Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Calling it Trancecore
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
HKLPanda
Starting Member

Canada
14 posts
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  08:19:20  Show profile Send a private message
I know this is old news, but I remember hearing this from a friend a long time ago and I wanted to clear it up.
Is it true that you shouldn't call Trancecore "Trancecore" because all the trance people were getting pissed off that HHC had anything to do with Trance so now you have to call the style Freeform? Just curious. In any case, I find that the best epic trance these days seems to be coming from the HHC producers (even if alot of it is just remixes of older trance tunes or even older HHC tunes).

Alert moderator
Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  08:45:34  Show profile  Send a private message
first off, why the hell would you even care what people that listen to trance care about? =P
trancecore needs to go back to being more core and less trance, kick those bpms up there and let the tune rip.....

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  08:47:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage
for ****s sake let's just call it hardcore :P

http://www.dj-tyrant.com/Tyrant-Acid%20Overdose.mp3

Brian K
Advanced Member

United States
8,663 posts

528 hardcore releases
Brian K has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  08:54:26  Show profile  Send a private message
because then you'll upset all the people that listen to gabber =P

"As punishment for your desertion, it's company policy to give you the plague."

BASSDROPPER
Starting Member

United States
12 posts
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  08:57:31  Show profile  Send a private message
I think trancecore is alright. I am myself a very huge trance fan. and where is this being politically correct s@^$ coming in about what to call some music and what not to call it. We are talking about rave music.
"puts his fingers up in the air in a foolish looking quote stance"
We are supposed to be on a different level than that crap.
It is what it is. If its trancy
with a core...
its......

"In the land of hardcore nothing is written, ride the starz and all will be given"
------------------------------------------------

i love my mom
and so can you
for $5

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  11:41:48  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
that's what causes groups n stuff in the scene, it's no fun, y make all division, it pigeons holes everything =(

"It's all good..."

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  11:59:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage
exactly. pigeonholing sucks. i'm not going to like a track if it's categorized under some arbitrary name. i'll like it if it has the sound that i like.

http://www.dj-tyrant.com/Tyrant-Acid%20Overdose.mp3

DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  18:06:30  Show profile  Send a private message
Ok we'v had way to many arguments about this on this board, and i think it needs to stop. just call it what ever you want to ok, you can call it ass-core for all we care.

My god how long have those mice been living your back fat?!?!?!

WoRd?!!

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  18:50:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage
i think the best name for that style is freeform.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

azn_hype
Starting Member

Canada
9 posts
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  19:05:13  Show profile  Send a private message
!@#$ callin it trancecore it jus should bbe hardcore

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
MC RizlaDizla is verified hardcore artist MC RizlaDizla has attended 20 events
Posted - 2002/04/04 :  23:28:39  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
Yep thats rite it is all hardcore. even gabba, is hardcore, oldskool, is hardcore. hardcore is garage, hehe ok, (hey jude stylee) HHHHAAAARRRRDCOOOOREEEEE!!!!

Ppl making "trancecore" mainly energy i fink, got sick of ppl calling this trancecore. putting it down into catagories/sub genres. so the name freefrom woz coined, not sure who by tho. freeform woz a much better word for any hardcore that didnt follow the normal conventions of "happy hardcore".

Most freeform is trancey, but you also find many other fings going on in there, and not all freeform has to be trancey. some choons ive heard are proppa tekno stylee, acid house and d&b, but all hardcore.

if its called diffrent names then it sort of takes away some of the credit for our music. if a really good choon is made, ppl can say thats not hardocre tho, thats trancecore, stuff like that.

also on the not about trance, i feel slowly but surly hardcore production is getting ontop of allot of trance choons coming out. I dont fink many ppl in hardcore production would care wot the trance world has to say about them really. imo.

"Oh my goodness, Oh my Gosh. Here we go with a badboy rush."
"Oh my goodness gracious me, Badboy Dj, Wikkid Mc."

rAsPuTiN
Starting Member

Australia
8 posts
Posted - 2002/04/05 :  00:24:16  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by MC RizlaDizla:hardcore is garage

i dont know if id go that far dude.

"Nobody's ever died from smoking marijuania. Some nights I've tried and you just can't do it." Woody Harrelson.

MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
Posted - 2002/04/05 :  03:52:57  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
hahaha lol

FinnHawk

Canada
25 posts
Posted - 2002/04/15 :  00:55:07  Show profile  Send a private message
Freeform was originally dubbed Trancecore, but from what I've read one of it's early originator, Billy "Daniel" Bunter (and maybe others too) didn't like the name Trancecore because some of it really isn't even that trancey at all... I mean Freeform uses elements from a variety of genres (not just trance) including Hard House, Acid Techno, Goa Trance, and Drum and Bass, among others... There's quite a variety of styles in different Freeform tracks and producers, so it's not fair to associate all of it with "Trance". Freeform strives on its diversity and quality production and tries to avoid becoming formulaic and predictable.

To be honest, I think this is one of the problems with a lot of piano driven vocal happy hardcore. It's a little too formulaic and predictable... I prefer happy hardcore that deviates from that base formula.

But in the end, it's all just Hardcore... Genre classifications in Electronica are mostly overdone anyways... causes too much scene splitting...

Sal

Edited by - FinnHawk on 2002/04/15 00:57:34
MC RizlaDizla
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,056 posts
Posted - 2002/04/15 :  07:35:41  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit MC RizlaDizla's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by FinnHawk:
Freeform was originally dubbed Trancecore, but from what I've read one of it's early originator, Billy "Daniel" Bunter (and maybe others too) didn't like the name Trancecore because some of it really isn't even that trancey at all... I mean Freeform uses elements from a variety of genres (not just trance) including Hard House, Acid Techno, Goa Trance, and Drum and Bass, among others... There's quite a variety of styles in different Freeform tracks and producers, so it's not fair to associate all of it with "Trance". Freeform strives on its diversity and quality production and tries to avoid becoming formulaic and predictable.

To be honest, I think this is one of the problems with a lot of piano driven vocal happy hardcore. It's a little too formulaic and predictable... I prefer happy hardcore that deviates from that base formula.

But in the end, it's all just Hardcore... Genre classifications in Electronica are mostly overdone anyways... causes too much scene splitting...

Sal

spot on m8

miss-mitzi
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
608 posts

55 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/04/16 :  01:51:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit miss-mitzi's homepage
wot is "trancecore"?

If computer games effected us kids, we would all be runnin around in dark rooms munchin magic pills and listenin to repetative music!

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.83 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page