of 2

Author Thread  
strychnine
Advanced Member

Australia
2,268 posts

92 hardcore releases
strychnine has attended 2 events
Posted - 2002/07/29 :  15:52:47  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit strychnine's homepage  Reply with quote
i'm one of those lucky bastards who learn to mix on technics, so i didnt appreciate how good they were until i jumped onto a set of cheap-ass american audio decks - the sl1200's feel so much better, more solid and stuff. u get what u pay 4.

... although like everyone else i'd like to test-drive those new numarks and see how they handle :)

Alert moderator Go to top of page
BaDBoY

United Kingdom
114 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  12:06:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote
I have tried these dex out, and while they seem good responsive dex.. i gotta say i didnt like the general feel of the deck itself.. a bit to plasticy for me.

i would say get the absolute best you can afford, that doesnt necaserily mean get technic's however.. you do get what you pay for...

last year i got a set of numark tt 100's. and i am still pretty happy with them, for what i payed.. they are a good deck.. technics are a higher quality build, but i couldnt afford them, and i dont like the idea of buying second hand as you are basically buying someone elses hand me down's...

the alloy frame embossed in piano black finish caught my eye on these tt100's, and i was on a budget aswell, but all in all im a happy bloke.

i would say shop around a bit. also, see if there is anywhere local that you can purchase your turntables from, as most small shops eyes light up if you pay via cash !! you may be able to get a few pounds knocked off the overall price if you buy the lot in one go from a small company !

Badboy.

SteveW2k1

United Kingdom
59 posts
Posted - 2002/07/30 :  14:51:53  Show profile  Send a private message  Reply with quote

Lots of good replies, i'll probably go for the Numarks, it seems they are decent for the price and will do the trick while I learn mixing etc!

'Happy Hardcore will never die'

Best hhc song ever -'Toytown'

Best hhc song ever -'Toytown'

Simon
Advanced Member

Belgium
5,001 posts
Simon has donated money to the site Simon has attended 5 events
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  01:16:25  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Simon's homepage  Reply with quote
Yeah there good starting decks My mate has a set which he plays D&B on constantly and he'll tell you there fine...he's had no problems with them!!!!!

Deffinatly good enough if your just starting to dj.

Sy.

New PostPost Reply
Topic is 2 pages long: 1  2
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 0.66 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page