Email Us!
Username: Password:

Lost password
 Remember my login 

All forums
 Music production & Gear talk
 Numark tt-200
 Printer friendly

All users can post new topics in this forum. All users can reply to topics in this forum

Author Thread  
Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  04:39:49  Show profile Send a private message
anyone used them? if so how good do you recon they are. i have tried them but would like other peoples views
and yes i know at £500 i can get a second hand pair of techies, and yes ive used them as well as vestax quite a fiew times, but i dont want techies, i prefer new decks, and would prefer not to spend £700, when i feel the decks at around £500 are now close to how techies perform (gemini 2400). i would just like to know what others think about the TT 200's

Alert moderator
DJ_Solstice

United Kingdom
290 posts

56 hardcore releases
DJ_Solstice has attended 1 event
Posted - 2002/07/31 :  16:32:03  Show profile  Send a private message
in your circumstance i would say yes buy them! they are very very good decks and are solid - ive used them a couple of times and i really liked them. but at the end of the day its all about what YOU want. if you believe they are good enuf for what you need them for? then go for it!

hope this helps

"Horns Crew Dont Stop! Whistle Posse Pump It Up!!"

Alert moderator Go to top of page
Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2002/08/02 :  03:05:24  Show profile  Send a private message
thanks for the reply (the first one off any board), this does reasure me that my test i did was right, but since then i have had alot more experience on vestax and geminis.

Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Kaffine has donated money to the site
Posted - 2002/11/04 :  17:52:49  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage
Well, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say... are you saying that Geminis Or numark TT200s outperform technics?

The only numark decks I would buy are the old TT-2s (predecssors to the TTX1) or TTX1s themselves. In fact, I have a TT-2 hooked up to my mixer ATM with one of my 1200s. Bottom line is though, that despite the bells and whistles, the technics 1200s are the highest quality decks and are the -standard-.

Want to perform a simple test to see how much better the 1200s are? Lift up the platter. As you can see by the magnet under the platter and the assembly below it, there is no motor in the 1200 - it's powered by the magnets - the platter is PART of the motor, and, although I don't quite understand the correlation, it doesn't seem to be as prone to breaking.... actually, I've never really heard of a 1200 drive system going out without SERIOUS abuse, and even then... I mean, I've seen those things dropped off tables and not be affected.

Anyway, that's my two cents. The 1200s are your best choice. Don't go with the numarks just because they look flashy, and don't deny yourself the 1200s because they're old. I bought my 1200s used and they've lasted me...

atomicb
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
621 posts

60 hardcore releases
Posted - 2002/11/05 :  07:54:14  Show profile  Send a private message
some good advice.. but I thinkng I'm going with the ttx's because they have a nice pitch range (8 isn't enough for me) and a straight tone arm for scratching.

But who knows I may end up with technics depending on cash :)

Erbl

United Kingdom
99 posts
Posted - 2002/11/05 :  09:15:42  Show profile  Send a private message
after my first post ive had alot more experiance on the techies, vestax (which i used alot before anyway), ttx and tt200. ive got to say i rate the t200 as much as the techies, yes i did say that, i think for £250 you cant beat them, amazing with amazing build quality, although i now have to ask myself another question, due to getting a full time job do i get the tt200's (which are great to mix with) or do i go the full way and get the ttx? i now say forget the vestax and techies, there is no point spending the money on the techies or vestax but the ttx are worth the extra money over them

as for the tt2's, ok there alright decks that you can mix well on but there no way near as good as the tt200 let alone the ttx, and ive heard alot of reports that the pitch goes on them.

Kaffine

United States
474 posts

91 hardcore releases
Kaffine has donated money to the site
Posted - 2002/11/07 :  15:12:48  Show profile  Send a private message  Visit Kaffine's homepage
I don't mean to put you down, but you're new to this whole deal aren't you? ;P

Again, I mean, I guess it's a matter of preference but something about the way the lower-end (including the 200) numark decks are built makes them feel like toys to me. I mean, I remember using them and having the platter wiggling under my hands and bouncing a lot. If you applied enough pressure, the whole thing would tilt in one direction or another...

I dunno. It's all opinion I guess. The features are nice but the drive is what's going to matter in the end and on the TT200 I find it about equal in quality to my old TT2 which is okay, but honestly nothing all that special, I dunno. Personal opinion, again. Having used it, I still maintain that the 1200s are better... and they don't look like friggin' toys ;P That's something I can't get over... the WHOLE new TT line looks like toys. Even the TTXs seemed plasticy until I actually got to touch them...

Maybe just my personal views but I know a lot of people who swear by the 1200s... and... none who swear by the TT-200s... so there must be a difference <=P

Edited by - Kaffine on 2002/11/07 15:18:13

New PostPost Reply
 Printer friendly
  Verified artist
   Donating member How to donate

It took 1.23 ninja's to process this page!

HappyHardcore.com

1999 - 2024 HappyHardcore.com
audio: PRS for music. Build: 3.1.73.1

Go to top of page