Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - other genre
 Harstyle v House v Hard Trance
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Lilley
Advanced Member

Australia
3,740 posts
Lilley has attended 7 events
Posted - 2006/11/08 :  22:42:47  Show profile Send a private message
On ehting iv been trying to work out for a while is what are the differences between hardstyle house and hard trance? im sure i have heard all three styles but without knowing the difference between them i dont know how to catagorise them. Help Please!

Alert moderator
Pope C XXIII
Advanced Member

United States
1,935 posts
Posted - 2006/11/09 :  01:32:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Pope C XXIII's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lilley:
On ehting iv been trying to work out for a while is what are the differences between hardstyle house and hard trance? im sure i have heard all three styles but without knowing the difference between them i dont know how to catagorise them. Help Please!

Hard Trance is like freeform played 30 bpm slower and with all the smart taken out of it.

Hard House (as popular definition has it) is hard trance with all the complex taken out of it.

Hardstyle is nu Style Gabber played 20 bpm slower.

Hardcore & trance inna oldskool style

Alert moderator Go to top of page

United States
357 posts
Posted - 2006/11/09 :  02:09:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit 8's homepage
You can tell Hardstyle when you hear it.
Hard Trance is harder to pick out.
Hard House has that typical "un tiss un tiss" that everyone relates to any techno song.

Leelo1
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
825 posts
Leelo1 has attended 2 events
Posted - 2006/11/09 :  06:29:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Leelo1's homepage
'hardstyle. is like proper raw screetching usualy wiv a basic riff an a proper muddy bassline very darkside............

hardtrance has a deep bassline and usually a melodic riff imo its rare its even like freeform not many hard trance tunes have breaks or enough sounds too fill em

then u got hardhouse the most uplifting usually wi a couple o sirens goin on with a cheesy ass lil vocal and a deep clongy bass an hoovers and doesnt breakdown asmuch as hardtrance and hardstyle

hoope that can help ya !

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Knightmare has attended 4 events
Posted - 2006/11/09 :  17:36:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
why should you care? it all blows anyway :s

jenks
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,683 posts

19 hardcore releases
jenks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/11/09 :  19:43:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jenks's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Knightmare:

What a very well thought out, insightful post. What ever would we do without you.. :p

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2006/11/09 :  20:52:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:

What a very well thought out, insightful post. What ever would we do without you.. :p

look, I'm not in a good mood and if they really wanna find out the difference then they should just listen to the freakin' music. I mean, it's not that hard to find the f*ckin difference, even if they just focus on the beat pattern and the sound of it. they synths are even more obvious and whe you chuck that shit together you get a distinct sound of the style in question.

I mean, come on, how can you know what a style sounds like when you're not even trying to figure it out yourself?

capone13
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,302 posts
capone13 has donated money to the site
Posted - 2006/11/09 :  21:46:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit capone13's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jenks:
quote:

look, I'm not in a good mood and if they really wanna find out the difference then they should just listen to the freakin' music. I mean, it's not that hard to find the f*ckin difference, even if they just focus on the beat pattern and the sound of it. they synths are even more obvious and whe you chuck that shit together you get a distinct sound of the style in question.

I mean, come on, how can you know what a style sounds like when you're not even trying to figure it out yourself?

Ooof, chill pill time. Don't seem the same as you do on the Rige forum mate, you're usually pretty friendly lol. Ok, it may be a silly question to some people but no need to be that harsh about it.

Have a look at that Sex topic again, maybe that'll cheer you up.

Peace

Knightmare
Advanced Member

Belgium
1,700 posts
Posted - 2006/11/10 :  20:50:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Knightmare's homepage
I appologise for the harsh words ppl. had a really shitty day yesterday and this question just made something snap inside, you know?

Anyway, I still think the best way to figure out the difference is to listen to those styles yourself and find the differences between em (hardstyle isn't all that hard, just find the crappy tunes with the gated kicks in it).

The Doc
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,718 posts
The Doc has attended 1 event
Posted - 2006/11/10 :  23:38:33  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit The Doc's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by 8:
Hard House has that typical "un tiss un tiss" that everyone relates to any techno song.

Its f**king HARD to like any of it!

Pope C XXIII
Advanced Member

United States
1,935 posts
Posted - 2006/11/12 :  01:47:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Pope C XXIII's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by [email protected]:
quote:
Originally posted by 8:

Its f**king HARD to like any of it!

I don't really understand the dislike of those three. Admittedly, they're not hard, and they're not euphoric, but they can be fun, so long as you don't pay too much attention to it.

Hardcore & trance inna oldskool style

lucificifus
Advanced Member

United States
1,518 posts
lucificifus has attended 2 events
Posted - 2006/11/12 :  02:48:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit lucificifus's homepage
I've gotta admit, I only listen to hardstyle, jumpstyle, and the like when I really need to concentrate on what I'm doing when listening to music. TBH, I think its braindead music. But everything has its purpose :D

The other way to look at it is that it's rollin' music. Nothing like that bass for those pillheads only in it for a laugh.

Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,519 posts
Posted - 2006/11/12 :  04:06:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage
Lol hardstyle dont sound like gabber:S it sounds like shit hard hard trance

Slasher
Advanced Member

Slovenia
551 posts
Posted - 2006/11/12 :  11:51:10  Show profile  Send a private message
quote:
Originally posted by Pope C XXIII:

Hard Trance is like freeform played 30 bpm slower and with all the smart taken out of it.

Hard House (as popular definition has it) is hard trance with all the complex taken out of it.

nice sarcasm.

some of you people probably havent heard a good hard trance track.

Fishy
Advanced Member

Norway
2,519 posts
Posted - 2006/11/12 :  14:22:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fishy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Slasher:
quote:
Originally posted by Pope C XXIII:

nice sarcasm.

some of you people probably havent heard a good hard trance track.

Nope I have never heard a good hard trance track.. i heard many and they where all shit lol, but if u can show me some good ones please do

Slasher
Advanced Member

Slovenia
551 posts
Posted - 2006/11/12 :  15:03:31  Show profile  Send a private message
and i find it funny that you asked me who gaz west/dark by design is on the msn.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.84 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page