Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 Any Usssies interested in forming a record label
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 2

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/07/16 :  02:30:57  Show profile Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
Hi all i was just wondering if any of u Australians out there are making any happy hardcore? If so maybe we could form a record label and get the aussie scene here kicking with some of our original tunes.

"My only regret in life is that i wasn't a DJ" Draz

Alert moderator
P4C3

Australia
25 posts
Posted - 2002/07/16 :  09:52:49  Show profile  Send a private message
australian djs making hardcore?

well theres Dair - next generation,blatant beats,hecteck
from perth.

and Menis - bonkers,hecteck and others
from perth.

Leroy - caffine rush- blatant beats.
from perth

Marvel -not signed yet but could give Luna-C a run for his money and no doubt will soon be seen on Knite Force.
from Perth

if that helps, dunno about over east.

Alert moderator Go to top of page
pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
pacman has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/07/16 :  16:18:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
if you're really serious about it talk to weaver. he's fairly well known in the sydney scene now, has his own little studio and an upcoming release on raver baby.

i'm really interested, starting an aussie hardcore label has been one of my main goals after i leave school. i just haven't finished yet so i don't have good equipment. so many ideas for tunes though! so yeah if you actually get this going make sure you contact me i'd love to get involved. it takes alot of money to get something like this off the ground. especially hard in australia coz you won't have the amount of customers here that you'll need to fund shipping overseas which can be expensive.

again if you're serious about it it's worth trying to track down daydream to ask him about it.

drugs is not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer

o0sameyeam0o

United States
472 posts
Posted - 2002/07/16 :  16:52:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit o0sameyeam0o's homepage
Weaver?? hes the dood who did that freestyler RMX??
daym that song was crazy

I <3 bom funk MC's

o0:: MaX rEsPeKts ::0o

....:::: Happy Music For Happy People ::::....

[email protected]

AIM: XxhyperbouncexX

www.distortedtrauma.com

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/16 :  18:54:13  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
yeah he did freestyler a few years back.

you can get his tracks (legally) at www.mp3.com.au/weaver

Heist
Advanced Member

Australia
706 posts
Posted - 2002/07/17 :  02:37:42  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Heist's homepage
I'll do tunes for you! Id love to get some output for my work. I have been making tunes on various trackers for about 6 years.

www.mp3.com/djheist

WWW.VOIDDJ.COM

Mixes, Original Tracks & Remixes, Hardcore Event/Music Reviews, Pics and more...

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/07/17 :  16:50:26  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
Ive already spoken to weaver, were gonna discuss it onbce ive finished year 12 which is at the end of this year. Basically we neeed $5000 to get one song out, its a fair bit but were gonna look at how we can get the tracks out , one way we were thinking was to get the big names like hixxy etc to play it at one of there sets and then hopefully the crowd would get familiar with it, but the question is why would they want to play it?
As for Weaver having a release on raver baby i dont know bout dat but it is very possible, but i was thinking that it would be on storm and hermans label as hes more closer friends with storm. But anywayz the main point is the money situation but hopefully we could clear dis up maybe organise a event or something, or release it on cd first and then if the crowd like it start releasing on vinyl.

strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/07/17 :  19:31:16  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage
quote:
As for Weaver having a release on raver baby i dont know bout dat but it is very possible, but i was thinking that it would be on storm and hermans label as hes more closer friends with storm

I've also read about an upcoming Weaver track on Raver Baby ... 'Dreams', I think it was. Forget where I read it, though.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/07/17 :  21:36:49  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
BABY 23 - Weaver - Come into my Dream

Send me the tunes I'll release them on MasterWax (I'm Australian)

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/07/17 :  22:25:06  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
what kinda figures are we talking about here though . how much do u take???
How bout we run masterwax japan and masterwax aussie. U could say we could start a franchise or something like that???

pacman
Advanced Member

Australia
1,132 posts

190 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/07/18 :  00:16:28  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit pacman's homepage
so are you willing to release any tunes that people send you? (obviously if they're good enough and suit the style)

that's very generous but i'd still like to see an aussie hardcore label get off the ground.... it would make me a very happy man indeed. so you're finishing your hsc too this year yogi? what school are you at??? after hsc, i'm willing to put alot of effort into getting some tunes going. i am also willing to contribute to the funding of this operation and any management/administration/operational duties that would be required.

as for getting the top djs to play your tunes.... if they're good tunes, people will play them. just send everyone free copies. big djs like to play promos as they're relatively exclusive and if they're good tracks then there's nothing to worry about.

silver
Admin

Japan
12,548 posts

894 hardcore releases
silver is verified hardcore artist silver is a site donation subscriber silver has attended 108 events
Posted - 2002/07/18 :  00:49:21  Show profile View artist profile  Send a private message  Visit silver's homepage
djyogi: It's a standard rate, it's fair, but I can't discuss it here. Make a track and I'll make you an offer. As for the masterwax aussie thing I don't really have a Japan only market so I couldn't really offer you my name.

pacman: Sure send me tunes, this is how I discovered and launched dj phosphor.

----------------------------------
you, me and hardcore forever.

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/07/18 :  03:37:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
pacman im from Cromer High School and yourself, im about 40 minutes away from the city, im near manly if u know where that is?
As for production side yeahh im gonna go into it deep right after hsc is over with. like ive beeen putting djing on d side now cause of the hsc cause i wana get into uni next year so yeahh.
Hey my email address is [email protected] keeep it aside and buzz me after the hsc we'll meeet up and discuss the issue, ive kinda got a plan that would work, so yeahhh.
BDW SILVER thanx

DJ-SK8

Canada
269 posts
Posted - 2002/07/18 :  13:58:08  Show profile  Send a private message
It costs you guy's $5000 to relies a track=D
It's only costs us like $250 to get a track made and reliesed.

Or do you meen it costs about $5000 to start your own label?

My god how long have those mice been living your back fat?!?!?!

WoRd?!!

djyogi

Australia
487 posts
Posted - 2002/07/18 :  16:07:59  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit djyogi's homepage
to get a record label going wouldnt cost u more then $1000, like all u have to do is rgeister a business name get someone to make you a logo and thats it but then if u want the record made over here its expensive as hell and u cant just say i want 10 records cut so instead we have to get like 500 - 1000 minimum which costs about $4000 - 5000 i think.

manic

Australia
299 posts
manic has attended 8 events
Posted - 2002/07/21 :  20:02:34  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit manic's homepage
Sounds like a great idea. Have you looked into getting government funding or sponsoe funding like that Nestcafe big break. I'll be more than willing to help out. $5,000 sounds like some good starting capital, but, it won't last for that long. you really have to look into the major costs. The business will have to look at its strenghts, weaknesses , opportunities and threats. I guess what I suggest is that we all get together and discuss this on an open agenda.

" Hardcore is a feeling, not a fashion" DJ Scott Brown

I was sent to outer space to find another happy place. Now i'm left here all alone, a million miles away from home.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.44 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page