Not in the USA!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

Author Thread  
zarlon

Canada
94 posts
Posted - 2002/05/09 :  11:01:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zarlon's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by o0sameyeam0o:
wtf?? happy hardcore is huge in the states, you must live under one of those things called rocks, yea thats it, hardcore is everywhere!!!

Haha, my sentiments exactly..

stormin' the worlds gates yo!

peace :)

.zarlon/ducky.
87071164/55441249

Alert moderator Go to top of page
zarlon

Canada
94 posts
Posted - 2002/05/09 :  11:03:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit zarlon's homepage  Reply with quote
[just adding..]

Although, I live in Vancouver BC and it is very rare to hear hhc/hardcore at parties..

For some reason people don't like 'happy' music here, they like to listen to dark techy jungle because it's the in thing.. I like darktech jungle, and twostep and whatnot, but I also like variety, diversity!!

Whenever I mention hhc to some 'jungalist' kid.. they storm off in disgust and say "DONT MENTION THAT FAGGY SHIT TO ME"..

well, I guess they're the ones that are missing out.. though it baffles me as to why some people are so close minded/pigheaded that they can't just give something as fun and awesome as happycore a chance?

.zarlon/ducky.
87071164/55441249

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/05/09 :  11:28:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by zarlon:
[just adding..]

Although, I live in Vancouver BC and it is very rare to hear hhc/hardcore at parties..

For some reason people don't like 'happy' music here, they like to listen to dark techy jungle because it's the in thing.. I like darktech jungle, and twostep and whatnot, but I also like variety, diversity!!

Whenever I mention hhc to some 'jungalist' kid.. they storm off in disgust and say "DONT MENTION THAT FAGGY SHIT TO ME"..

well, I guess they're the ones that are missing out.. though it baffles me as to why some people are so close minded/pigheaded that they can't just give something as fun and awesome as happycore a chance?

.zarlon/ducky.
87071164/55441249

same here.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

skies2049
Average Member

United States
181 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  17:29:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
any type of electronic music is rare where i live

just dance........

skies2049
Average Member

United States
181 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  17:35:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by skies2049:
any type of electronic music is rare where i live

just dance........

Thats why i love it here

just dance........

Alligator
Starting Member

United States
13 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  18:04:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Where i live in PA you mention anything happycore or trance the people start calling you gay and saying rap is everything electronica is dead.
your luckey if you go to a CD store and they have 5 Happycore CD's its all rap and rock. Happy hardcore isnt big in the northeast!!

Agent_Double_EE

Canada
59 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  18:19:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Agent_Double_EE's homepage  Reply with quote
I live in Alberta Canada, there are tons of people here who like happy hardcore its just hard for them to "announce it loud and proud" there's at least one room of it at some parties but it went thru a slump from being huge. Usually there is a main following ie trance 2yrs ago hardhouse last year this year there isn't really anything it seems everyone likes it all.

BUT happy hardcore is coming back in full swing!!! Wait and see I'm deffinetly holding my breath on this one.

skies2049
Average Member

United States
181 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  18:24:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I know what you mean here too (ohio)
all rap and rock

just dance........

Alligator
Starting Member

United States
13 posts
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  18:54:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
but you guys think about wouldnt you rather be original... out there....unique....if nobody in your area likes the type of music you do and you keep telling them to try and give it a chance.... once they like it eveyrone else does then you instantly become a poser and your taste of music is run down by ignorant posers

milo
Advanced Member

Canada
3,391 posts

347 hardcore releases
milo is verified hardcore artist milo has attended 89 events
Posted - 2002/05/13 :  20:08:05  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit milo's homepage  Reply with quote
yo, hardcore is comin' up in the NE for whoever said it was non existant, come to new york, there is usually one once a month with a hardcore DJ

"It's all good..."

skies2049
Average Member

United States
181 posts
Posted - 2002/05/14 :  14:37:00  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
i guess its original but i want more people to talk to about it!

just dance........

JAREFOX

United States
20 posts
JAREFOX has attended 17 events
Posted - 2002/05/15 :  09:59:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit JAREFOX's homepage  Reply with quote
In Upstate...

This weekend Spree, Guy Smilee & Jumper are playing In Buffalo.
At the End of the Month Sunrize (Pittsburgh, PA) is playing in Syracuse
and on 6/22 Sunrize & I are opening for Dominik (Toronto) in Rochester at Kings of the Jungle.

Also in the NE you have Lite Brite (RI) & Entropy (MASS).

this is in addition to the AC and the Pitcheup Recordings gang in the Philly Area.

Towards the Mid-Atlantic you get Bezerker, Pepe Le Cue, Resistor & Holiday.

In the South East (Carolina's) you have Randy, the Ill Crackah, Dj Noi, Big Brother, and Camry.

Down towards Atlanta (and the happyhardcore.org crew) you have Spunkie, Toto, and Proximal.

Besides these you have several others inbetween. Hardcore is alive on the East...you just have to look a lil to find it.

Cheers,

Jare Fox

"A day without dancing was a day wasted"

MC cricket
Starting Member

United States
1 post
Posted - 2002/05/16 :  14:48:52  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
hhc's pretty big here in LA, with atleast one harcore event a week or so. If you're having difficulty finding hardcore events throw one yourselves with a mix of hardcore for yourself and then another genre that's popular in the NE to draw some heads. also isn't the ruffneck playaz crew out there on the east coast? anyways keep your chin up. You're still young skies to be going long distances to parties but keep your eyes peeled they're out there for sure.
-hardcore forever-

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.61 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page