Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Vinyl to CD
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Atlas
Average Member

United States
185 posts
Posted - 2002/04/12 :  09:53:17  Show profile Send a private message
ive got myself an urge to record my set. I was planin just to hook up my mixer to my pc, some way, then record-burn-enjoy! what would i need, programs wise, is my question.........and where would i get it. Anyone have any suggestions?

skimpin again, eh?

Alert moderator
DJ CURLY

United Kingdom
457 posts
Posted - 2002/04/12 :  10:49:26  Show profile  Send a private message
u can record sound with windows movie maker which is already installed on most computers programs to record sound are very easy to get
and then all u need is a program that burns cd's easy cd creator will do the job.just make sure u connect to your pc corectly.
i'm also thinking of doing this as i am going to buy some decks soon.
my mate does this and its a great way to get new tracks on cd which nobody will have yet like blaze! til the day which i now have on a cd so i can listen to it down the street in my personal cd player.

" when ya dont know where to go and lifes kinda slow ya gotta hit the raves and let your body lose control release the tension the pressure is high roll with the flow get high on the ride"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/04/12 :  11:34:32  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
i use realjukebox to record my sets, works great for me, plus you can record into a variety of formats. i record in wav and then convert it to another like mp3 or wma with a compressor. to hook it up, have the booth/master/record channel from your mixer go into the line-in on your sound card... try nott o use the mic, it is very difficult to balance and you're likely to damage something if the vloume is up too loud anywhere along the line.

"It's all good..."

Tyrant
Average Member

Canada
239 posts
Posted - 2002/04/12 :  11:52:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tyrant's homepage
for people using a Mac, there's no better free recording software than Coaster... you can find it at www.versiontracker.com

http://www.dj-tyrant.com/Tyrant-Acid%20Overdose.mp3

davegage

United Kingdom
129 posts
Posted - 2002/04/12 :  12:22:54  Show profile  Send a private message
I use sound forge for recording stuff. demo is avaliable from the sonic foundry website or the full version is avaliable on kazaa (not sure if warez discussion is held in the same regard as mp3s on here, sorry if it is, feel free to edit that out)

"It's hardcore fever and its everywhere"

o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/04/12 :  12:44:05  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
yea i found s plug for that, it has the patch cables hook up with a headphone jack at the end, i use it to play my synth on my stereo, what are they called, i baught it at a computer store :)

sam eye am bleaaaaaaah!!!!!!!

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

SAM EYE AM!

www.distortedtrauma.com

JAM-HAY

Congo, Democractic Republic of the
66 posts
Posted - 2002/04/13 :  19:42:01  Show profile  Send a private message
I use a philips cd copier that links straight up to your hi-fi, no software and brill sound quality. Costs less than some cd writers. Just plug your mixer into the back and off you go! Its ideal for moving about with you as well so you can record mixes at parties ect. It comes in handy if youve got a set of cd decks as well, you can build up your own tunes in layers, recording bass lines, sticking it back in your decks and mix in some melody, then record that, stick it back it to your decks and mix in some vocals and hey presto youve made a hands on, unique sounding tune. You can also hook it up to your pc as well. A little different, with little draw backs.

'its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice'

aznwasian

United States
428 posts
Posted - 2002/04/13 :  21:17:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit aznwasian's homepage
What cables do you use? I have no trouble connecting it from the computer to one of the channles but I don't know how to connect the turntable to the computer. The back of the mixer has a whole mess of pretty red and yellow cables and I don't know what the heck they do. My friend set them up for me.

¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.aZnWaSiAn.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯
-I can't stop raving...

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/04/14 :  06:49:15  Show profile  Send a private message
you have at least 2 outputs in a mixer,sometimes 3, there's master,booth and record. get a cable running from record on your mixer to the line in on your pc

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/04/14 :  14:11:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage
yah - u only need the mixer hooked up to your pc, and the turntables hooked into your mixer like usual.

"It's all good..."

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.17 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page