Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 "Your Mine" by DJ Demo
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/03/08 :  03:43:50  Show profile Send a private message
Did the original mix of this track get released? Discogs only shows the Slipmatt remix being released. It's such a great track.

Alert moderator
Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2008/03/08 :  08:54:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
It must have been relesed somewhere! So much better than the 'remix' from hardcore 2007 which was just pants imo!

Alert moderator Go to top of page
tommy_renegade

United Kingdom
343 posts
tommy_renegade has attended 4 events
Posted - 2008/03/08 :  12:38:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit tommy_renegade's homepage
yes afaik the original was released

Wilky
Banned

United Kingdom
6,198 posts
Posted - 2008/03/08 :  13:32:59  Show profile  Visit Wilky's homepage
http://www.rolldabeats.com/artist/dj_demo

according to that link it looks like it did in 1997...

look on the right (where the titles are) untill you get to it!!

http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/wilky

This post was made by Spunk Licker
who is currently on your ignore list .
Display this post.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/03/08 :  21:42:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
Ok, is the remix off Hardcore 2007 edited? I have noticed more and more tracks on cd releases have the middle parts cut out. The 2007 remix is good, but I just have this feeling that something has been cut out.

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2008/03/09 :  10:29:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Ok, is the remix off Hardcore 2007 edited? I have noticed more and more tracks on cd releases have the middle parts cut out. The 2007 remix is good, but I just have this feeling that something has been cut out.

The 2007 version is just another Upfront track to me! Nothing like the original! It was made in 1996 as it is on a CD I own from that year but they didn't get around to relesing it until the following year. Demo's I'v got a feeling is from 1996 as well although is credited to 1997.

Vladel
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,514 posts
Posted - 2008/03/09 :  20:09:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Vladel's homepage
i think the remix in 2006 was brilliant and couldn't be faulted it was just a shame the whole track wasn't on the cd

Dj Tripnosis

Canada
418 posts
Dj Tripnosis has attended 1 event
Posted - 2014/05/08 :  20:23:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Dj Tripnosis's homepage
quote:
Did the original mix of this track get released? Discogs only shows the Slipmatt remix being released. It's such a great track.

I know this is an old topic, but I saw it and wanted to comment on it. The original track did get released but not on an official label. It was Self Released by Demo.

Here is a link

http://www.discogs.com/Slipmatt-DJ-Demo-After-Dark-Your-Mine-Original-Mix/release/3940151

-rejecting your reality and substituting my own

Smoogie
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
6,480 posts
Posted - 2014/05/08 :  21:30:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Smoogie's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Dj Tripnosis:
quote:

I know this is an old topic, but I saw it and wanted to comment on it. The original track did get released but not on an official label. It was Self Released by Demo.

Here is a link

http://www.discogs.com/Slipmatt-DJ-Demo-After-Dark-Your-Mine-Original-Mix/release/3940151

I want it

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2014/05/09 :  07:38:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
The original appeared on This is....Hardcore around '97 (and later on the re-release that was called Platinum Happy Hardcore) but it was tagged as the Slipmatt remix. Slipmatt's remix is very similar to the original but produced a lot better.

Captain Triceps
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,184 posts
Posted - 2014/05/09 :  19:34:11  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Captain Triceps's homepage
The Slipmatt remix was my absolute favourite back in the happy hardcore days. I remember getting that This Is... Hardcore and being bloody gutted when I heard the full length version of You're Mine. The rest of the album and the mix were superb though, just let down by this dogshit version of my favourite track. I have never heard it played elsewhere.

https://soundcloud.com/paulbradley1982

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/05/09 :  21:32:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Triceps:
The Slipmatt remix was my absolute favourite back in the happy hardcore days. I remember getting that This Is... Hardcore and being bloody gutted when I heard the full length version of You're Mine. The rest of the album and the mix were superb though, just let down by this dogshit version of my favourite track. I have never heard it played elsewhere.

Tell me about it. There's only so many times you can listen to a tune and pretend it's another version

DJ_FunDaBounce
Advanced Member

Colombia
1,913 posts
Posted - 2014/05/09 :  22:53:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ_FunDaBounce's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:

Tell me about it. There's only so many times you can listen to a tune and pretend it's another version

lol! same conclusion, same track!

https://soundcloud.com/fundabouncedj
https://brightspeedrecordings.bandcamp.com

Every Saturday night from 10-12 (Bogota/Colombia time)
https://www.twitch.tv/fundabouncedj

Brainchild
Average Member

United Kingdom
193 posts
Posted - 2014/05/11 :  13:10:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Brainchild's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by DJ_FunDaBounce:
quote:
Originally posted by Mortis:
quote:

lol! same conclusion, same track!

I always assumed at the time it was an alternative Slipmatt remix. I got very annoyed that the version used on Vibes' mix CD was the actual good version of the track, the Slipmatt remix.

Wasn't it the same thing with Demo's I've Got a Feeling track? The original and released Ham remix seem very similar, just Ham did a better production job.

raindancerob
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,588 posts
raindancerob has attended 88 events
Posted - 2014/05/13 :  03:01:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindancerob's homepage
na the original was only on dubplate & never released on vinyl

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Posted - 2014/05/13 :  08:26:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
I was 99% sure that my info was correct but I decided to ask Demo for confirmation. Kingsize (of Kingsize & Eternity), confirmed that I was right. The original was on This Is...Happy Hardcore (incorrectly tagged as the Slipmatt remix).

Edited by - Mortis on 2014/05/13 08:26:52

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 2.14 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page