Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Pure Hardcore
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 6

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Fritzy

United States
114 posts
Fritzy has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/12/03 :  22:35:00  Show profile Send a private message  Visit Fritzy's homepage
I haven't been into hardcore for very long... or been on these boards long... but apparently I don't necessarily listen to Hardcore or "Good Hardcore".

So can some people name me some artists who are good to start with when listening to hardcore??? Because, as much as I want to get into hardcore, I can't if I'm listening to the wrong influence. :P

Alert moderator
Meathead
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
4,217 posts
Posted - 2008/12/03 :  22:47:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Meathead's homepage
Just sample a few compilations and download as many mixes of forums like this one as possible that should set you off nicely for now. And keep checkin back on here, eventually you'll know all about good hardcore.

"Music creates order out of chaos; for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous." -Sir Yehudi Menuhin

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Fritzy

United States
114 posts
Posted - 2008/12/03 :  22:51:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fritzy's homepage
Well, people say DJ Fritzy isn't a good hardcore DJ... he's the DJ that got me into HH...

What about DJ S3RL, DJ 0blivi0n, Scott Brown, and Kevin Energy? Are they good Hardcore artists?

raindancerob
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,588 posts
raindancerob has attended 88 events
Posted - 2008/12/03 :  22:51:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindancerob's homepage
ok good hardcore means different things to different people for me its 91-99 however i listen to rave musik from 86-present (although not hardcore)

Edited by - raindancerob on 2008/12/03 22:51:53
MAtRiCks
Advanced Member

Canada
1,059 posts
MAtRiCks has attended 1 event
Posted - 2008/12/03 :  22:53:41  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit MAtRiCks's homepage
There's a lot of Hardcore out there to look into... Don't take people's opinion on what's Good or Real Hardcore for facts, but make your own opinion I say. A lot of people on these boards have really narrow-minded opinions about good hardcore, so be aware and don't take people's opinions too seriously.

raindancerob
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,588 posts
Posted - 2008/12/03 :  22:55:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindancerob's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by MAtRiCks:
There's a lot of Hardcore out there to look into... Don't take people's opinion on what's Good or Real Hardcore for facts, but make your own opinion I say. A lot of people on these boards have really narrow-minded opinions about good hardcore, so be aware and don't take people's opinions too seriously.

i was just gonna say the same thing. at the end of the day everyone likes different things, as we're not all the same.

Audio X
Advanced Member

United States
670 posts

13 hardcore releases
Audio X is verified hardcore artist Audio X has attended 2 events
Posted - 2008/12/03 :  23:00:51  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit Audio X's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Fritzy:
Well, people say DJ Fritzy isn't a good hardcore DJ... he's the DJ that got me into HH...

What about DJ S3RL, DJ 0blivi0n, Scott Brown, and Kevin Energy? Are they good Hardcore artists?

Who the hell is DJ Fritzy?

Mortis
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
7,493 posts

341 hardcore releases
Mortis has donated money to the site Mortis has attended 7 events
Posted - 2008/12/03 :  23:10:01  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Mortis's homepage
quote:
So can some people name me some artists who are good to start with when listening to hardcore??? Because, as much as I want to get into hardcore, I can't if I'm listening to the wrong influence. :P

Music is all about personal taste - no one can tell you what to listen to in order to get into a style of music. You like what you like simple as. If what you are listening to now is good for you then that's fine...it's good for you. Other people have their own music taste and if you set about changing your taste to suit other peoples then I doubt you'll get into music at all. Go with what you like.

The best thing I think you could have asked for is a list of similar artists and DJ's as the one's you are listening to now. I bet you'll discover more on your own doing it that way as only you really know what you like - after a while you'll really start to find you hardcore music taste.

scottyd2k9
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
749 posts
Posted - 2008/12/03 :  23:10:04  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit scottyd2k9's homepage
It depends what type of hardcore you like theres the happy hardcore , happy vibes , hardstyle type of hardcore and more depends what you like more nice and peacfull or the full bouncy sets and different things like that.. Oldskool hardcore wil set you of in the right direction mate thats what got me into hardcore ..

