Total online 1591
 Radio listeners 176+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Featured Poll
 I have been listening to (happy) hardcore for?
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 15

Author Thread  
INNOVATE
Starting Member

United Kingdom
18 posts
Posted - 2002/05/08 :  01:25:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Ive been into hardcore since about 95 when I heard Toytown. Then I got into Bonkers and all that. How much I would like to hear Bonkers 1 and 2 again!

Innovate, redefine
Innovate, redesign
Recreate whats in your mind.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
mc trev
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
736 posts
mc trev has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/05/08 :  15:24:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
since i got kicked out of my all school and got sent to boarding so 2-3 for me
i first heard i need your lovin by sy & m.c storm on original dat tape and i thought these are the best sounds ever! and thats how i got hooked!

backtotheoldzone.co.uk
www.helter-skelter.co.uk
u know the score sy storm raw!

DJ STYLUS
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,661 posts

21 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/08 :  15:46:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
It seems to always be the early bonkers series (Number 2 mostly) That started to get us all hooked (me included. Woz that album really the fkin cats nackers!!! YESSS!

If we cant do it now....When can we do it???

manic

Australia
299 posts
manic has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/05/10 :  23:22:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage  Reply with quote
Started in '93 when I first started going to raves. Ultrasonic really got me into it, if you could call that happyhard. Slipmatt's megamix of 95 also got me hooked. So I guess that makes me a nine year addict.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

zilv3r

United Kingdom
59 posts
zilv3r has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/05/18 :  19:29:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zilv3r's homepage  Reply with quote
I said in another post, I started when I was 7, and started going to the Venue 44 as soon as I could at the under 18 events, and then sneaking in when I was like 13/14 through the back door >:]

Always made me mad when the Venue 44 got shut down :( damn drugs :( Anyone ever go to Venue 44? I'm about 10mins walk away from there! It's been shut down for so long now!

If I get paid the same as I did this year (£250,000) I'm going to buy it and do it up again as a HHC club, you'd all have free memberships of course :D

.. oh the dreams ..

Why all the pressure to sum up my life, my religion, my whole world in one line?

HaPPy i LuV Da HaRdCorE
Average Member

Australia
162 posts
Posted - 2002/05/21 :  23:08:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by zilv3r:

If I get paid the same as I did this year (£250,000) I'm going to buy it and do it up again as a HHC club, you'd all have free memberships of course :D

.. oh the dreams ..

Ill pop in wen i go to the UK
how u earn so much $$ ?

"The Milky Bars Are On Me"

zilv3r

United Kingdom
59 posts
Posted - 2002/05/22 :  02:36:31  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zilv3r's homepage  Reply with quote
Good job, good pay rate.

Why all the pressure to sum up my life, my religion, my whole world in one line?

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/05/24 :  07:12:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
where is venue 44 anyways?

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

zilv3r

United Kingdom
59 posts
Posted - 2002/05/24 :  08:28:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zilv3r's homepage  Reply with quote
Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, East Midlands.

DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/05/24 :  09:41:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
yorkshire,bit of a way to go but hey i'll give it a visit sometime

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Raver Davie

United Kingdom
30 posts
Posted - 2002/06/03 :  07:40:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
For me it was when I was about 11, a friend came back from Germany with a few tapes. The week after that he said he bought some more tapes and told me a DJ called Hixxy was amazing. So he played his new tape - Dreamscape 21: Hixxy - to see my reaction. I was hooked immediately. This was at the start of 1996.

Dave!

ParkLewis
Starting Member

Germany
2 posts
Posted - 2002/06/06 :  04:31:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I guess it was 1997 when a friend sent me hyperactive - let me play.
Of course I knew songs like wonderful days before but I never really got into the style completely.

I remember when I was like 12 or 13 that Dune and Lownoise/Theo were on the radio stations all the time, but I sort of thought it to be kinda uncool to listen to them.

I was an idiot =), but at that age you need everybody else to tell you what's cool and what's not if you know what I mean....

Park Out

NO CARRIER

DA
Starting Member

Spain
1 post
Posted - 2002/06/07 :  04:18:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
8-9 years for me.
I became a music addict when I bought the thunderdome XII and the happy hardcore V, some years after i started to hear metal and hip hop, but last year I found my roots again :)

HH and D&B FOREVER!

RoLLinG iS uNdeRGroUnD

toxicmusic

United Kingdom
115 posts
Posted - 2002/11/06 :  08:42:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I was the first person at my school to listen to HHC, got ALL my friends in to it but unfortunately it was all on tapes...so a lot of it i can't play in my car. All I have is Bonkers...and Happy Happy Hardcore 2, and Happy Hardcore Anthems...even tho i've never heard any of the songs on that before...

"I am what I am and nothing else" M.A.D

saintberry

Australia
358 posts
Posted - 2002/11/06 :  15:51:50  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit saintberry's homepage  Reply with quote
got my first hhc mixtape in 93, but i never really started buying cds or vinyl till 98.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 15 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  ... 11  12  13  14  15
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.42 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page