Page: 
of 14

Author Thread  
Future_Shock
Advanced Member

Australia
2,483 posts
Future_Shock has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/12/31 :  11:02:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Future_Shock's homepage  Reply with quote
I've only really listened to styles' mix so far and i've gotta say... Most of the tracks on that CD are extremely forgettable.

Worth listening to:

manian - turn the ride (darren styles remix)
re-con & squad e - cut & recycle
re-con & chris unknown - please tell me

I personally HATED:

discolights ..... just ergh
first serve (D&G remix).... seriously... joke track right? i thought it was terrible
1,2,3,4 i thought was just really average... like... so average

I didn't mind azure - the heartache but it was nothing really special... didnt really grab me

Disappointing cd overall i think... some terrible tracks, majority pretty average, a very few good tracks.

I'm hoping breeze and hixxy's mixes are better than this...

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Quicksilver
Advanced Member

Sweden
2,545 posts
Posted - 2009/01/02 :  12:44:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Quicksilver's homepage  Reply with quote
It's Azora, not Azura. Just got Future Trance 43 and The Heartache is on there. I prefer the hardcore version though, but pretty much the only difference is the speed. :P

My SOUNDCLOUD

oscarwildone
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 posts
Posted - 2009/01/04 :  17:34:03  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oscarwildone's homepage  Reply with quote
They produce the tracks and co write with a lot of other people, which gives many writers exposure and a chance to get on the ladder. I wrote the lyrics to 2 of the tracks on the album and really appreciate the opportunity that Breeze & Styles have given to me.

oscarwildone
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 posts
Posted - 2009/01/04 :  17:41:55  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oscarwildone's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by warped_candykid:
Breeze & Chris Unknown-One Desire....Guy or Chick on vocals?

The vocalist is Laura Stracey, whose father is John H Stracey who was the world middle weight boxing champion

Edited by - oscarwildone on 2009/01/04 18:15:12
Torpex
Advanced Member

Poland
824 posts
Torpex has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/01/04 :  17:51:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Torpex's homepage  Reply with quote
Which ones? :)

oscarwildone
Starting Member

United Kingdom
4 posts
Posted - 2009/01/04 :  18:09:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit oscarwildone's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Torpex:
Which ones? :)

'Dont walk away' and 'One Desire'

Edited by - oscarwildone on 2009/01/04 18:13:01
DJLiight

United States
20 posts
Posted - 2009/01/04 :  19:35:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJLiight's homepage  Reply with quote
Bought it =]

GoBeserk

United Kingdom
88 posts
Posted - 2009/01/05 :  17:43:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit GoBeserk's homepage  Reply with quote
didn't like it that much, the azura tracks were a nice suprise though. the other 4 were much better

latininxtc
Advanced Member

United States
7,307 posts
latininxtc has attended 5 events
Posted - 2009/01/05 :  21:13:23  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit latininxtc's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trimms:
Back on topic?:

I love Styles' mix.

I thought Breeze's was nowhere near as good as his on 4, which is my favorite Clubland mix of all time. I also thought Styles & Breeze's cover of Weekend Has Come by S3rl was so lame. Hixxy's mix was decent. Unfortunately I was completely let down by his song "Brother." It wasn't at all emotional or meaningful like I had hoped it would be from what people had said. It was just... it was happy hardcore. He's dead. That just doesn't work.

Just finishing up the Hixxy mix now, but I thought this collection was quite good. Styles' mix was insane, easily the best, and "No 1" by Hixxy was godly. There was a lot of average stuff though, sadly.

i don't think anybody actually ever said that the song was emotional, people were saying it was emotional cuz of the reason the song was even made. of course it's not gonna make u break down into tears and make u feel all sad and blue because of the song it's a hardcore song! if he wanted u to ball out in tears he would have hired an amazing singer to sing the lyrics and produced into a different genre of music such as a ballad.

but since he is a hardcore producer this is his way of letting his feelings out and I like the song because of the song and not because i expect more from it other than it being a hardcore song.

nevertheless, i still won't buy this album it's below average overall. however, just heard the previews to Hardcore Nation 2009 and when my financial aid refund goes thru, I'm gettin it! and i hope Hardcore Underground 3 comes out soon it looks ****in badass!!!

MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2009/02/13 :  17:37:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage  Reply with quote
I know it's been ages since this album came out, but hey, it's review time!

CD1 - Styles

Discolight **
nothing very new, so i'll skip it, but I like it as much as I liked it on HTID.

Amigos 8/10
Catchy melody, epic riff, but stupid lyrics :P Once I get over the sillyness of the lyrics, I get caught up in the melody and I really like it. Too bad it just goes twice the same way, I would have hoped for something different ni the 2nd breakdown.

