Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Starchild
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Tripnosis

Canada
28 posts
Posted - 2007/06/18 :  00:04:17  Show profile Send a private message
Anyone have any information on the Swedish group called Starchild?

there most famous release would be the self titled song also called starchild on Fluid records released in 1996 .

" Look at the stars and you'll see that it's real,
If you look at the stars then you'll know you're a Starchild.
Once you have seen it you'll always believe
in the stars and the night
you were born as a Starchild. "

many people think this was done by the group DUNE but they are quite mistaken. ( HUGE Dune fan here)

anyway any info would be great and if anyone has it on LP i'm sooooo down

Alert moderator
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2007/06/18 :  03:15:57  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
I have heard that someone else did a version of Starchild besides Dune.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
CDJay
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3,049 posts
Posted - 2007/06/18 :  03:29:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit CDJay's homepage
It certainly wasn't done by Dune, a while ago in I was in contact w/ the guy who actually did it.

CDJay

Edited by - CDJay on 2007/06/18 03:30:48
silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2007/06/18 :  03:44:38  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
DJ Storm was going to release it or did release it, can't remember, I think the guy that wrote starchild was the a studio producer of dune... DJ Storm would remember since he was in contact with him, I can't remember it was too long ago.

Samination
Advanced Member

Sweden
13,073 posts

195 hardcore releases
Samination has attended 17 events
Posted - 2007/06/18 :  04:19:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Samination's homepage
since it's a swedish release, it's propably was only out on CD.
Only way I've ever gotten it is throu mp3 im afraid

http://samination.se/
---------------------------------------------

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
whispering has donated money to the site
Posted - 2007/06/18 :  07:07:46  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
Starchild is 2 swedish producers that have nothing to do with Dune. Starchild became a hit, and was featured on many fashion shows at that time. Later came the single Starship One. Those are the only singles released AFAIK (Starchild II didnt get its "own" release). There was also music video of the track Starchild, but i have never seen it myself (if someone has it, PM me, i want it), i've only seen screen captures of it.

Starchild has released an "album" that featured all of their tracks. It was sold as an CD-R thorough Vitaminic. Which i dont think exists anymore. I used to have a link to their homepage, but i think that doesnt exist anymore either, since i havent been able to find a new site in years (the old site: http://www.techno.org/starchild). I used to have one of the producers email address, but not anymore, unfortunately. The web archive of that site:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.techno.org/starchild

When i emailed him some years ago, he said Starchild single has been sold out, he had some Starship One singles left and pointed me to the Vitaminic site.

Edited by - whispering on 2007/06/18 15:42:34
Chwhynny

United Kingdom
371 posts
Chwhynny is verified hardcore artist Chwhynny has attended 1 event
Posted - 2007/06/18 :  09:24:05  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Chwhynny's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
DJ Storm was going to release it or did release it, can't remember, I think the guy that wrote starchild was the a studio producer of dune...

No! No! NO!

Tomas Danko has NOTHING to do with Dune whatsoever!

On DSI Danko wrote (in 2004):

Hi guys,

I know for a fact that Oliver and the others in Dune didn't do Starchild, because I did it. It got released as a single as well as on the FLUID (Stockholm Records) double CD "Nordic Rave". This was actually earlier than the Dune-songs with a similar sound, and Oliver is very aware of that. However, a moron named Alesch in Germany had this Dune-fansite on the Net and got the song and thought it was a Dune-track. So he spread it for one week on his homepage with the wrong label on it, hence the common wrongly labelled mp3 files. Starchild was actually one of the most widely spread mp2 and mp3 songs at the time back then, so no wonder eh.

Anyway, since both Oliver and I went on to other projects and terminated either group (meaning, Dune and Starchild) neither one of us cared about the mixup. In fact, I just feel tired about having to describe the mishap even after all these years.

However, I'm very glad to hear some of you guys liked something that I've done. Thank you.

/Tomas Danko
http://www.danko.censor.net

For clips and information about my releases visit:

http://www.chwhynny.com

Edited by - Chwhynny on 2007/06/18 09:26:35
Dain-Ja
Advanced Member

Canada
1,983 posts
Dain-Ja has attended 11 events
Posted - 2007/06/18 :  14:07:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dain-Ja's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by silver:
DJ Storm was going to release it or did release it, can't remember, I think the guy that wrote starchild was the a studio producer of dune... DJ Storm would remember since he was in contact with him, I can't remember it was too long ago.

Storm bought the rights to it but never released it :(

The guy that wrote Starchild never did anything for Dune. It was all a mix up caused by p2p filesharing: some Dune fan thought it sounded just like Dune and labelled it as such (perhaps because Starchild - Starchild seems odd) and this Dune fan hosted it on a fan site. From that point on the file got shared and shared so much that everyone thinks it was Dune.

I've been hunting for a vinyl/CD copy of it for years with no luck. Apparently even Starchild (guy that made it) doesn't have a copy.

Which reminds me...I should talk to Storm. I want that track.

Visit makemeRUSH.com for music from the ONLY North American hardcore label pressing vinyl!

FREE track every Monday: http://www.rushdeliveryrecords.com/?p=229

Cyborgasm
Advanced Member

Canada
678 posts
Cyborgasm has attended 9 events
Posted - 2007/06/19 :  09:45:24  Show profile  Send a private message
lol i asked bout this long ago i knew it wasn't dune

Tripnosis

Canada
28 posts
Posted - 2007/07/08 :  16:24:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Tripnosis's homepage
it's interesting that so many people got to talking about dune as i stated in the original message that it wasn't them . hmmm, strange but yea whispering is correct, i found that info aswell

cheers !

Meke
Average Member

Finland
188 posts
Posted - 2010/06/03 :  22:51:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meke's homepage
Finally i founded CD compilation where was Starchild track :)

HardcoreUnderground

United Kingdom
74 posts
Posted - 2010/06/04 :  00:15:35  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit HardcoreUnderground's homepage
I now have two copies of the CD single.

Hooray!

CDJay

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
Posted - 2010/06/04 :  08:26:24  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by HardcoreUnderground:
I now have two copies of the CD single.

Hooray!

CDJay

Lucky bastard, never did find the single. I have the vitaminic compilation though that has all of their tracks, including Starchild II :P EDIT: after going through discogs, i seem to be missing the "Bumper II Bumper Mix" and instead have a "House Mix".

Hes current website seems to be pretty empty: http://www.danko.se

Edited by - whispering on 2010/06/04 08:30:14
SpazTic
Starting Member

United States
1 post
Posted - 2015/03/21 :  16:33:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit SpazTic's homepage
Hey look, 5 years late to the conversation, here's the song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLcaPIOvQcg
Yes I created an account just to post this link here. Thanks to Zurd, Nightcore DJ from di.fm for revitalizing this song, otherwise I never would have heard it.

whispering

Finland
8,452 posts
Posted - 2015/03/22 :  09:24:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit whispering's homepage
I once posted the Starchild music video to youtube. Someone ripped it and re-uploaded as Dune "Starchild", later my account got deleted so it was the only version left on youtube :(

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2015/03/22 :  09:54:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by whispering:
I once posted the Starchild music video to youtube. Someone ripped it and re-uploaded as Dune "Starchild", later my account got deleted so it was the only version left on youtube :(

Conspiracy!

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.89 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page