Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 General discussion
 Time for a change... in breakbeat techno
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
technodrome

Australia
33 posts
Posted - 2002/02/18 :  15:12:24  Show profile Send a private message
i think it's time for a change , lets drop the fast 4/4 Happy hard techno beat for a more Junglish sound/vibe like the oldskool jungle sounds from 94-95 . see if we can make new Happy hardcore jungle tracks with a more drum n bass like sound yet distinctively , still 'happy' vibes in it.. who agree with me?

"Keep that Frequency clear (clear)!"

Alert moderator
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/02/18 :  16:03:00  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
I don't agree with you, but you raise an interesting point, if you don't like the music why don't you create it yourself?

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/02/18 :  18:40:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage
Read up on the new hardcore that's coming out and you'll see that it's all being done. Jungly, rough, trancy, cheesy, vocally, freeform, there's room for it all.
-Lixx

aznwasian

United States
428 posts
Posted - 2002/02/18 :  18:41:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit aznwasian's homepage
hmm... there are so many dam genres and sub genres and sub sub genres. How about one called Ambient-Trance-Core-Happy-Beat-Break-Funk-68/747.

No wait this new sub-sub-genre could be called NewCore-D&B-Jungle

I like that. And I like the idea as well, but i still like the way HHC 4/4 is going.

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.aZnWaSiAn.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/02/19 :  03:00:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
Maybe you can be like me and play drum and bass, ruffneck, happy hard, old gabber and happy breaks in one set.

I agree there silver/technodrome, Luna C didnt like the music and has seemingly led a one man revolution to bring back breakbeats to hardcore and look how well the KFA is selling...

Hardcore has always been about being one music no matter how divided the genres get. I love it for that

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

Edited by - Heist on 2002/02/19 03:14:54
SINIZTA
Average Member

United States
206 posts
Posted - 2002/02/19 :  20:34:19  Show profile  Send a private message
i agree with Heist! just do it all! that's my dream, 2 have a hybrid of dark DnB/Jungle,Happy Hardcore/Hardcore/& Gabber sound, that's heavily influenced by Hip-Hop,Punk Rock,Classic Rock,Ska,Dancehall,Cassical,Opera,
Country(yes, country!) & whatever else iz inspiring me!but az far az being sick of the 4/4 beat, hell no, that's what made me reconize hardcore n the beginning!

{S|N|ZTA SMYPNOT|X and FRENET|X}

Midway_raver
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,032 posts
Midway_raver has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/02/20 :  13:48:49  Show profile  Send a private message
i'd also love 2 make hardcore in a different way from the conventional style ( altho at da mo i'd love to make any form of decent hardcore:) ) I'd love 2 use influences from raggae n classic rock n stuff, n also just mash up styles n not av to label em HArdcore Or Jungle Or Drum N bAss . I'd love 2 just make a gr8 track regardless of genre . I think it's sumtimes a bad thing if u sit down n think rite im gonna put togeva a trak thats simply hardcore, its good to let ur imagination flow.

go too the flow where the E wil rush me ooooooohhh Rush me.....e rush me...go to the flow where the e will rush me..rush me nicely.

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.81 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page