Turn The Tide 8/10
The intro and breakdown brings back so many memories from my early teen years, but when the synth kicks in, it's quite more powerful than what I remembered ;) It's not the most original remix I've heard, but still a lot of fun.

Sorry 7/10
Why is Darren's accent so much stronger in this track than all his others? It's catchy, but a bit too similar to Discolights I think. I found it lacked some of the energy discloights had though.

First Serve 6/10
Mindless fun time! I think the ping-pong ball effect is original and amusing, but I'm glad the song only lasts for 2 minutes because it loses it's novelty really quick. A good little break between vocal numbers.

All I Wanna Do 6/10
I hadn't recognised DMO at first, and It's definitely not my favourite from her. Not bad, but a bit generic for my tastes.

Toca's miracle 08 (DS mix) 6/10
I overheard this song already, and NOW they come up with a bunch of Hardcore remixes! I find it's a bit late, but the remix isn't bad either. Just nothing exceptional.

Cut & Recycle 9/10
Yes! Nice use of the vocals, and the soundworld is awesome! I love those notes going up and down in the breakdown, and when the song kicks off, it's super bouncy & fun. Imaginative and powerful happy track.

Welcome To The Club (DS Mix) 9/10
Now back with the off-beat style kick from discolights and sorry, this is BY FAR my favourite take on that new style of hands-up/hardstyle Hardcore! Awesome catchy vocals, and epic melody, makes me eager to play this at an event and see the peoples reaction in the crowd!

Tell Me (Re-Con Remix) 8/10
I loved that song eversince the Darren Styles Album, and unfortunately I still prefer the dance version. This is an interesting Hardcore take, and the vocals don't lose anything of their awesomeness, but it could have been more I think. Still worth a good grade imo!

It's Over (DS Mix) 8/10
Good Happy track with sad vocals, not that original, but still worth a good headbanging, especially the energic synth riff.

Why Does My Heart **
Again, already released on HTID, so i'll pass on reviewing it, but it's an excellent track nevertheless.

The Horns Of Jericho 5/10
Quite the experimental track we have here! It doesn't get a passing grade, as it is something I wouldn't mind skipping, and some parts also gets on my nerves. The full on bass kick part that was in the beggining of the CXH5 tv advert could have made up for it if it wasn't so short!

The Heartache 9/10
Lush vocals, Epic moledy that sounds like it came right out of a pirate movie, I like it! The bass/kick combination in this track is very efficient and powerful.

1,2,3,4 **
As heard on True Hardcore 2. Not my favourite track from that album either.

Please Tell Me 9/10
Oh how I love Re-Con's deep soulful voice! This is a good performance of his, and a great happy and fun track.

Touch The Sun 10/10
Jackpot! Darren Styles voice vocoded to the max, on the most uplifting track I've heard in a long long time! I almost got teary eyed the first time I heard it and started singing along automatically (god i'm such a cheezeball).

Flashlight 10/10
What an amazing end to that CD! It totally makes up for the weaker first couple of tracks. I can already see legions of ravers singing along to this automatic anthem: LIEK A FLESHLIGHT! LIEK A FLESHLIGHT!

Overall CD Grade: 7.9/10

that's it for now. I'll come up with a review of the two other two cd's really soon.

Edited by - MAtRiCks on 2009/02/14 06:00:00
Skidzorz

Canada
299 posts
Posted - 2009/02/13 :  17:40:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Skidzorz's homepage  Reply with quote
I have the Raven Riley one.

catjam

United Kingdom
407 posts
Posted - 2009/02/14 :  17:52:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit catjam's homepage  Reply with quote
whats Xtreme about it...i cant hear it...LOL

http://rapidshare.com/files/301062605/Hardcore_Havoc.mp3

JTC - Just Another Hardcore Havoc

http://rapidshare.com/files/319592945/Just_Another_Hardcore_Havoc.mp3

pm me for TL

Triquatra

United Kingdom
12,635 posts
Triquatra is a site donation subscriber Triquatra has attended 26 events
Posted - 2009/02/14 :  18:23:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Triquatra's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
I think the ping-pong ball effect is original and amusing,

its been done more than twice before

Object One - Ping Pong (B.S.E. Remix) is one of them and that was in the mid-90's

theres also a drum n bass track which uses a ping pong table as well from a few years back

DJ-Intensity
Advanced Member

United States
1,903 posts
Posted - 2009/02/14 :  21:23:27  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ-Intensity's homepage  Reply with quote
Discolights boring choon on the CD.

Trimms

United States
494 posts
Trimms has attended 3 events
Posted - 2009/02/14 :  23:16:54  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Trimms's homepage  Reply with quote
After listening to this CD for a few months, I think that one remix of Miranda Cosgrove's About You Now is one of the best songs on there!
And considering where she's come from since she played that bitch in Jack Black's School of Rock, props.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 14 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5 ... 10  11  12  13  14
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page