasgow, same ad dj mouse here, all other dance stuff is not a prob, but hardcore etc, aint happening :(

but i can get (tom wilson > scott brown > qfx > q-tex on cd single format, so thats alright, but vinyl is what i want, but if i cant get my hands hardcore vinyl from the local non - commercial stores, then cd is the next best thing

dance till the police come

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/02/06 :  07:47:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
I say lets put it on both Vinyl & CD then the Dj's can get their vinyl's and the fans can get the CD's. What needs to be remebered is that releasing hardcore on CD's isn't going to make it commercial so I say go for it. You can experiment more with CD's anyway by what material you put on them. It would be a good way of seeing if a track would make it on vinyl.

futuredancer
Starting Member

United Kingdom
13 posts
Posted - 2002/02/06 :  08:38:27  Show profile  Send a private message
hmmm, everyone seems to be finding it hard to get hardcore on vinyl.... Has no one tried the internet ?? I get 90% of my vinyl from the internet and have never had a problem. Its usually delivered next day !

Get more fu**ed and get rocking!

tommo
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,233 posts
Posted - 2002/02/07 :  10:44:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommo's homepage
Does anybody know where I can download happy hardcore on the interenet for free?I know there is some on morpheus and audiogalaxy etc but is there a site that specifies in happy hardcore mp3's?

tommo-living proof that newbies kick ass.

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/02/07 :  11:26:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage
Tommo mate take my advice don't mention MP3 and download in the same sentance on this site or we may have another heated discussion like last time. Besides Silver doesn't like people downloading stuff that isn't rightly theirs or has been offered to them.

aznwasian

United States
428 posts
Posted - 2002/02/07 :  14:26:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit aznwasian's homepage
there are about 6 billion other topics about "that".

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.aZnWaSiAn.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...

SINIZTA
Average Member

United States
206 posts
Posted - 2002/02/22 :  21:09:32  Show profile  Send a private message
well u got 2 have vinyl, bcause i mean it's the essence of dj'ing!nah what i mean!but at da same time, what u gonna have blasting out your car?not no
****ing turntable!so that's where the c.d.'s come n mos def!nah what i mean!
i guess u can figure which 1 i voted 4!

{S|N|ZTA SMYPNOT|X and FRENET|X}

M.C Menace

United Kingdom
123 posts
Posted - 2002/03/21 :  04:58:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit M.C Menace's homepage
I go for vinyl and cd because there is some stuff you can't get on cd and some stuff you can't get on vinyl. Simple as that.

M.C MENACE

http://www.happyhardcoreppl.maketrouble.co.uk/

M.C Menace - were raving from 7 till 11 were ravin in a hardcore heaven

Underloop
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,895 posts

91 hardcore releases
Underloop has donated money to the site Underloop has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/03/21 :  06:13:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Underloop's homepage
Both vinyl and CDs.....I've only got a deck about 12 months ago, so up till then, the only way to get hardcore was to get mix tapes.....no way to get full tunes...well, apart from the method that shall not be mentioned coz I will get my arse whooped LOL However, vinyl is my preffered format, but then CDs sometimes contain stuff not on the vinyl....Videos etc...

Decisions, Decisions lol

Matthew
--------------------------
"Its a Hardcore hit. This is the **** that kicks" - MC Storm

manic

Australia
299 posts
manic has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/03/23 :  01:37:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage
Vinyl is good to mix with. You can have more control over vinyl than a CD. You can't use your hands to vary the speed of a CD. So it makes sense to use vinyl since tracks that you could not mix using CD format, you can mix on vinyl. But, CDs are great when buying DJs mixes.

Also with now having digital turntables I think vinyl is here to stay for a while.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

DJ Bunnyboi

United States
28 posts
Posted - 2002/03/24 :  08:44:25  Show profile  Send a private message
It's nice to get tracks that you can't get on vinyl on a cd, and the other way around, but when It comes down to it, I like mixing vinyl more than using cd turntables. So bout 99% of my hardcore is on vinyl other than premixed cd's. Stayin' with the records.
Austin

::MAKE EM BOUNCE::

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/03/24 :  13:08:22  Show profile  Send a private message
actually now that i'm thinking about it...if i had a vinyl cutter or i could get records cut for free,and now that i got broadband i'd pay for web downloads then transfer them to vinyl,no having to wait a few days for the record to come and no damage is done to it either. but i made my vote and don't have access to a vinyl cutter locally :(

also is that actually legal to do or not?

--------------------------------------------------
DJ Mouse - "Winning a war doesn't determine who's right.... winning determines who's left"

BaDBoY

United Kingdom
114 posts
Posted - 2002/04/01 :  07:50:54  Show profile  Send a private message
Mouse, That Really Wouldnt Be Worth Your Efforts.. You Would Have To Pay A Hell Of A Lot To Get A Half Decent Vinyl Cutter..
Around £1800 And Then The Blank Vinyl Is Dead Expensive, unless You Buy The Stuff In Bulk.. Which Unless Your Going To Re-distribute The Songs You Download.. Isnt An Option..
But We Wont Get Into That.. cos Thats Jus' As Naughty As
*Cough* MP3 Downloading *Cough* If Not More So, Because Your Making Money Then..

But Anyways.. My Oppinion Is Vinyl Is Great.. Its Jus So Versitile.. The Styles And Methods You Can Mix With Vinyl Are So Much Greater Than The Options With CD's.. However.. Sometimes CD's Provide A Cheaper Alternative..

I Personally Would Like To See A Return Of An Old Trend That Was Around In 95.. With Any Cd Compelations You Would Get The Full Tracks On One Or 2 Cd's All Unmixed.. And On A Third Cd You Would Get Them Mixed By One Of Your Fav DJ's.. Take United Dance 2.. 3 CD Compelation, Cd's 1 And 2 Were The Full Songs, Cd 3 Was Mixed By DJ Seduction.

They Used To Charge A Couple Of Quid More, But In My Oppinion It Was Well orth The Few Quid Extra...

Badboy.

Badboy.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.22 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page