Total online 1649
 Radio listeners 164+
Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 
 All forums
 Music discussion - hardcore
 BONKERS IMPORTANT REACT ANNOUNCEMENT-PLEASE READ!!
 Printer friendly
Page: 
of 4

Author Thread  
SpiritualChaos
Starting Member

United Kingdom
1 post
Posted - 2002/07/27 :  09:04:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
1st post...just found this site and how good is it?!?! MINT

I bought Rezurrection on release day - I mean after so long without a new Bonkers CD what else would you do?

Two weeks on i've actually got skipping on Sy CD - last track - at about 4 mins 38 sec [approx.]

Take the CD back to HMV this morning - 'Sorry sir, try one of these great lens cleaning disks...that'll clean your player up' [regardless of the fact I don't him it skipped on my laptop [2 months old], my car CD player [8 months old] and my HiFi - about 5 years old. I also explained a couple of friends had also bought Rezurrection and they had mentioned skipping on the CDs.

So I go away havin paid 15 quid for this lens cleaner 'thing' - still skips...no surprise there. So I have a look about on the net for 'You're Shining by Breeze & Styles' cos i've fallen in love with the track...I happen to stumble across hhc.com - ooh and there's a big notice about the CDs being fubar.

So I print of the first page of the forum...whip down to HMV as fast as poss. 'Sorry sir, we won't swap your CD or give you a refund - regardless of the fact you have a receipt, because the CD appears to be scratched'

The other CDs are of the same - or WORSE condition [not that they're in any bad condition at all having been only played over the last 2 weeks non stop] and they play fine...also my other thousand or so CDs work fine, @ home, in the car or on the laptop....I show him the dialog from hhc.com - still no joy...the manager comes down...interates the points the scrote @ the desk does...

So there you have it...HMV suck...I have Rezurrection that skips...i'll be calling HeadOffice Monday and maybe contacting React too to let them know how shit HMV are.

I did say to the manager @ HMV about opening a copy from the shelf and playin that and seein if it skipped...he said he'd still not give me a refund - I said 'What you gunna do? Sell the bloody CD on if it's in good nick?' Bit of a con going on somewhere....

Anybody else have problems taking their CD back? Maybe I should just keep it as a keep-sake and buy a new copy when a new batch is created...

Who knows...

Thanks

L8R

Free your mind - enter the SpiritWorld

Alert moderator Go to top of page
DJ Mouse
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2,687 posts
DJ Mouse has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/27 :  09:19:07  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
go for it,the first dodgy batch might be worth a bit in the years to come ;)

i think i'll wait for the next batch before i buy it

--------------------------------------------------
"Don't frown when someone annoys you, it uses 42 muscles. Bitch-slap the fu©ker, it only uses 4"

DJ Mouse

Hard2Get
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
12,837 posts
Hard2Get has attended 21 events
Posted - 2002/07/27 :  09:25:58  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Hard2Get's homepage  Reply with quote
I can't believe how many people must have posted in this topic to complain about how Bonkers 8 skips without actualy reading the main message, which explains everything about why it skips, it's got nothing to do with any shops.

Edited by - Hard2Get on 2002/07/27 09:28:09
sammypoohuk

United Kingdom
387 posts

6 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/08/01 :  11:40:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit sammypoohuk's homepage  Reply with quote
my cds r fine but i was just wonderin.......
quote:
PSA at the end just says HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE at the end

does ne1 no were i can get my hands on a copy with the full vocals in????..... (PSA that is)....i love that song and i need a copy!!!
Also does ne1 no were i can get the original of "Black magic, Bad magic"....the original...hard house trancey one.....i heard it on the tidy website ages ago but i have no idea wat it is...ne1 help??

..SaMmY..
Hee Hee Haa Haa

Haeobogoblin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
505 posts

50 hardcore releases
Haeobogoblin has attended 6 events
Posted - 2002/08/07 :  00:30:22  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Haeobogoblin's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by SpiritualChaos:
ooh and there's a big notice about the CDs being fubar.

lol

"Just because I have a head shaped like an amusing pile of mashed potato, doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated"

virtigo

United Kingdom
273 posts
Posted - 2002/08/07 :  03:26:02  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit virtigo's homepage  Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
A lot of the mixes on the SY "oldskool cd" were not the mixes of the tunes that were actually on Bonkers 1& 2 however.

I'll think you find that every tune on the Sy mix has been on either Bonkers 1 or 2 and are the same version of that tune. believe me, since I got both Bonkers 1 & 2 a couple of years ago now, I have treasured them coz i know they are very rare now, and I know that all the tunes on Sy's mix are the versions off either 1 or 2. Soz Sy!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Andy 'DJ' Virtigo

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/08/07 :  07:15:14  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
I also own all Bonkers 1-7 (I got them every time they came out from the first in 1996) + The Rezurection. And Yes on second listen most tunes are the same as the ones on Bonkers 1 & 2 however "Toytown" is different because it's the none vocal version which only appeared on Bonkers 3.

Sy.

DJ EcToX
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2002/08/07 :  13:41:51  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ EcToX's homepage  Reply with quote
i know this sounds like i dont know fu(k all about HHC but answer me plz...
does the bonkers CDs have anything to do with the club that was just taken over in glasgow?? or vice versa...?

cheers

EcToX aKa Chrismyazz(sCo)

DJ EcToX
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2002/08/07 :  13:46:21  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ EcToX's homepage  Reply with quote
incase u were wondering the club was called bonkers lol

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/08/08 :  00:29:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
No the club has nothing to do with the "Bonkers" Compilations.
If you want to know more about the Bonkers cd's go to www.react-music.co.uk

Sy.

DJ EcToX
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 posts
Posted - 2002/08/09 :  08:08:12  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit DJ EcToX's homepage  Reply with quote
cheers

Amber-Jade
Average Member

United Kingdom
211 posts
Posted - 2002/08/09 :  08:27:15  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
quote:
By Hard2Get:
I can't believe how many people must have posted in this topic to complain about how Bonkers 8 skips without actualy reading the main message, which explains everything about why it skips, it's got nothing to do with any shops.

Matt, I think he realises that it's not HMV's fault for the skipping error, although they are crap because they will not recognise the problem and rectify it - bad customer service.

.·´¯`°*º¤ ^Å^ ¤º*°´¯`·.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just close your eyes, and dream with me, you'll hear the sound of muzik

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 4 pages long: 1  2  3  4
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.19 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page