Need help with compilation
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
DJ CURLY

United Kingdom
457 posts
Posted - 2002/06/24 :  09:56:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
yeah terry where were u gonna get all these tunes from.

take a look around all the people getting down.
hardcore id the sound and were underground.
were underground.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
terry6680
Average Member

United Kingdom
179 posts
Posted - 2002/06/25 :  05:26:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit terry6680's homepage  Reply with quote
Yes i am downloading them- steadily! im only on 56k so i cant do them all at once, that was the reason for saying "only one song at a time"

terry6680
Average Member

United Kingdom
179 posts
Posted - 2002/06/25 :  05:30:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit terry6680's homepage  Reply with quote
Well iv always wanted to make a hhc cd with the very best tunes, but iv never had the time, or a cd writer to make one, so it really is for personal use, but if anyone has any decent suggestion of what else i could do with the cd then my ears are open.

Weird Fish

Aruba
437 posts
Posted - 2002/06/25 :  05:31:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weird Fish's homepage  Reply with quote
aren't you gonna get it now!!!!, poor you

I'm 41,47727272727273 % insane!!!

terry6680
Average Member

United Kingdom
179 posts
Posted - 2002/06/25 :  05:33:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit terry6680's homepage  Reply with quote
get what now??? i have a cd writer if thats what u mean?

Pandora
Average Member

United States
173 posts
Posted - 2002/06/25 :  09:30:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
Terry, I've only been on this site for a few months but I have noticed that the members here including the founder find it very offensive when people abuse there limits with downloading mp3's. It is considered ripping off the owners of the songs because they do not get any royalties from your gain. These people spend a large amount of money for our listening pleasure and when mp3's are ripped off it makes it so they don't have the profit from selling tapes/records/cd's to make another release, and could put them out of business. I my self have been reprimanded for discussing mp3's and was slightly offended, but now I understand the reason and severity of the situation. Some labels have gone out of business because they don't have the profit from record/tape/cd sales. Basically Silver wanted to know what you are doing with these songs and why you cant go out and buy a tape/record/cd and record from that. You might think "I don't have the money to do that..." Well think about this...if you don't have the money to do that and you take from an mp3 then that is taking the money from the person who made the song. If you don't have the money then they don't have the money. It's kind of a catch 22....I know. I hope this explains some of the feelings of the members and why they are offended by mp3's.

"I kiss your lips and close my eyes, take you away to paradise, make everybody see that I love you and you love me"

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/06/25 :  19:32:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage  Reply with quote
^^^^^^^^ well said ^^^^^^^^^^

if you have the money to sit on a 56K connection and download songs, you have the money to buy a cd or mixtape.

if you are going to continue to download mp3s, please do not discuss it on this site as our community rejects the concept. thank you.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

terry6680
Average Member

United Kingdom
179 posts
Posted - 2002/06/26 :  03:15:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit terry6680's homepage  Reply with quote
I dont think you lot understand the means of "personal use"
i wasnt planning on using the cd to sell or anything of the sort, as i have explained before that i am making a compilation cd for myself to listen in my car and in my room and i just wanted some suggestions of long forgotton songs that i havent heard in ages that would be classed as "best songs" or classics! so get off your high horse and dont fill up my topic with your cr**

terry6680
Average Member

United Kingdom
179 posts
Posted - 2002/06/26 :  03:21:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit terry6680's homepage  Reply with quote
and i dont know why you think im ripping them off when i said nothing of the sort about selling them or anything like that in the first place so dont go accusing me of ripping anyone off and making look like a c*** OK

silver
Admin

Japan
12,549 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/06/26 :  03:38:16  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage  Reply with quote
Terry: Just to clear this up... You are mixing up software and music, some software licences say free for personal use but music is not under that category. It is generally excepted that if you buy a CD and then copy it to your personal MD player or walkman then that is for "personal use" (and you don't give it to anyone else)... but if you don't own the orginal CD then you taking money away from the people that created the tune.

Even radio stations have to pay the record companies for playing songs on the radio.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

terry6680
Average Member

United Kingdom
179 posts
Posted - 2002/06/26 :  03:45:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit terry6680's homepage  Reply with quote
Well, i do have most of the songs on cd, or used to until my house was robbed and half my cds were gone too, including all my classic hhc old songs...... so in fact i have already bought/ paid for the songs, but i dont see any harm in making a personal cd for myself, i would of done it from my cds if i still had them.

terry6680
Average Member

United Kingdom
179 posts
Posted - 2002/06/26 :  03:49:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit terry6680's homepage  Reply with quote
Poor me!

terry6680
Average Member

United Kingdom
179 posts
Posted - 2002/06/28 :  03:35:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit terry6680's homepage  Reply with quote
I dont suppose anyone knows of a quite old tune, i cant really explain how it goes or who it is done by, all i can say is that it doesnt have any words and it is a classic old hhc tune? does anyone have any suggestions of what it could be?

Weird Fish

Aruba
437 posts
Posted - 2002/06/28 :  14:19:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Weird Fish's homepage  Reply with quote
* "Nice Try" - don't know by who*

I'm 41,47727272727273 % insane!!!

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2002/06/28 :  14:34:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
OMG i'm sure u can describe it more than that.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.5 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page