of 3

Author Thread  
Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/06/11 :  22:01:44  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Northants_DnB:
Let me just see...So u dont think being told u got problems cus u dislike a song is not slightly offensive in any wayz???? hmmmm

It would be offensive if I meant it to be offensive. I was just kidding around, but I guess as we've seen you don't really read posts carefully enough to see that. Everyone is welcome to have their own opinion, you should just realize we aren't merely trying to push ours' around and neither should you. This board is for discussing music not turning it into personal flame wars because we can't agree which song we rate more. Personally I think the Ham mix of Cloudy Daze is an amazing song and I still spin it a lot, but lets leave it at that.
-Lixx

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/06/12 :  02:32:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
^^ well said m8, forums are about agreeing and disagreeing,but now about starting any rivalry about it. ok so someone likes a song and someone doesn't,just leave it at that. peace :)

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

zazzy

Australia
20 posts
Posted - 2002/06/12 :  22:05:45  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Hey what do u ppl think of that "oblivion" tune? heard it yesterday and thought it was crap...no feeling in it what so ever...or is it jus me?
oh and I'm not trying to stir shit, jus thinkin what u think of it :)

interviews, music and STUFF!!!

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Nick of Blaze! is verified hardcore artist
Posted - 2002/06/13 :  01:04:35  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
Firstly, I've been away on holiday so my apologies if I've missed a topic I should have responded too. If there is one, then point me to it and I'll reply.

OK, Oblivion.

This was always a difficult track. I wrote it, lived with it for a month, toyed with it, liked it, didnt like it, then finally, proof was in the pudding, I recorded it with Jo.

It had "something" but I didnt know what. It's one of those tracks you like or you don't simple, there's no middle of the road.

Anyway, after it was written and I had the initial demo, I played it to Next Gen and they liked it, but they agreed, it wasnt a Bang! or Stealth track, so it went out as Oblivion, by, Oblivion on BB.

(Actually, it was suppose to be Oblivvion, but that got lost along the way!)

So there you have it, a slight misfit, but I hear it still gets played, and some people do like it. Is it one of the best tunes I've written? Probably not, but Ive written worse!

Maybe a compilation featuring the WORST of happy hardcore.

Anyway, I hope there's other stuff of mine that you like and cheers for the feedback.

Nick.

Lusive
Average Member

Australia
151 posts
Posted - 2002/06/13 :  03:20:56  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Nick: You dont have to justify anything, you have given so much to happy hardcore!

In the same way Force and Styles shaped the sound in 95/96 you did it in 97-99. As far as i can tell you have had a huge influence on the direction of happy hardcore.

Sure, you may have released a track that was slightly out of bang's character, but you have also made tracks so so close to perfection its not funny.

So as for feedback, take some thats had some thought behind it instead of a 2 second opinion.

please keep doing what it is you do, i look forward to your releases, and god dammnit come to Australia

ps. stop throwing sand kiddies

| A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's dynamite, baby." -Jack Handy |

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Posted - 2002/06/13 :  05:44:20  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
Cheers bud, and I really appreciate what you say.

But I swear I'm never offended by constructive criticism like that, or someone questioning a track. I don't ever have a problem with that at all, and its perfectly acceptable that some tunes people like and some they don't.

Mind you I had to laugh at the flip side of Cloudy Daze comments, that was actually my remix! LOL... I always said remixing isnt my thing. Luna C said to me once, "You write absolutely superb songs and great music, but your beats are f*cking sh*te!"

Critique indeed!

Don't ever think I take offence at a criticism about my tracks, it's all part of the game.

Cheers though, it's the nutz to be appreciated once in a while.

Nick.

DJ Pathfinder
Advanced Member

Netherlands
1,676 posts

51 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/13 :  06:21:18  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ Pathfinder's homepage  Reply with quote
oblivion is deffenly not the worst happyhardcore track i can easy on a best off.

You can't see me,because i am the future.

zazzy

Australia
20 posts
Posted - 2002/06/13 :  08:23:43  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Nick: Like sum1 said, u dont have to justify urself or ur tunes to anyone. Being the man who made my favourite happy hardcore tune (shooting star) I do know u write sum absolutely wicked tunes! :)

When I said that Oblivion tune was "crap"..well I ment it, but said it prolly too harsly..maybe sumthing like "not good" would have been better (sorry, I'm pretty sick atm so this post might not make any sense..hahaha)..I dont HATE it, but it's not my thing. I can see that workin on crowd and being played but it's not a tune I'd buy. Like I said, I didn't have any feeling...to me.:)

And like u said it wasn't Bang! or Stealth stuff so that might explain why it didn't work for me :)

Well, jus wanted to clear sum things up ....

keep those tunes comin! :) :)

Join the mailing list:
[email protected]

No Left Turn

United States
474 posts

242 hardcore releases
No Left Turn has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/06/13 :  11:19:29  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit No Left Turn's homepage  Reply with quote
what IS the difference between Bang!/Blaze!/Nimrod/Stealth anyway? it looks like Bang! and Stealth are owned by Next Gen so Blaze! and Nimrod were made for Hecttech. same song writer, same vocalist, why the different names? i guess this goes for other dj's who have 20 different names (*ahem* Brisk), too. well... dj's can write so many different kinds of tracks and have a different name for any sort of style. but we all know jo's voice and nick's writing... so... ?