Scott brown and kevin are good like but theres is thousands more artists out there who can do alot better, not everyone likes the same tunes so dont listen to other opinions because they might like something totally different a bit more hardstyle compaired to others so everyone has different opinions on who there best artists is..

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/12/04 :  00:51:32  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
download my new mix Blast From The Past vol.2!!! You can also search for Blast From The Past vol.1, or just send me a PM for the link if you cant find it.

Fritzy

United States
114 posts
Posted - 2008/12/04 :  01:47:10  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fritzy's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:
quote:

A Scottish DJ I kinda like... :P

And um... yeah I have my own personal taste but apparently to some people, my taste sucks so I was going to utilize this topic to look up artists that you guys liked... :P

Jackol

United States
443 posts
Posted - 2008/12/04 :  02:22:39  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Jackol's homepage
quote:

S3RL is one of my favorite new artists, mostly cuz I like really bouncy, frantic songs.
I don't know who 0blivi0n is, but Scott Brown and Kevin Energy are bordering on legendary.

warped_candykid
Advanced Member

United States
3,934 posts
warped_candykid has attended 5 events
Posted - 2008/12/04 :  02:54:38  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit warped_candykid's homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Jackol:
quote:

S3RL is one of my favorite new artists, mostly cuz I like really bouncy, frantic songs.
I don't know who 0blivi0n is, but Scott Brown and Kevin Energy are bordering on legendary.

Oblivion=Bang!

raindancerob
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,588 posts
Posted - 2008/12/04 :  03:02:37  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindancerob's homepage
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Audio X:
quote:

A Scottish DJ I kinda like... :P

And um... yeah I have my own personal taste but apparently to some people, my taste sucks so I was going to utilize this topic to look up artists that you guys liked... :P

well i like the following artists (their old releases):

Brisk
Mixmatt
Sy & Unknown
Diss Reaction
DJ X-CESS
DJ Vibes
Altern 8
Wishdokta
Carl Cox
Rebel Alliance
DJ Demand
DJ Demo
DJ Dream
MDM
DJ Ell
Stingray & Sonicdriver
Scott Brown
Ultrasonic
QFX
Q-Tex
DJ Renegade
James Venus
Atomics
March Smith
Sharkey
Fade
Monty
Naughty Naughty
Double Trouble
DJs Unknown
Vinylgroover
Trixxy
Billy Bunter
GBT Inc
Slush & Puppy
Jimmy J
Bananaman
DJ Kaos/Go Mental
DJ Force & The Evolution
Wendy Milan
Ilsa Gold
Tom Wilson
Spinback
DJ Storm
Ham
DJ Red Alert & Mike Slammer
DJ Slam
Billy Reid
Active Force
Kinetic Pleasure
& many more

old & new releases by these artists:

Luna C
Paul Elstak
Lenny Dee
Omar Santar
Neophyte
J.D.S.
Bass-D & King Matthew
Lady Dana
DJ Buzz Fuzz
Rob Gee
DJ J.D.A.
Vortex
& many more

Fritzy

United States
114 posts
Posted - 2008/12/04 :  03:02:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Fritzy's homepage
I'm guessing "Bang!" means good...

0blivi0n is a friend of mine, but more of a friend of DJ S3RL's. He and S3RL REALLY got me engaged in the Rave scene... DJ Fritzy got me into HH... :P

0blivi0n's page...
http://www.myspace.com/voblivi0nv

:P

raindancerob
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
1,588 posts
Posted - 2008/12/04 :  03:03:40  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit raindancerob's homepage

Edited by - raindancerob on 2008/12/04 03:08:23

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 6 pages long: 1  2  3  4  5  6
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.12 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page