| Author |
Thread |
|
Jay-Owen
Advanced Member
    

 Belgium
1,430 posts Joined: Aug, 2006
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 00:44:39
I wanted to know what the site's general opinion on the Prodigy was? Just out of common interest, and whether playing a Prodigy oldy (Charly, Out of Space, No Good,...) would go down well at a rave?
__________________________________
The Sweet M&J on Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSweetMandJ Become a fan on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/TheSweetMandJ Visit our website! http://www.thesweetmandj.com Email at: [email protected]
Alert moderator 
|
Brian K
Advanced Member
    

 United States
8,663 posts Joined: Sep, 2001
528 hardcore releases
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 01:29:35
most everytime I've played a prodigy tune in a set it usually went over very well...new & old
__________________________________
"we'll delete the weak"
Alert moderator
|
Lilley
Advanced Member
    

 Australia
3,738 posts Joined: Jul, 2006
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 08:21:33
yeh id prob go something bit on the newer side, firestarter or something. i would love to hear that in a rave
__________________________________
nearly in line....
.....strange continuity problems
Alert moderator
|
SPOOX
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
2,629 posts Joined: Jul, 2006
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 09:16:11
I only like the early stuff (91-94).
__________________________________
Spoox (Darren)
Alert moderator
|
Mortis
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
7,493 posts Joined: May, 2004
341 hardcore releases
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 10:19:36
I don't like most tracks past The Jilted Generation to be honest. I much prefer their earlier stuff.
__________________________________
"Maybe in a day and age in which even our rappers can't get to the end of a verse without having an existential crisis, we should find a place for happy hardcore"
Alert moderator
|
silver
Admin
    

 Japan
12,357 posts Joined: Feb, 2001
894 hardcore releases
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 11:11:10
Jilted generation was their best album after firestarter came out their tracks were all rocky and with singing from Keith which was good but it was too different from their previous stuff. I remember in 92 I used to have the CD on repeat for hours :)
Alert moderator
|
djDMS
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
9,325 posts Joined: Feb, 2003
572 hardcore releases
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 11:33:08
quote: Originally posted by Mortis:
I don't like most tracks past The Jilted Generation to be honest. I much prefer their earlier stuff.
Seconded.
The more they tried to distance themselves from their rave roots, the more i disliked them.
__________________________________
Taking my time to perfect the beat
Alert moderator
|
wong
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
2,745 posts Joined: Feb, 2006
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 19:17:17
quote: Originally posted by SPOOX:
I only like the early stuff (91-94).
yup.
__________________________________
intensify the treatment
Alert moderator
|
tru bass
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
1,996 posts Joined: Jul, 2006
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 20:04:43
new stuffs a bit rubbish..
all started goin downhill after firestarter/breath
__________________________________
http://soundcloud.com/shrubman
Alert moderator
|
__CMC__
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
593 posts Joined: Aug, 2007
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 20:36:49
I loved The Experience album and the rest of the older stuff but all new stuff if poor!
Alert moderator
|
dj_excy
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
1,987 posts Joined: Jun, 2004
205 hardcore releases
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 21:26:09
quote: Originally posted by __CMC__:
I loved The Experience album and the rest of the older stuff but all new stuff is poor!
Snap with the experience album :) i also liked The Fat Of The Land Album awesome
__________________________________
chill out and take some hash coz excy's out 2get ****in mashed!!
----------------------
http://www.acidplanet.com/dj_excy ------------------------------
Alert moderator
|
Smoogie
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
5,481 posts Joined: Mar, 2006
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 21:28:52
I like Out of space & Everybody in the place!
__________________________________
.
Alert moderator
|
Jay-Owen
Advanced Member
    

 Belgium
1,430 posts Joined: Aug, 2006
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 22:03:30
I also love the Narcotic Suite on Jilted, especially Skylined!
__________________________________
The Sweet M&J on Youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSweetMandJ Become a fan on Facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/TheSweetMandJ Visit our website! http://www.thesweetmandj.com Email at: [email protected]
Alert moderator
|
DJ_Axiom
Advanced Member
    

 United States
824 posts Joined: Jun, 2006
|
Posted - 2008/10/10 : 23:36:46
Spitfire
__________________________________
http://www.globalhardcorealliance.com http://www.facebook.com/benahm07 North American Hardcore Movement
Alert moderator
|
FingazMc
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
2,752 posts Joined: Mar, 2001
|
Posted - 2008/10/11 : 01:15:14
First album was immense!
__________________________________
http://www.youtube.com/officialfingazmc http://www.facebook.com/fingazmcfanpage http://www.soundcloud.com/fingazmc
Alert moderator
|
The Doc
Advanced Member
    

 United Kingdom
2,718 posts Joined: Jan, 2006
|
Posted - 2008/10/11 : 01:31:43
quote: Originally posted by FingazMc:
First album was immense!
they went downhill after that! enough said!
__________________________________
Rock you in your face! stab your brain with your nose bone!
Alert moderator
|