-Donny / No Left Turn
http://www.hardcoreravers.com

Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Posted - 2002/06/13 :  15:21:20  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
OK, I will clarify this because it's been asked a few times now in various places, and hopefully, it can be referred to in future rather than having to repeat.

Firstly, Bang!, Stealth and Oblivion.
These names are owned by myself in full, and only I have the right to allow others to use them. Next Generation under a now expired Agreement have the right to use the names in relation to the Master Recordings supplied under that Agreement on a non exclusive basis.

Blaze! and Nimrod are also owned by myself (and my company MidexProductions.com). Master Wax and HectTech Records have the right to use these names in conjunction with the tracks we license to them, for exploitation.

The remixed/adapted versions of all my songs released on Next Generation and Blatant Beats, are their property. However the actual copyright to all these works belongs to me. EXCEPT "See Me Climb (Magic Carpet Ride)" which is jointly owned by MidexMusic.com/Next Generation Music Publishing).

The remixed/adapted versions of "Shooting Star" by Flip & Fill belong to All Around The World Records, however the actual copyright to the song itself belongs to myself and MidexMusic.com (my publishing company).

Thats the technical/legal bit, now the reason behind it.

I decided to lay to rest Bang! & Stealth mainly because I wanted to open up the songwriting to my music partner and business partner Chris. Also, we're now using a few different vocalists, and Bang! especially, was me and Jo's "baby", so it should really remain that way.

So that's why I started again. Bang! will always be special and we're going to be doing a Bang! album in the near future, but for the time being, it's a new start.

Mind you, Jo always wanted to record Cloudy Daze, (the previous version was performed by Donna Grassie) so a new Blaze! release will be Jo's version of this track out very soon. Stay tuned because everyone who's into recording/producing happy hardcore music will have a chance to remix this track using Jo's bare vocals and be featured on the B-side to this great release as well as getting a professional remix fee.

I do hope that clears things up. Please don't write to me asking for any more info on this subject as for legal and confidentiality reasons, I can't say more than has been said above.

Cheers guys.

Nick.

No Left Turn

United States
474 posts

242 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/13 :  15:51:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit No Left Turn's homepage  Reply with quote
^^ WOW! that helps. :)

-Donny / No Left Turn

Lixx
Advanced Member

United States
1,338 posts

288 hardcore releases
Lixx has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/06/13 :  22:01:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Lixx's homepage  Reply with quote
Wow, what is the general consensus on Oblivion? I personally love that tune a lot; or should I say, I think Ham did an absolutely amazing job with his mix(kinda sounds like he nicked the groovy part from U Belong To Me but I don't care). It always seemed to have something extra special about it, maybe the ambigious happy/haunting vocals or just maybe the fact that it doesn't have the flow of an average vocal tune. However I can't really listen to more than a few measures of the Brisk mix before I have to staple my ears shut (man what was he smoking when he did that?). I'm curious to hear what you guys think, cause I've always rated the tune. Also Nick, do you know what happened to the "You R My Sunshine" tune which used the Cloudy Daze vocals and was originally slated for release on KF 50? I'm just interested in what Luna-C would've done with those vocals it seeing as he's usually so anti-cheesy
-Lixx

Nick of Blaze!
Average Member

United Kingdom
196 posts
Posted - 2002/06/14 :  01:23:09  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Nick of Blaze!'s homepage  Reply with quote
Hiya bud!

I think you're talking about the Survivor track by T-Bone. We was just testing the waters really with that one, trying out a mix or two.

Cheers

Nick.

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2002/06/14 :  06:34:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
I personally love the Ham mix of Oblivion, and Cloudy Daze :)

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2002/06/14 06:36:56
No Left Turn

United States
474 posts

242 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/06/14 :  12:26:09  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit No Left Turn's homepage  Reply with quote
nick, i noticed that blaze! and nimrod are both using jo as the vocalist and that you were saying you were saying you were bringing in new vocalists. are the new vocalists gonna be springing new groups or will they be falling under blaze!/nimrod? also what are your reasons for having multiple group names?

-Donny / No Left Turn

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 3 pages long: 1  2  3
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.58 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page