Printer friendly
Page: 
of 13

Author Thread  
DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  16:55:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage  Reply with quote
No matter what any one says, you're not a DJ if you use a PC

DJ as every one knows means Disk Jokey, you don not touch a Disk on the P.C so there for you do not Jockey disks which in turn means you're not a DJ, your using a PC/Mouse/Keyboard.

CDJ Means you're a DJ because you still work with Disks but aren't in direct contact of the disk but still, you work with a disk no matter what.

End of the 'oh i use a PC and im a DJ' you use a PC, you're not a DJ, you're a PJ easy as that.

And as for allowing Rankin on the site, well! lol it would be good to hear what the con artist has to say about him self and his past actions.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Dj Fonz

United Kingdom
120 posts
Dj Fonz has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  17:48:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by DjSamination:
considering you guys ARE WAY OFF TOPIC. let me direct you to a thread/poll on ush.net that they are discussion, if PC-DJ's are real DJ's or not. Someone actually posted an image of a famous american DJ who uses a laptop live
http://www.ush.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=208650

Anyways, Saying that using Software is cheating is wrong. So, some DJ Software have auto-mix and stuff, but does it always work? well not for hardcore atleast (not the track's I've been trying it out with), so I'm still doing everything manually.

I hate that board so could only tolerate looking through the first 3 pages, no link there!

Yes there are many that use laptop (i myself do) but as yet i have to see some one perform using only a laptop!

Richie hawtin IMO technos biggest name what does he use.... SSL and Ableton so yes he has a laptop 2 to be exact but he still uses TT's

Paul van Dyk IMO 1 of trances biggest dj same setup as above

Dubfire (half of deep dish) IMO 1 of houses biggest uses SSL on a laptop

I could go on and on but what i want to know is names of "DJS" that "DJ" with out TT's or decks not some ******** link to probably the worst forum i have ever had the misfortune to visit!

But hey if you all happy to kid on your djs by using your pc good luck to you!

Hard Daze

United States
140 posts
Hard Daze has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  18:10:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard Daze's homepage  Reply with quote
What about a "pc-dj" computer's hard DISK drive and the mixing software and music stored on it? Would this not qualify as a form of disk for jockeying?

Dj Fonz

United Kingdom
120 posts
Dj Fonz has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  18:17:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
in a word NO

NeXuS
Advanced Member

United States
1,627 posts

81 hardcore releases
NeXuS has donated money to the site NeXuS has attended 15 events
Posted - 2007/05/25 :  18:25:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit NeXuS's homepage  Reply with quote
This is good discussion and all... But Please stay on topic!
If you guys have nothing more to say about Rankin (and I wouldn't mind if nothing else was said) please take your subject and create a new thread. OR reply to the countless other threads already on the subject, for example:
http://www.happyhardcore.com/forums/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=&whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=29232

Jayfive

United Kingdom
108 posts
Posted - 2007/05/26 :  14:38:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
What does it matter is the dicsussion goes off topic? Whats the worst that can happen?

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2007/05/26 :  14:54:22  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jayfive:
What does it matter is the dicsussion goes off topic? Whats the worst that can happen?

The topic turns to fud and we lock it :p

DJ-Pure
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,739 posts
Posted - 2007/05/26 :  19:56:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Pure's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hard Daze:
What about a "pc-dj" computer's hard DISK drive and the mixing software and music stored on it? Would this not qualify as a form of disk for jockeying?

You manipulate the file on the disk, technically you also manipulate the Disk drive but not enough to crown you're self the tittle of DJ.

I still find this appalling, but by the sounds of it Rankin got ripped of, it's kind of comforting knowing the plank doesn't know much about.. anything but it still pisses me off.

I personally make tracks for the sheer fact i can say 'thats my name, my material on that C.D' instead of saying 'oh yeah i got fu*king loaded for that track', but i stick my best efforts in to that track so people like it, not just for the money unlike Rankin.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2007/05/27 :  07:27:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:

Yes it does qualify. For example Darude usually has 2 laptops with him when hes DJing.

Edited by - whispering on 2007/05/27 07:32:34
Righteous9
Advanced Member

United States
1,516 posts
Righteous9 has attended 2 events
Posted - 2007/05/28 :  08:17:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Righteous9's homepage  Reply with quote
Raving sucks in the UK!, if you don't like his records don't buy em... How stupid do you guys come???

http://www.facebook.com/matthew.djghostly.mccoy
http://www.rapfamily.info

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,072 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/05/28 :  08:53:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage  Reply with quote
It's not, I dont think one single soul will buy it here. Well I might, but that's for the purpose to share it to the internet.

It's about a large record label like AATW that sign a track purely based on his fame among kids in scotland... and how many can that be compared to the amount of listeners elsewhere?

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

jamhay
Starting Member

Tonga
8 posts
Posted - 2007/05/28 :  16:59:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit jamhay's homepage  Reply with quote
AATW are taking peeps views on this here.....

http://forum.aatwc.com/showthread.php?t=16840&page=8

Would have Silver would have condoned this, needing more of the big guns to. It just aint right.

Edited by - jamhay on 2007/05/28 17:04:15
kathryn
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,520 posts
kathryn has attended 3 events
Posted - 2007/05/28 :  19:16:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit kathryn's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
quote:

Yes it does qualify. For example Darude usually has 2 laptops with him when hes DJing.

Nice view

Meph751
Advanced Member

United States
1,488 posts
Meph751 has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/05/28 :  19:20:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meph751's homepage  Reply with quote
anus cam!

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/05/30 :  18:53:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
I cannot believe how many ppl are in2 rankin's sh*tty *ss music. i saw a picture on a website with a crowd full of ppl listenin 2 his sh*t. the stuff is horrible and butchers the original songs that they come from. i swear my eyes almost started bleeding while i was listenin 2 it. i'd rather f*ck shards of glass than 2 ever own a dj rankin mix or cd.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 13 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  9  10  11  12  13
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.62 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page